Cardinal Hollerich voices support for blessings of same-sex ‘couples,’ questions priestly celibacy

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'I am absolutely on the same line as the Pope' on blessing same-sex 'couples,' Cdl. Jean-Claude Hollerich said, adding, 'Why only care about below-the-belt morality?'

LUXEMBOURG (LifeSiteNews) — Papal confidant Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxembourg, has voiced his support for the heterodox blessing of same-sex “couples” proposed by the Vatican’s December Declaration Fiducia Supplicans.

In an interview with L’essentiel, Hollerich was asked about the mounting criticisms Pope Franics is facing for his approval of such blessings from bishops and bishops’ conferences – an approval he has doubled down on in recent weeks. The cardinal, who himself has publicly called to change Catholic teaching on homosexuality, replied that he completely agrees with Pope Francis on the matter of blessings.

“I am absolutely on the same line as the Pope,” Hollerich said. Following a recently voiced casuistic line of reasoning, he continued, “Would we deny the blessing to a homosexual couple because they are ‘sinners’ and we would bless an entrepreneur who is going to invest against humanity? This is hypocritical.”

“The Pope considers himself a ‘sinner’ and so do I,” Hollerich touted, failing to distinguish between mortal and venial sin and implying that “sinners” in any situation can be blessed, regardless of circumstances.

He added, “The Pope does not like to condemn the sins of others without looking at his own.”

Then, appearing to downplay Catholic sexual morality, which teaches that all sexual acts outside of a marriage are gravely sinful, Hollerich retorted, “Why only care about below-the-belt morality?”

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
'I am absolutely on the same line as the Pope' on blessing same-sex 'couples,' Cdl. Jean-Claude Hollerich said, adding, 'Why only care about below-the-belt morality?'

LUXEMBOURG (LifeSiteNews) — Papal confidant Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich, Archbishop of Luxembourg, has voiced his support for the heterodox blessing of same-sex “couples” proposed by the Vatican’s December Declaration Fiducia Supplicans.

In an interview with L’essentiel, Hollerich was asked about the mounting criticisms Pope Franics is facing for his approval of such blessings from bishops and bishops’ conferences – an approval he has doubled down on in recent weeks. The cardinal, who himself has publicly called to change Catholic teaching on homosexuality, replied that he completely agrees with Pope Francis on the matter of blessings.

“I am absolutely on the same line as the Pope,” Hollerich said. Following a recently voiced casuistic line of reasoning, he continued, “Would we deny the blessing to a homosexual couple because they are ‘sinners’ and we would bless an entrepreneur who is going to invest against humanity? This is hypocritical.”

“The Pope considers himself a ‘sinner’ and so do I,” Hollerich touted, failing to distinguish between mortal and venial sin and implying that “sinners” in any situation can be blessed, regardless of circumstances.

He added, “The Pope does not like to condemn the sins of others without looking at his own.”

Then, appearing to downplay Catholic sexual morality, which teaches that all sexual acts outside of a marriage are gravely sinful, Hollerich retorted, “Why only care about below-the-belt morality?”

Continued below.
He is a tight friend of pope Francis and the pick of pope Francis to lead the Synod on Synodality in 2023 and I think also in 2024. He will likely be a candidate for the next pope. If you want twenty more years of pope Francis II he's the guy. So of course he affirms pope Francis on what the Russian Orthodox now rightly call a 'sharp departure from Christian moral doctrine'.

Upvote 0