Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been mulling this over for awhile and I was thinking that rather than a sudden changed, salvation is a Journey. And over time you are purified of all your sins and turned over to God's ways, as long as you continue to seek Him diligently.

Also do you think everyone's Journey is different? Because I have come across people with many different beliefs on how best to serve God. Some believe in keeping the Sabbath Day while others belief Jesus to be our Sabbath, and people have different ideas of baptisms and how to properly worship in church. I don't want to think that just because they got something wrong or interpret Scriptures differently that they aren't saved and that they're going to Hell. I don't want to think that people who dedicate their lives to God are going to Hell for seeing Scripture differently than someone else. Because we all accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and believe in God.

So what do you think?

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I've been mulling this over for awhile and I was thinking that rather than a sudden changed, salvation is a Journey. And over time you are purified of all your sins and turned over to God's ways, as long as you continue to seek Him diligently.

Also do you think everyone's Journey is different? Because I have come across people with many different beliefs on how best to serve God. Some believe in keeping the Sabbath Day while others belief Jesus to be our Sabbath, and people have different ideas of baptisms and how to properly worship in church. I don't want to think that just because they got something wrong or interpret Scriptures differently that they aren't saved and that they're going to Hell. I don't want to think that people who dedicate their lives to God are going to Hell for seeing Scripture differently than someone else. Because we all accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and believe in God.

So what do you think?
There are different aspects to the concept of salvation. What you are describing is known as sanctification (becoming more holy), but the foundation of our salvation is faith in the work of Christ, not in our own works.

• Agree
Reactions: HenryM
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: POST#1...Q1: " "Salvation" is a "Journey"? "

A1:
a. Salvation (John 3 spiritual change) is an EVENT.
b. Sanctification is a PROCESS (journey)

Those conclusions are for BELIEVERS ONLY!

SALVATION

The Bible reveals a bunch about SALVATION ...NOW and in ETERNITY!

Soteriology - The Doctrine of Salvation

Soteriology: Study of the Doctrines and Benefits of "SALVATION"

1. POSITION changes at salvation ...from outsider to full "son" of God
Hebrews 10:10-14
1 Corinthians 6:11
2. PRACTICE changes, and there is spiritual growth toward maturity as followers imitate the model of perfection
1 Peter 1:6-7, 13-16
3. PRESENCE and POWER of sin in the believer's life disappears totally in time eternal
Revelations: 21-22
Is "sanctification" a PROCESS?

Change of Spiritual POSITION in the "eyes" of God...a SALVATION EVENT! (JOHN 3 AS EXPLAINED IN EPHESIANS 2)

Philippians 3:20
For our citizenship is in heaven,(NOW!)
from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;(Second Coming)

Ephesians 2:6
and raised us up with Him,
and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, (NOW!)

PROGRESSIVE Sanctification:

1. We have been saved (past) PRISON of SON >>>Eph 2:1-8 ; 1 Cor 5:4-5
...simple saving spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF

2. We are being saved (present) POWER of SIN: >>> 1 Cor 1:18; 1 Cor 15: 1-2; 2 Cor 2:15; 1 Peter 1:8-9
...walk in the Spirit

3. We will be saved (future): PRESENCE of Sin >>>Romans 8:22-23; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Cor 15:38-49
New Heavens + New Earth + New Jerusalem: Revelation chapters 19-22

1 Thessalonians 5:23
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body (our 3 "parts") be preserved complete,
without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

Upvote 0

Northwest Savant

Jun 17, 2017
Rogue Valley
✟11,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you are thinking more in the lines of "Spiritual Growth" and not a journey of salvation. The triune man is composed of a Spirit, a Soul and a Body.
Read this, and see if that makes better sense:
2. Man A Trinity (Spirit, Soul, Body)

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
POST #4: 2. Man A Trinity (Spirit, Soul, Body)

RESPONSE:

THREE parts of "MAN" = SPIRIT + SOUL + BODY...= "ONTOLOGY"

Man is "divided" into 3 parts:
1. SPIRIT => (~God conscience/ spiritual Image = "pneuma"),
2. SOUL => (~psyche / personality / God Likeness = "psyche") and
3. BODY => (~man's machine, controlled by brain bucket /CNS = "sarx/soma")

The Soul of Man is also a DYNAMIC REACTION of its 3 parts:
1. MIND...the process of intellect...stored knowledge...its function is "thinking" / "reasoning"
2. WILL...your decision maker...your computer-reactor...your balancer
3. EMOTIONS...how you "feel"...natural reactions / intuitive responses

The Body of Man has its 5 senses / sensors (maybe 6?) to interact with environment....>Biology 101

The Soul of Man is the "snowflake" individual personality which starts with some genetic predispositions and is generally developed in and around the brain "bucket" and CNS nerve conductions....>Psychology 101

The Spirit of Man is given by God, and it searches for its Creator....>Bible 101

At the time of the Salvation Event, the battle begins! (Sanctification Process):

"Old" BODY/SOUL combo ("flesh") against God ...>VERSUS<... BODY/SOUL combo + Indwelling God the HolySPIRIT.

"Jewish tradition" (?) believed that you:
1. KNOW in your "heart"...Spirit / Conscience
2. FEEL in your "gut"...Emotions
3. DECIDE in your "head"/brain...Mind

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NIV)
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.
May your whole SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword,
and piercing as far as the division of SOUL and SPIRIT, of both joints and marrow (BODY),
and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the "heart". (=mind+emotions+rational=personality~=SOUL)

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is pretty much in line with the way the faith was-and still is-taught for centuries by the most ancient churches.

So what do you think?
Our journeys are all somewhat different, sometimes widely so; we come from various perspectives and backgrounds. We're judged on what we did with what we were given and had to work with, or "invest", as per the Parable of the Talents: revelation, knowledge, grace, experience, background, etc. Luke 12:48 applies: "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

"Just as you once yielded your members to impurity and to greater and greater iniquity, so now yield your members to righteousness for sanctification. . . . But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the return you get is sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 6:19, 22-23

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a challenge for a Christ-Followers' "journey".

Romans 12:2 (NASB)
And do not be CONFORMED to this "world" (CHAOTIC "KOZMOS"= "WORLD" + "FLESH" + devil),
but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind,
so that you may prove what the "will of God" is,
that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (mature)

Upvote 0