• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Salvation Doubt (OCD)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by VinceRocks, Sep 4, 2020.

1. VinceRocks

VinceRocks New Member

+10
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I suffer from OCD which is really hard especially if it involves my spirituality I believe in Jesus and I believe in him. But my environment I live in has changed and the changes I’ve seen made me uncomfortable. Ever since the George Floyd death and the BLM and the upcoming elections I’ve seen a surge in racism and violence I never seen before. The worse thing is that politically people used the Bible to justify racism and I had the misfortune of reading some ugly Theology that I can’t be saved because I have no soul because I’m non-Caucasian. as a Christian I refuse to believe it because it’s against my beliefs and the beliefs of my friends and family who are all multicultural but deep down in my mind it makes me doubt and I wonder if it’s true. have I been condemned since birth because of my non-Caucasian heritage?

I do my best not to be racist I go to church read my Bible, pray to God and I’m blessed to live in a community who loves one another regardless of race color.

I try reading the Bible verses over and over even the ones falsely interpreted to debunk this racist belief hoping and praying that God’s salvation and definition of people of Israel extends not by race but at least to anyone Who Choose to follow the name of Jesus Christ. I don’t know if it’s actually my mental state about the direction America is going lately or the Pandemic or it’s just my mind that is affecting the way I see God all I know is I can’t trust always my mind and I can only hope and pray that God is good to all who believe in him including me.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. solid_core

solid_core Well-Known Member

+1,493
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    I am a Caucasian/White and I tell you that you do not have to be a Caucasian to have a soul :)

If you live, experience and know about yourself, you are a soulish creature as any other.

3. TriciaR

TriciaR Member

+186
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hi and welcome. :)
    Just some Bible verses for you. Sorry to hear you're hearing things like that. But God's Word is true.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
    John 3:16‭-‬17 ESV‬‬

This is for everyone. You included. It's for all of us.

This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
    1 Timothy 2:3‭-‬6 ESV‬‬

The Lord is not slow to fulfil his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
    2 Peter 3:9 ESV

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
    1 John 2:2 ESV

For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
    Romans 10:13 ESV

I hope you can keep your eyes on Jesus.
    Look at this truth.

Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Thessalonians 5:23 ESV

Hope you can find the encouragement and support you need on here. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+33,596
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Deade

Deade Well-Known Member Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+860
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
  6. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 A work in progress. Being moulded by the Potter! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+6,702
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Hello Vince
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
    I hope and pray that by coming to this site, you will realise that you are part of the family of God. We welcome you with open arms as our brother in Christ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  7. VinceRocks

VinceRocks New Member

+10
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    ❤️❤️❤️
    thank you solid_core
    thank you TriciaR
    thank You Anthony
    Thank You Everyone

8. April_Rose

April_Rose Well-Known Member

+2,095
    United States
    Methodist
    Engaged

That's ridiculous Jesus doesn't care if you're black or white. *Cues Michael Jackson* Welcome to CF btw. :D

9. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+9,699
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome to C F.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. kingsdaughter85

kingsdaughter85 Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors

+474
    Albania
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome . Jesus loves you❤️

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. GPendu

GPendu New Member

+6
    Zimbabwe
    Christian
    Married
    I do not know what OCD is. But I would like to know:

What is it you believe in Jesus? And what did this “Jesus” do so that you believe him?

Does your belief in this “jesus” depend on your changing environment?

Does your faith in this “jesus” depend upon your feelings, say of comport?

Does your faith in this “jesus” depend on hearing or reading certain “theologies”?

And just for interest’s sake, do you think “theologies” save?

Does your faith in this “jesus’ depend on the beliefs of your friends/family or society you live?

Do you think the direction America or the world is taking can influence a Christian’s view of seeing God?

Do you doubt salvation in Jesus Christ?