Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by djconklin
Any evidence it ain't so? Or, is this just an attempt to cast ridicule?

And given the "food safety standards" of the day what were they calling "mustard"?
huh?

It was a joke to go with your ketchup and mustard comment.

Don't stress over it too much.

I never get stressed on anything. You'll have work more on your delivery of a "joke." And my questions still haven't been answered. I doubt that they ever will be--requires work and research.

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
More slanderous trash. This is utterly ridiculous. The comment of "Preach anything but the gospel" is more than enough reason to become highly suspicious of this testimony. Who would say such a thing? Perhaps Satan would, but it is not likely that anyone from the GC said this to this man.

And I am sure there is a lot more to this story than what this person is disclosing. He probably sought to do the very same thing that certain FORMERS are trying to do in here. That is, to undermine the SDA church.

These angry voices that spew their anti-SDA venom are all pawns in the hands of Satan leading people down a road of perdition! The sad thing is that they don't know what they are doing. Yet, that excuse will not save them in the day of God's wrath.

You will notice that they all have one thing in common: They spend every moment that they can assassinating the characters of prominent names in the SDA church and complaining about its doctrines. Thus they are divisive and antagonistic and thereby show that they wreak of hatred!
Whether this story is true or not its very naieve to assume everything that happens or happened at the GC office was of the highest Christian behaviour. The church is administered by humans, and humans even Christian ones are capable of anything. Our church has done some dodgy things in the past believe it or not.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never get stressed on anything. You'll have work more on your delivery of a "joke." And my questions still haven't been answered. I doubt that they ever will be--requires work and research.

Let's review.

You made a joke about ketchup or mustard.

I made a joke about EGW not approving of mustard.

If you don't like the joke that is your right. If you want to do research on mustard of all things then that is your personal project. I don't have any interest in researching condiments of the 1800's.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tall,

Unfortunately the story you posted is "believable". I have known some conference workers who demonstrated by their actions and words they had no clue what the Love of Jesus was let alone share it with others in their daily life. If this story is true it is very regretful, I hope that it is embelished... The system is flawed because humans are part of it. We cannot let individual human sinfulness come get us down and turn us away from God. I hope that this man has not turned from God, I can understand turning from the church but hopefully his faith is still strong. I look forward to the day when all things are made new and the sinful nature of us humans will be destroyed forever!

I don't know the man. I got the impression he definitely has not turned from God. I am not even sure if he has departed from the Adventist distinctives as such. I just found it a sad story.

I agree that the church has made some mistakes. And they have done some good things. I just hope mistakes of the past encourage them to do better.

Upvote 0