United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Cottage Bible and family expositor, the Old and New Testaments

This is a very old translation, and not a standard, as recognized by most of the Protestants, Catholics, or Orthodox Christians

It was first written in 1833, and I can't find a single reputable Protestant church, sect, or anyone that uses it.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Jews like Christianity did away with the passover's Bone Day Abib 15, by having reduced its pivotal prophetic wholeness, fullness, substance and essence of a 24 hours sunset to sunset day on the fifteenth day of the First Month, to merely a few minutes at the end of the fourteenth day of the First Month.

Excuse me, but there is no month named Abib in the Hebrew Calendar. So, get that thought right out of your head!

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You just haven't seen them yet, which is unfortunate, because you seem to be one sober Sabbath <observer>.
God bless you and keep you in the Faith as you enter upon your road of discovering things most wonderful but also deeply disappointing in historic Sabbath doctrine up till now.

I will not argue nor debate the sabbath with anybody, and the Holy Spirit revealed it to me through much prayer and attending church in every mainstream denomination. No SDA came to my door to invite me. But I will say this. For one history does repeat itself. SUNday laws have come and gone since Constantine. It matters not if anyone actually believes this because belief does not negate truth. In 1888 senator Blair wrote a national SUNday law, which would have banned all commercial and industrial practices on SUNday. You can thank the likes of one AT Jones an SDA for being alive. If that law would have been passed we might not have been born. AT Jones was an attorney who stood single handedly against senator blair and the senate sub committee hearing. At first a seventh day Baptist stood with Him, but he could not keep up with the Holy Spirit as revealed through Jones. Jones had that law repealed before it left congress.

You can read the book right here.
http://temcat.com/L-1-adv-pioneer-lib/ATJONES/NationalSundayLaw-Jones.pdf

Upvote 0

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will not argue nor debate the sabbath with anybody, and the Holy Spirit revealed it to me through much prayer and attending church in every mainstream denomination.

You will not argue nor debate the Sabbath with anybody, because, you say, <<the Holy Spirit revealed it to me through much prayer and attending church in every mainstream denomination>>.
Obvious.
Obviously not through debating the Sabbath at the hand of the Scriptures. I can understand.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You will not argue nor debate the Sabbath with anybody, because, you say, <<the Holy Spirit revealed it to me through much prayer and attending church in every mainstream denomination>>.
Obvious.
Obviously not through debating the Sabbath at the hand of the Scriptures. I can understand.

I will not debate the sabbath because there is no debate! The SUNday is not even brought up as anything but one of six work days! The SDA denomination is not the ones that make the issue about the sabbath. I am truly happy in knowing that through faith God has given me the power of grace to have complete victory in Him. To say, or better yet to argue that there is no law is way beyond any chance of being an "overcomer" through the blood of Jesus. You have zero grounds for any debate on the sabbath.

I say that the Holy Spirit revealed it to me, because I did not need anyone knocking on my door to learn what God wants all His people to know. I have been in every mainstream denomination to find that they do not follow the bible, but traditional doctrines, which Jesus called commandments of men.

Upvote 0