Prescott, Az
✟39,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure exactly what this means; but I wouldn't practice lawlessness on Shabbat. I suspect that there might be serious consequences on judgement day.
Isaiah 58:
If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the Beginning:

(CLV) Gn 2:3
And Elohim blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, for in it He ceased from all His work that Elohim had created by making it.

(CLV) Ex 20:11
For in six days Yahweh dealt with the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He stopped on the seventh day. Therefore, Yahweh blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it

The Time of Moses:

(CLV) Lv 16:31
It is a sabbath of cessation for you, and you will humble your souls; it is an eonian statute. (FOREVER)

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.
(An everlasting covenant)

In the Time of Yahshua:

(CLV) Lk 4:16
And He came to Nazareth, where He was reared, and, according to His custom ion the day of the sabbaths, He entered into the synagogue and rose to read.

After Yahshua's Ascension:

(CLV) Hb 4:9
Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God.

(CLV) Hb 4:10
For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own.

(CLV) Hb 4:11
We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness.

(CLV) Ac 17:2
Now, as was Paul's custom, he entered to them, and on three sabbaths he argues with them from the scriptures,

The Great Time of Trouble:

(CLV) Mt 24:20
Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath,

(CLV) Mt 24:21
for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring.

In the Kingdom to Come:

(CLV) Isa 66:22
For just as the new heavens and the new earth which I shall make shall stand before Me, averring is Yahweh, So your seed and your name shall stand.

(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.
Can I receive sabbath in fullness on other days or is this just a once a week sort of thing? If so who gives me that sabbath? is it given to me based on what I do or what the giver has done for me?

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
This book by Chris White,
Should Christians Keep The Sabbath? - A Refutation of Seventh Day Adventism and the Hewbrew Roots Movement, directly addresses the Sabbath and its applications to the New Covenant, through the use of scripture. It's essentially a Bible study he made into a book. The below video is actually an audio of the book itself. I suggest a listen for those interested.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can I receive sabbath in fullness on other days or is this just a once a week sort of thing? If so who gives me that sabbath? is it given to me based on what I do or what the giver has done for me?

6 days of work, one day of rest.

These three—The Bible, calendar and week
—are all part of the oracles committed to
the Jews for all mankind.

the Oracles of God

This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in [the mount Sina], and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles [ to give unto us ] Acts 7:38

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way:chiefly, because that unto them were committed [the oracles of God]. Romans 3:2

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of [the oracles of God]; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. Hebrews 5:12
-

If any man speak, let him speak as [the oracles of God]; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth:

that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:11

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
6 days of work, one day of rest.

These three—The Bible, calendar and week
—are all part of the oracles committed to
the Jews for all mankind.
:scratch: you didn't answer the question and I'm not really sure what question you were answering. perhaps you should read it again.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you keep the Sabbath holy?

Yes or no, please.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you keep the Sabbath holy?

Yes or no, please.
I don't know why this requires extra information? this is not a personal application question for myself nor one that demands more information but a question to engage the thinking and definitions of the sabbath. How I keep Sabbath, is between me and God. perhaps you'll consider reading the post again.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know why this requires extra information? this is not a personal application question for myself nor one that demands more information but a question to engage the thinking and definitions of the sabbath. How I keep Sabbath, is between me and God. perhaps you'll consider reading the post again.
Sir, it's a yes or no question. Why all the shucking and jiving?

Perhaps you'll consider answering my question?

• Informative
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sir, it's a yes or no question. Why all the shucking and jiving?

Perhaps you'll consider answering my question?
If I recall the rules of the schoolyard... "I asked first"... which would mean you bear the weight of the "shucking and jiving" end

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I recall the rules of the schoolyard... "I asked first"... which would mean you bear the weight of the "shucking and jiving" end
Actually, I asked you a question first(that you still haven’t answered), so according to whatever schoolyard you went to, it’s your turn to answer.

Do you keep the sabbath holy? Yes or no?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Assuming someone is able to keep the Sabbath holy, the question becomes;
Can keeping the Sabbath holy make someone holy?
1 Peter 1:15. But as the one who called you is holy, you also are to be holy in all your conduct.
Hebrews 6:1.
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on to perfection;
not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith towards God.
Okay, I may have answered my own question to some extent.

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In the Beginning:

(CLV) Gn 2:3
And Elohim blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, for in it He ceased from all His work that Elohim had created by making it.

(CLV) Ex 20:11
For in six days Yahweh dealt with the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and He stopped on the seventh day. Therefore, Yahweh blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it

The Time of Moses:

(CLV) Lv 16:31
It is a sabbath of cessation for you, and you will humble your souls; it is an eonian statute. (FOREVER)

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.
(An everlasting covenant)

In the Time of Yahshua:

(CLV) Lk 4:16
And He came to Nazareth, where He was reared, and, according to His custom ion the day of the sabbaths, He entered into the synagogue and rose to read.

After Yahshua's Ascension:

(CLV) Hb 4:9
Consequently a sabbatism is left for the people of God.

(CLV) Hb 4:10
For he who is entering into His stopping, he also stops from his works even as God from His own.

(CLV) Hb 4:11
We should be endeavoring, then, to be entering into that stopping, lest anyone should be falling into the same example of stubbornness.

(CLV) Ac 17:2
Now, as was Paul's custom, he entered to them, and on three sabbaths he argues with them from the scriptures,

The Great Time of Trouble:

(CLV) Mt 24:20
Now be praying that your flight may not be occurring in winter, nor yet on a sabbath,

(CLV) Mt 24:21
for then shall be great affliction, such as has not occurred from the beginning of the world till now; neither under any circumstances may be occurring.

In the Kingdom to Come:

(CLV) Isa 66:22
For just as the new heavens and the new earth which I shall make shall stand before Me, averring is Yahweh, So your seed and your name shall stand.

(CLV) Isa 66:23
And it will come to be, as often as the new moon comes in its monthly time, And as often as the sabbath comes in its sabbath cycle, All flesh shall come to worship before Me, says Yahweh.
Does scripture speak of Abraham keeping the Sabbath day?

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does scripture speak of Abraham keeping the Sabbath day?
Does Scripture speak of him blowing his nose, or using the bathroom? Are you trying to make an argument from silence?

• Useful
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Does Scripture speak of him blowing his nose, or using the bathroom? Are you trying to make an argument from silence?
But seriously, here is the testimony:
Genesis 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
Without a written law code, can this pertain to the Sabbath, or the righteousness of faith, without Law?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many Protestants demand that something has to be biblical for it to be believed, in this case, there are no references to pre-Mosaic law believers keeping the Sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you don't believe that there will be a physical second coming; and that Yahshua will physically reign here on earth?
A new creation in Christ will inhabit the new heaven and the new earth.

New earth means the old earth has gone, it is destroyed with fire.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The command is 6 days work, one day rest.
All ten are in effect always.
In heaven there are no marriages, no children. The commandment for children to honor their parents is redundant and not eternal.

• Agree
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But seriously, here is the testimony:
Genesis 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.
Without a written law code, can this pertain to the Sabbath, or the righteousness of faith, without Law?
Is that referring to the laws that Noah received? Is that referring to the decrees that God gave specifically to Abraham?

The law of Moses was given at Mt Sinai.

Galatians 3:17
What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

Abraham did not follow the written law of Moses.

Abraham did not sign the Mosaic covenant that God and Israel agreed on.

Abraham was in a different covenant with God.

Genesis 17:7
I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that referring to the laws that Noah received? Is that referring to the decrees that God gave specifically to Abraham?
Good questions. Difficult to answer with certainty. For me the key is here:
Abraham obeyed My voice
Jeremiah 7:
For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices.
23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.
24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.
Exodus 19:
You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.
5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.
6 And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.
I converse with Spirit of the Lord daily as we are instructed to do: Ask and Receive. Often a peculiar 'knowing what was not known', sometimes from the scriptures, or something you say to me by the same Spirit, if we are in true fellowship. But after over 50 years, I know His Voice.
The testimony of the Word of God from Genesis to Revelation is that God literally speaks to man,
to those who take time to listen. This I know.
And I already have permission, "to come boldly before the throne of Grace."
Genesis 3:8. And they heard the voice of the LORD God, walking in the garden in the cool of the day.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In heaven there are no marriages, no children. The commandment for children to honor their parents is redundant and not eternal.

Honoring the Father is eternal.
Many sons and daughter will be
brought to glory.

No man has been in heaven except Christ.
Abraham is heir to the world not heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0