S.N.A.P (food stamps) is a collossal failure.

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm guessing that most of the 30 million mentioned are actually on food stamps or other food assistance programs. My question is why they are still hungry?

Because the food has no nutrition.

It is genetically modified, full of corn syrup and sugar (also GMO,) the meat has hormones, full of saline or antibiotics. Those same animals are (cows for example) are eating things like chocolate, refried beans (with lard) and corn tortillas to get weight. The normal food sources are full of pollution and poison - and we then eat that.

The organic food is full of glyphosate, and has even been mingled with GMO foods.

None of the food is safe for consumption, so people are dying of hunger while they stuff their faces.

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m not dying of hunger.

You may not realize you are wasting away from malnutrition. You don't always look like the caricatures for hunger when you are dying of hunger; often times you look and feel perfectly healthy, and the malnutrition shows up as other ailments, sickness and disease.

The mess and gunk also builds up in your intestines, giving you chronic digestion (and therefore health) problems.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because the food has no nutrition.

It is genetically modified, full of corn syrup and sugar (also GMO,) the meat has hormones, full of saline or antibiotics. Those same animals are (cows for example) are eating things like chocolate, refried beans (with lard) and corn tortillas to get weight. The normal food sources are full of pollution and poison - and we then eat that.

The organic food is full of glyphosate, and has even been mingled with GMO foods.

None of the food is safe for consumption, so people are dying of hunger while they stuff their faces.
Have you stopped eating to comply with this view?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you stopped eating to comply with this view?

Are you being facetious? Because, I would hate to get into what I believe is a serious conversation only to entertain incredulity and sarcasm.

If you are serious about your question, say what you actually mean. You know I have not stopped eating or I would be dead; the context of my thesis was people who eat, yet because they get no nutrition are actually dying of malnutrition.

So, I have given you a couple of options to be a bit more sincere. Otherwise, you have my answer aforementioned.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you being facetious?

No.

If you are serious about your question, say what you actually mean.

I did.

You know I have not stopped eating or I would be dead; the context of my thesis was people who eat, yet because they get no nutrition are actually dying of malnutrition.

Your two posts in this thread indicated to me that the food supply is totally contaminated and we are all "wasting away from malnutrition" because of it with no other outcome but illness and death. If that's the case why prolong the agony by eating it?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
No.

I did.

Your two posts in this thread indicated to me that the food supply is totally contaminated and we are all "wasting away from malnutrition" because of it with no other outcome but illness and death. If that's the case why prolong the agony by eating it?

Well, I didn't say there is no other outcome but death and illness. I specifically said that we are starving to death from eating food with no nutrition. That would/should usually beg the question in someone: "What can we do about starving to death?" or "What can be done to get more nutrition in my diet?" It is a matter of personal choice how much one abdicate one's self to things, how much one wants to ignore, and how much one wants to care. What I believe is man does not live on bread alone, but by every word of the Most High God. But, I also believe we shouldn't tempt our Father; I have already almost starved to death, so I am not interested in not eating. I am finding solutions to the problems with which I am faced.

None of this happening is new, and the human race itself has survived it before. You are free to stop eating if you believe what I say - and you want to indulge in the most basal form of reaction to a problem. Or you can be proactive, and research in a library/textbook/draw from knowledge how to continue supporting a biological function in a safe way.

But, it requires work.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, I didn't say there is no other outcome but death and illness.

You did not indicate that there were options other than starvation as you indicated the the entire food system was contaminated without a mention of an alternative that was not. Hence my question about your abstaining from eating to avoid the agony of prolonged starvation from nutritionless food.

You are free to stop eating if you believe what I say - and you want to indulge in the most basal form of reaction to a problem.

I am not the one making claims about the entire food system being contemned and lacking nutrition, you are.

Or you can be proactive, and research in a library/textbook/draw from knowledge how to continue supporting a biological function in a safe way.

I have, thank you.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I specifically said that we are starving to death from eating food with no nutrition. That would/should usually beg the question in someone: "What can we do about starving to death?" or "What can be done to get more nutrition in my diet?" It is a matter of personal choice how much one abdicate one's self to things, how much one wants to ignore, and how much one wants to care.
I agree, but these individuals have already shown they have a problem with supporting themselves and that's why they are given food assistance. If they tried to eat health foods only, $125/month sure wouldn't go far... so what's the answer, more taxes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You did not indicate that there were options other than starvation as you indicated the the entire food system was contaminated without a mention of an alternative that was not. Hence my question about your abstaining from eating to avoid the agony of prolonged starvation from nutritionless food.

I am not the one making claims about the entire food system being contemned and lacking nutrition, you are.

I have, thank you.

You are trying to distract and deflect from your transparent exposure. I won't waste my time again.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree, but these individuals have already shown they have a problem with supporting themselves and that's why they are given food assistance. If they tried to eat health foods only, $125/month sure wouldn't go far... so what's the answer, more taxes?

Oh, I am not faulting people on assistance at all (at least, not those that use the resource correctly - and do not try make a lifetime commitment to the program). The fault is with the industry itself; the tendrils of deceit and influence are too deep to propose a mass plan. It will fail. However, I am not only talking about the nutrition afforded to those on assistance. Between GMOs, irradiation, antibiotics and pesticides, most all food is toxic. And, I am just talking the fresh food (junk food shouldn't count as food).

The only thing left is to invoke personal responsibility in the individual, as well as an open mind, education about nutrition, and ultimately the encouragement for the individual to make a decision based on the individual. It is important not to make decisions about one's self based on a consensus, for example. At the same time, each individual must fully commit to a decision about their own lives.

On the responsibility of the industries, there needs to be more independent published researched with $upport worth more than a flight from Miami to Atlanta. Again, the problem has gotten too big to handle on a mass scale. It is up to the individual [psychology] to choose to do something about nutrition in general.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

One can eat very healthily on $125/month (depending on where you live of course).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A link to the SNAP website does not demonstrate that SNAP is quite generous with benefits.

nanook's numbers are not at all wrong. They are quite in line with the average FY2018 household benefit of $252.68 (as found through the website).

The maximum 2018 allotment for a family of 3 is $504, which is pretty generous by any measure. Nanook intimated that SNAP was supposed to help with rent, utilities, and gas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I just heard that 30 million Americans, mostly children, go to bed hungry each night. You would think we could craft a food program to help them.

We can. We don't want to.

Keeping large quantities of people in poverty is job security for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I'm guessing that most of the 30 million mentioned are actually on food stamps or other food assistance programs. My question is why they are still hungry?
American food is not healthy. One can be hungry even with a full stomach if the body is not receiving the proper nutrients.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
American food is not healthy. One can be hungry even with a full stomach if the body is not receiving the proper nutrients.

True, but what the commentator meant was going to bed with an empty stomach due to lack of food.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t mean this in a bad way, but taking care of more and more people who can’t contribute anything to their own welfare is a death spiral for the programs and those who do have to pay the required taxes.
There is an easy solution. No one wants to implement it.

Welfare is totally wrong. Job guarantees are the correct way to deal with the problem. There are lots of things which need doing in this country but there just isn't jobs attached to them. We can keep our highways clean, parks clean, trash cleaned out of vacant lots, needles picked up, water and sewer improvements made, trails in wilderness areas built, etc.

Just hire people without jobs. Let them decide how to spend their money. If they won't take a job that is open, give them over to the churches to take care of. That's their mission anyway.

Seriously. We don't WANT to fix this problem. The more people on welfare the less competition there is for the jobs -we- want.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
True, but what the commentator meant was going to bed with an empty stomach due to lack of food.
I've heard of that. Usually that is single Black women's children because she works three part time jobs at, on average, 48 percent of what a White male would make for the same job.

Fix capitalism and you can fix that problem too.

Upvote 0