Futurist Only Russia and the possibility of nuclear war is reaching dangerous levels.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The threat has been going on since the early days of the Russia attack of Ukraine, but things are getting more dire with each passing day. Multiple US officials and former high ranking military are warning of Russia using nuclear weapons, and some are suggesting NATO should respond with a massive attack on Russian military in Ukraine to responding "in kind" with our own nuclear attack of Russia. Hal Lindsey has long predicted that Russia and nuclear weapons would fulfill scripture, and add to this the fact that Russia has just a week ago fired a S300 surface to air missile at an Israeli fighter jet over Syria.

Does all this add up to fulfillment of Revelation and the end time prophecies as Hal Lindsey has warned about since 1970, and if not what else must happen?

Retired Admiral Mike Mullen said Sunday that the United States must consider the possibility that Russian President Vladimir Putin will launch a nuclear strike as the war in Ukraine continues.

Putin using nuclear weapons a possibility U.S. must consider: Mullen

U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) says that the Biden administration and NATO should get ready to respond in kind to the possibility of Russia deploying a tactical nuke in Ukraine, although other options are on the table.

Romney warns of 'unimaginable' nuclear attack from Putin, his answer is for NATO to 'engage in Ukraine'

Russia has fired anti-aircraft missiles at Israeli forces, in what experts fear could lead to an escalation of the Syrian conflict, even as Russia is bogged down in Ukraine

Russia 'sends a message' with first missile attack on Israeli jets

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast. —Jeremiah 50:6

Hal Lindsey sure seems convinced that Russia is this nation, also referred to in Revelation and other prophecy as the Army from the East or North. Syria could also be involved in this coming attack of Israel, since they are allies with Putin and have used chemical weapons (nerve agent I think) on their own people. Who do you think Jeremiah's prophecy refers to? And who do you think is the Army from the East? I've read some think China, another Russian ally. Could be Iran too, yet another Russian ally.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As far as the current conflict, care for the poor on a local level is probably a a very relevant christian teaching due to the effect this war will have on the global economy.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The threat has been going on since the early days of the Russia attack of Ukraine, but things are getting more dire with each passing day. Multiple US officials and former high ranking military are warning of Russia using nuclear weapons, and some are suggesting NATO should respond with a massive attack on Russian military in Ukraine to responding "in kind" with our own nuclear attack of Russia. Hal Lindsey has long predicted that Russia and nuclear weapons would fulfill scripture, and add to this the fact that Russia has just a week ago fired a S300 surface to air missile at an Israeli fighter jet over Syria.

Does all this add up to fulfillment of Revelation and the end time prophecies as Hal Lindsey has warned about since 1970, and if not what else must happen?

Retired Admiral Mike Mullen said Sunday that the United States must consider the possibility that Russian President Vladimir Putin will launch a nuclear strike as the war in Ukraine continues.

U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) says that the Biden administration and NATO should get ready to respond in kind to the possibility of Russia deploying a tactical nuke in Ukraine, although other options are on the table.

Romney warns of 'unimaginable' nuclear attack from Putin, his answer is for NATO to 'engage in Ukraine'

Russia has fired anti-aircraft missiles at Israeli forces, in what experts fear could lead to an escalation of the Syrian conflict, even as Russia is bogged down in Ukraine

If WW3 happened now and wiped out over a billion people, do you think that might be in the Bible?

World War 3: How worried should you be? | Nuclear War Coming

"The war in Ukraine is about much more than Ukraine. Putin is more likely to use nukes than accept defeat in Ukraine, but he is currently losing thanks to NATO help. The danger of nuclear war and World War 3 is serious."

That was just with Russia but a nuclear war is brewing with China too over Taiwan:

A Fight Over Taiwan Could Go Nuclear | Foreign Affairs

What most people don't know is that Israel is on the verge of war with Iran via Iranian proxies surrounding Israel. I'm arguing that this event sets off WW3 but not immediately.

Israel Is Simulating a War with Iran - 19FortyFive
Israeli military exercise to simulate attack on Iranian nuclear targets - Breaking Defense

Why do I bring up Israel?

It looks like Isaiah 17 is near. If Israel nukes Syria then that opens the door to WW3. That's because if a Russian ally (Syria) gets nuked then Russia can nuke back, according to the Russian nuclear doctrine.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,988.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God's perspective. What man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? What matters is what will really happen.

GOD's people MUST be prepared for that SECOND HALF of the last week that will fulfill in this current decade. But there is the FIRST HALF, of course, which will be with persecutions-Revelation 13:v.5-as soon as the dragon- the MAN Beast of the earth like a lamb(a false lamb) Revelation 13: v.11 - gives to the Gentile Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne (in JERUSALEM), and Great Authority -Revelation 13:v.2-(sea means peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues -Revelation 17:v.15), and SIMULTANEOUSLY the COURT which is WITHOUT the temple is given unto the Gentiles, and the holy city-JERUSALEM-shall they tread under foot forty and two months-Revelation 11:v.2.

There will not be ANY MILITARY invasion in Israel, but a RELIGIOUS AND SATANIC invasion, and the holy city-JERUSALEM-the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified, it shall they tread under foot forty and two months-Revelation 11:v.2- this is the first half of the last week, week 70th, Daniel 9:v.27. Similarity between passing by the Red Sea and by the Red Dragon

Get ready brothers, get ready

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I believe The about
For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast. —Jeremiah 50:6

Bella, the verse posted with Jeremiah 50:6 is actually Jeremiah 50:3

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Your thinking is from a human perspective, not from God's perspective. What man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? What matters is what will really happen.

GOD's people MUST be prepared for that SECOND HALF of the last week that will fulfill in this current decade. But there is the FIRST HALF, of course, which will be with persecutions-Revelation 13:v.5-as soon as the dragon- the MAN Beast of the earth like a lamb(a false lamb) Revelation 13: v.11 - gives to the Gentile Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne (in JERUSALEM), and Great Authority -Revelation 13:v.2-(sea means peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues -Revelation 17:v.15), and SIMULTANEOUSLY the COURT which is WITHOUT the temple is given unto the Gentiles, and the holy city-JERUSALEM-shall they tread under foot forty and two months-Revelation 11:v.2.

There will not be ANY MILITARY invasion in Israel, but a RELIGIOUS AND SATANIC invasion, and the holy city-JERUSALEM-the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified, it shall they tread under foot forty and two months-Revelation 11:v.2- this is the first half of the last week, week 70th, Daniel 9:v.27. Similarity between passing by the Red Sea and by the Red Dragon

Get ready brothers, get ready

I'm interpreting Scripture about the end times. I don't think I'd call it man's perspective vs. God's perspective since Scripture was given to us by God to know about the end times, which is the purpose of Revelation and the Olivet Discourse as well as prophecies of Daniel and other OT prophecies and other NT prophecies related to the end. My view comes from 15 months of studying Revelation and reading many books starting with Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology, to a book on 4 views of Revelation that had a chapter on each of the viewpoints of a Historicist, Preterist, Futurist, and Idealist, and then we have been using Steve Greggs "4 views of Revelation" that is a parallel study of Revelation where each of the 4 views interpret Revelation verse by verse. I'm also basing it on a seminary class on Revelation I'm taking, and use of my BIble Knowledge commentary, and of course Scripture using the NASB, NET, KJV, NLT, NIV, Amplified translations as well as using the Hebrew-Greek NASB word study bible and occasionally consulting the Interlinear Greek bible. I am also using the book "Basic Bible Interpretation" by Dr. Roy B. Zuck. In addition, I am reading two more books "Three Views of the Millenium and Beyond" and "3 views of the Rapture". Thus I am using a lot of sources by different Bible scholars as well as Scripture using multiple translations, Commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, Concordances, Maps, and other resources I have through Dallas Theological Seminary where I'm in a Masters program.

(1) I'll address the reasons why Isreal will be attacked militarily in a subsequent post, but I'm curious to know when you think the rapture of the church will occur? You seem to think the church will face all of tribulation, including the second half, which sounds like a post-tribulational rapture, which will be the first I've heard of such among Futurists. Most think Jesus will return and rapture the church before tribulation begins, or mid trib, or pre-wrath. I don't know anyone who is a Futursit and holds a post-trib rapture view. (2) Are you saying the rapture won't occur until the 7 years of tribulation are over, or do I misunderstand your point? (3) Also, what is your basis for the idea that Israel will not be attacked? Most Futurists believe the attack on Israel is what the Bible tells us. (4) And finally, in light of what you wrote, what do you mean by "Get ready Brothers?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If WW3 happened now and wiped out over a billion people, do you think that might be in the Bible?

World War 3: How worried should you be? | Nuclear War Coming

"The war in Ukraine is about much more than Ukraine. Putin is more likely to use nukes than accept defeat in Ukraine, but he is currently losing thanks to NATO help. The danger of nuclear war and World War 3 is serious."

That was just with Russia but a nuclear war is brewing with China too over Taiwan:

A Fight Over Taiwan Could Go Nuclear | Foreign Affairs

What most people don't know is that Israel is on the verge of war with Iran via Iranian proxies surrounding Israel. I'm arguing that this event sets off WW3 but not immediately.

Israel Is Simulating a War with Iran - 19FortyFive
Israeli military exercise to simulate attack on Iranian nuclear targets - Breaking Defense

Why do I bring up Israel?

It looks like Isaiah 17 is near. If Israel nukes Syria then that opens the door to WW3. That's because if a Russian ally (Syria) gets nuked then Russia can nuke back, according to the Russian nuclear doctrine.

I think I agree with all that. Are you saying that you see some truth in Hal Lindsey's nuclear weapons as a possible fulfillment of prophecy, such as the heat of one of the bowl judgements being a result of a nuclear bomb's fireball?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

350015_0f282d4b538245f7d5ab333c90dad940.jpeg

Please respect the thread tag that the original poster (OP) has chosen for their thread. Ignoring a thread tag may result in your post being reported and potentially actioned by staff.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Mormons, Muslims, Evangelicals and other Christians all are suggesting the end is near. I was looking at what the Muslims thought and they claim this acceleration in major earthquakes, with roughly the same number occurring in shorter and shorter periods of time - same number from 1200 AD to 1900 AD or something like that, then same number from 1900 to 2000, and same number from 2000 to 2022 AD, all in their view point to the end of time. If I recall right, Mormons keep 3.5 years of food stockpiled. So its not like only certain Evangelicals think the end is near, its the same belief across a broad spectrum of religions today. They can't all be wrong.

Lord, I want out of here before any nuclear weapons are fired. I know far too much about them. Take me home in the first blast wave so I never know what hit me.

• Prayers
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
When all this started, we said we couldn't ship major weapons or we would risk all out war with Russia. Now NATO is sending modern artillery, and have shipped fighter jets, helicopters, tanks, and hundreds of thousands of 155mm ammo. Now we are spending $20B of who knows what next to Ukraine, and that doesn't include the shipments from 20 other US allies to Ukraine. And Russia keeps saying NATO isn't taking their threat of nuclear war seriously. And we are about to add Sweden and Finland which will double the border between Russia and NATO?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Am I alone in seeing a high probability of a pending nuclear war with Russia starting it because Putin is performing badly with convential forces and has invested heavily in modernizing their nuclear weapons and delivery systems while the US has been asleep at the wheels and has made virtually no progress in building up a credible nuclear deterrent. Plutonium has a shelf life of 50-70 years, and most of our warheads are about that old, so in Putin's mind if he can't claim some victory, which looks increasingly likely, he will be backed in a corner with no other option. It will start small with a 7 kiloton (7 x 2000 bombs to 100 Megaton weapons capable of destroying large US states and many European countries th one single warhead detonation. Go to nukemap.com and see for yourself projected deaths for various yields and height of burst can do.''
We are not prepared like Russia and other countries who are speeding up new nuclear weapon programs while we sit here with a Minuteman III designed and built decades ago (70 years I think)

Upvote 0