AS4JC91

Aug 10, 2009
Sydney Australia
✟8,698.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just finished watching Kevin Rudd's speech. Very emotional and this whole thing has been very messy.

Julia Gillard will replace him to be the first female Prime Minister in Australia.

You got to admit, he was stabbed in the back and hung out to dry by the ALP.

Wow, politics is dirty.

Post links and discuss *CIVILLY*

Reactions: newtaste

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It is a sad day I think.. not the way it should happen at all.. I felt very sad for Mr Rudd and his family... Though I watched Julia speak in her first discussion time for a bit.. she was very well spoken and came across better I thought then the opposition leader.. I don't know what she stands for personally.. that is the clincher for me..

It is interesting reading comments posted on face book.. I wish Mr Rudd had of fought to stay.. that was a bit sad... and also that the majority of his own party voted him out.. I think he led well and our family is better off for his leadership.. I guess the coming polls will prove wether this was a wise decision for our country and its people..

Reactions: newtaste
Upvote 0

newtaste

Not so new...
Site Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
Sydney
✟27,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The past few weeks Gillard publicly supported Rudd. She said she would not challenge him for the leadership and was loyal to him. Then via a story in the SMH on Wednesday morning Gillard found out that behind her back, that Rudd's chief-of-staff was asking caucus members if they would support Rudd if Gillard challenged. Rudd plainly didn't trust Gillard's loyalty and he betrayed her. That's one of main reasons why she challenged.

She trusted him - but that trust was not reciprocated.

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rudd didnt trust Gillards loyalty?
You kidding, she had a big knife in her hand with blood on it. Rudd didnt see it coming but everybody else could. Loyal? She knew about the coup months ago
The sad part is that all Rudds crazy policy's, Gillard backed up.
We have traded Tweedle dee for Tweedle dum and Tweedle dum is a backbench puppet

And I am not a liberal supporter so dont go off at me!

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Well, I won't miss KRudd myself. He was the biggest quiche-eater in Australian politics - he started off okay by issuing an apology to the stolen generation, but after that did little to nothing to rectify the situation. One year after his apology, I went to an Aboriginal rights march in Brisbane which featured several speakers and they were all disgruntled and disilluisioned as to how very little had changed in their lives.

Rudd lost all credibility with me after his damning comments about Bill Henson's work, likening it to kiddie inappropriate content when it is anything but that!

Anyway, I'm going to see how Ms Gillard will pan out as PM. Who knows, she might just do a good job of it. However, if she becomes a clone of Indira Gandhi and Maggie Thatcher then I will be very upset.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
My friend wrote this on face book.. I think it is very true and wise.. I so agree..

Today I'm grateful that I'm born in a country where if the leader is going to be overthrown they have a civilized ballot followed by a press conference, not a civil war!

Upvote 0