Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Dec 11, 2002
MD
✟8,118.00
Faith
Protestant
I hate world changes/everyone dies endings. Beast Machines had a lame ending like that where Optimus Primal died and took Megatron with him and used some sort of "rebirth of the world" machine to bring all of the "dead" robots back to life. Lame ending.

The Final Fantasy music composer(Nobuo Uematsu) actually does the music for Ah! My Goddess the Movie. Some of the music is Final Fantasy-ish.

The dub of Ah! My Goddess the Movie is excellent IMO. David Lucas does the voice of one of the characters in it and most of the other voices are great too. The translation of the dub is great too. Most of the dialog is about the same as the original and the dialog that was changed was changed for the better.

Tech TV posted their schedule at their site. Silent Mobius is their next show and it's showing in a week or two. Dual is going to be showing in April and Armatige III: Polymatrix is showing in May. After that, they will be showing repeats of their earlier shows. I'm excited about this because I missed part of Crest of the Stars.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You know, Yuffie IS one of the possible dates at FFVII , but it's extremely hard. It shows you in that gamefaqs link I gave you how to do it. You gotto be negative to almost everything Aeris and Tifa tells you, and completely positive to Yuffie. And continually positive to Yuffie ? Isn't that a challenge?

a very difficult challenge pace!!

Crest of the Stars

how do you like Crest of the Stars, Brian? i like the animation and the plot and all, but it really does seems a bit slow with all the talking, :) though the actions are more than enough of a compensate at the end.

has anyone seen "Legend of Twilight Bracelet"? it looks very interesting, though i've only seen one episode.

Upvote 0

Brian

Dec 11, 2002
MD
✟8,118.00
Faith
Protestant
I love what I have seen of Crest of the Stars, but the dub could have been a bit better. The dub isn't bad though and the anime is higly entertaining despite this.

I haven't seen .hack//Legend of Twilight Bracelet, though I have seen a few episodes of .hack//SIGN on Cartoon Network. Too bad they had to repeat it after only 3-4 episodes.

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Actuallly I think I understood, for the first time in my life, much more what romantism was about when playing FF7. I think that tell something about how such a great series it is(imo) :) Maybe better how girls feel it. Although I think boys might be equally romantic. FF shows it in a way often unfamiliar to us. The music helped though I think. Like that Interupted by Fireworks(played during your date with ....... in Golden Saucer) song which I'm learning on piano now( I need the practice too, it's easy&beautiful) Oooohhhhhhhh Aeris!!!! WHYY?!?! :cry: :D :sorry:

Actually it would have been funny to learn that Junon March piece and play it right after Interupted by Fireworks :D

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, you like Crest of the Star? cool. i wouldn't describe it as "highly entertaining", but it's good... better than average anime.

Actuallly I think I understood, for the first time in my life, much more what romantism was about when playing FF7. I think that tell something about how such a great series it is(imo) Maybe better how girls feel it. Although I think boys might be equally romantic. FF shows it in a way often unfamiliar to us. The music helped though I think. Like that Interupted by Fireworks(played during your date with ....... in Golden Saucer) song which I'm learning on piano now( I need the practice too, it's easy&beautiful) Oooohhhhhhhh Aeris!!!! WHYY?!?!

uh? i like Aeris!!!

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Today at 05:56 AM Blessed-one said this in Post #647

uh? i like Aeris!!!

No, nooooo :D The Grief, The overwhelming sense of LOSSSSssss, THE PAIN THE PAIN, CAN'T TAKE IT..... :cry:

Spoiler Warning....warning.......warning....warning even!

(Ok you have been warned already, why are you still looking?!)

The why = "Why did you have to die " :p

OF COURSE I liked her :D

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey Nils, if it's anything for you, you might want to try this. I honestly don't know if it works or this is just another net legend, 'cause I didn't try it, but, for all it's worth. . .

http://www.ffaddiction.unitedff.com/ff7index.shtml and go to "Resurrecting Aeris." (I disclaim anything else on the site, and if it's offensive, remove the link at once, this was just where I saw the most plausible idea)

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Note to everyone:

I will soon be posting an "Anime FAQ" in one of the forums. As I'm not the best in this (I know more about the console RPG side of this and will deal mostly with that part of the FAQ) I'm looking for anyone who wants to spend time working on a list of the most frequently asked questions.

After reading a few recent threads, I've sort of seen the need for this.

Anyway, if you're interested at all in encouraging understanding, you're not flamish toward anyone, and you know what you're talking about, PM me and we will begin the preliminary planning discussion for the FAQ (what questions need to be answered, what format, what forum, and more)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Today at 10:23 AM Susan said this in Post #649

Hey Nils, if it's anything for you, you might want to try this. I honestly don't know if it works or this is just another net legend, 'cause I didn't try it, but, for all it's worth. . .

http://www.ffaddiction.unitedff.com/ff7index.shtml and go to "Resurrecting Aeris." (I disclaim anything else on the site, and if it's offensive, remove the link at once, this was just where I saw the most plausible idea)

- FF7 Spoiler -

I've seen that stuff, thanks, but it doesn't interest me though. I love the story for what it is. Bringing her back doesn't make sense to the story, and to the sacrifice she made either. Actually I'm a bit critical to all that bringing her back stuff, but I find it touching that people actually do create that stuff, or play it :)

Upvote 0

Brian

Dec 11, 2002
MD
✟8,118.00
Faith
Protestant
Pace, do you watch anime? Is FF7 the only RPG you have played? FF7 is not the only game in the Final Fantasy series and FF7 is very overrated IMO. There are better games(including FFIV and FFVI) that don't rely on pre-rendered backgrounds for the dungeons(though I do like 7, 8, and 9). The FF series aren't the only good RPGs out there either. There are tons of great RPGs out there like Tactics Ogre, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior 3, and Skies of Arcadia that excel in gameplay and are definatly better than the trio of PSX FF(7, 8, and 9) games.

I was looking at the Best Buy site today and they rated the first Slayers movie NC-17 and it's more of a PG-13 IMO. Nagha may dress bad, but there is no real nudity in it.

We got a new computer today. It's much faster than the older one and it can play DVDs. Now I can watch anime DVDs on the PC.

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Today at 02:44 AM Brian said this in Post #652

Pace, do you watch anime? Is FF7 the only RPG you have played? FF7 is not the only game in the Final Fantasy series and FF7 is very overrated IMO. There are better games(including FFIV and FFVI) that don't rely on pre-rendered backgrounds for the dungeons(though I do like 7, 8, and 9). The FF series aren't the only good RPGs out there either. There are tons of great RPGs out there like Tactics Ogre, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Warrior 3, and Skies of Arcadia that excel in gameplay and are definatly better than the trio of PSX FF(7, 8, and 9) games.

I was looking at the Best Buy site today and they rated the first Slayers movie NC-17 and it's more of a PG-13 IMO. Nagha may dress bad, but there is no real nudity in it.

We got a new computer today. It's much faster than the older one and it can play DVDs. Now I can watch anime DVDs on the PC.

Well thanks. I just have a PC though. So lot's of anime I can't play. But I'm into FF IV and VI right now actually, I play it when I get time, so I'll see :) But as many other people, I'm pretty full booked. Or should be :rolleyes: (EdiT: No, I haven't watched any anime, except Akira and Spirited Away, both wonderful of course)

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Today at 02:48 AM JacqueB said this in Post #653

I couldn't play FF7... I tried and it didn't work! GrRr! I'm in the middle of 8 and I love it; and I beat 9 a few weeks ago... that was my first attempt at RPG... and I LOVED it!

You've got Windows XP ? FF7 doesn't work there. You need a patch. It has been made by fans, and it's free! :)

http://www.sofotex.com/download/software/5052.html

Hehe, I sent them a thank you letter after I found that patch, because I couldn't get my FF7 to work for my computer for a while. I was like: YES!!! I LOOOOVE YOU!!! And I get a automatic reply back, " We thank you that you enjoyed blah blah blah " I guess they get a lot of those letters :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, Nils, you want an avatar (an image to go under your name)? I have a few FFVII ones in my files, so I will e-mail them to you (all you have to do is right-click on the images in the e-mail and save) and then go to the user control panel and choose to upload it from your hard drive (use browse there to find it)

Upvote 0

pace

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
✟16,495.00
Faith
Agnostic
Today at 12:01 PM Susan said this in Post #656

Hey, Nils, you want an avatar (an image to go under your name)? I have a few FFVII ones in my files, so I will e-mail them to you (all you have to do is right-click on the images in the e-mail and save) and then go to the user control panel and choose to upload it from your hard drive (use browse there to find it)

Thanks. I've considered it, among others. But I'm a bit too Phenomenon-Ontological(Martin Heidegger) for that, so I would want a more P.O. one. I haven't found much really interesing yet, so rather have none for now. Well, actually I haven't searched that much yet :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.