masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
In order to meet the requirements of the law, our faith must grasp the righteousness of Christ, accepting it as our righteousness. Through union with Christ, through acceptance of His righteousness by faith, we may be qualified to work the works of God, to be colaborers with Christ. If you are willing to drift along with the current of evil, and do not cooperate with the heavenly agencies in restraining transgression in your family, and in the church, in order that everlasting righteousness may be brought in, you do not have faith. Faith works by love and purifies the soul. Through faith the Holy Spirit works in the heart to create holiness therein; but this cannot be done unless the human agent will work with Christ. We can be fitted for heaven only through the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart; for we must have Christ’s righteousness as our credentials if we would find access to the Father. In order that we may have the righteousness of Christ, we need daily to be transformed by the influence of the Spirit, to be a partaker of the divine nature. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to elevate the taste, to sanctify the heart, to ennoble the whole man. { 1SM 374.1}

Righteousness by faith has not been accepted by God's church even to this day. If it was accepted Jesus would have come by now. This doctrine is the most important doctrine there is. It involves the very definition of what it means to be perfect, sanctified, and justified. When we accept Christs righteousness as our own it means we are living His perfection. This is the very principle that was rejected in 1888 when two young men AT Jones and EJ Wagoner stood against the "pillars" of the Seventh day Adventist church just to be shunned, mocked and flat out made fun of. The church today is no closer then they were back then. Very few even know what it means to be perfect, justified, or sanctified. Most of those who teach righteousness by faith are either disfellowshiped, or not allowed to preach in the church. I can name all the popular teachers who actually do teach it. I am not saying that being popular has anything to do with who we listen to, quite contrary is the fact that most bible characters were very lowly, and unpopular. Look at the disciples. Jesus would not go to the proud pharisees to promote the gospel because He knew they knew all they want to know, just like the pharisees of today. Jesus uses lowly folks who are eager to learn the new truths from the old book that the Holy Spirit reveals to them to share. To many this doctrine of righteousness by faith is new mostly because it is not being yelled from the rooftops for the simple fact that it is much more pleasing to the carnal nature to teach that we will never stop sinning this side of heaven, which allows for excuses for sinning. Nowhere in the bible nor the SOP are we told that we cannot stop sinning, nor are we told that we will always sin. The bible is full of action, action that leads to victory over all sin in our lives if we have the faith, which is meant by "righteousness by faith". We must have the faith that knows that we are living His righteousness.

Reactions: Soyeong

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I would like to share a very obvious biblical contradiction which many are not even aware of. Many want to use this verse that Paul wrote in Romans:3:10: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" to prove to people that nobody can be righteous, not just declared righteous (Justified) but be righteous (sanctified). What Paul writes is mostly about justification, which means to make be declared righteous. We are justified freely when we do what Peter tells us to DO in Acts:2:38: "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." and in Acts:3:19: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;". Contrary to what MOST of Christendom believe and teach, that we have nothing to do to "inherit" eternal life, what Peter wrote here says quite the opposite. The new testament, which many professors of Christianity will only use for their guide to salvation, is full of action. Words like repent, be baptized, be converted, blot out your sins. . . These four acts are HUGE! It would be a huge blessing for everyone to define all these terms. What does it mean to repent? Does this act precede baptism, or did Peter put this in random order?

The study of salvation should be the life of all churches. This is by far the most important study for Christians and MOST have it wrong. Even Seventh day Adventists.

Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." is the most important context in the whole bible, and most skim over it and leave it to their pastor to interpret to them. We should study this out as if our lives depended on it, and our spiritual life does depend on our correct understanding of this doctrine. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you search God's word for answers; What is grace, how do we get it, what is it for, what does it do for us? the answer to these questions can be found in the bible.

Most Christians do not even know what Paul wrote about grace in Romans:1:5: "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:". Do you know why grace was given??? Do you believe that grace was given FOR OBEDIENCE? Do you know how that works? If we study this out, like every Christian should do, in fact it should be our life study to make certain that we know what this means, it is a matter of spiritual life and spiritual death. Most, yea the majority which Jesus talks about when He states that many shall follow the broad road and few will enter the straight gate. That is the difference between the majority and the minority. Most Christians will say I am saved by grace I don't have to obey. I have been in every mainstream denomination in my quest for truth, and many of them, whole denominations teach that obedience is not necessary for salvation. I would not want to be in their shoes on judgment day, yet I always reach out to everyone struggling to find Jesus.

Grace was given for obedience, how does that work? When we look to the place where God displayed His grace, at the cross, we find what Paul wrote about 1Corinthians:1:18: "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." The cross, which is the very defining moment where God shewed mankind His grace, gives us the power to overcome every sin in our life. Just like we have the power of God's grace to believe that all our sins are forgiven when we confess our sins, we also must by faith grasp the power of God's grace, when we are tempted, to give us victory over that temptation. The cross is everything to us as
Christians. When we are tempted and we look to the cross quite often that temptation vanishes from our thoughts and sometimes we must kneel before the cross in the battle against spiritual wickedness in high places before we can overcome.

I will break it down a little further before I show the rest of the contradiction to Romans 3:10. Let's look at the difference between justified (declared righteous) and sanctified (be righteous.) When we break down Romans 7 we might be surprised, because most Christians believe that the man whom Paul is referring to is a converted Christian as he struggles with Romans:7:19: "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." BUT when we follow along with the thread of this teaching we read in Romans:7:14: "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin." I ask this; can a carnal person, sold under sin be converted at the same time? The man of Romans 7 is an example of what every Christian goes through. The struggles might be different but nonetheless the principle is the same. We all struggle with the flesh at the beginning of our walk. It is not until toward the end of the chapter when this man cries out Romans:7:24: "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" Here is where he realizes his need. The battle against the flesh is coming to an end and then as he is converted he states, Romans:7:25: "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Here is where in fact his conversion takes place and this man is JUSTIFIED, declared righteous. This is just the beginning of the Christian experience because Paul does not end this journey at the end of chapter seven, but in Romans:8:1: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." this man begins his "walk" of sanctification. At the moment this man cries out to Jesus for forgiveness and accepts him as his Lord and Savior he is perfect, justified and sanctified, and sinless all past tense. The reason I can be certain of this is because as we read on in verse 8:5-8: "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." This is a very simple study which can be broken down in such a way that is a blessing to all. Most people I share this with come to me and tell me it felt like a huge load was lifted off their shoulders.

Romans 8:1 is proof that the "modern" translations are in fact deleting the doctrine of sanctification. Romans 8:1 is the proof text that begins the "walk" of sanctification. half of it is deleted from the "modern" translations.

Now for the verses that contradict Romans 3:10 which states that there is none righteous. Many already know this but when the Lord first showed me these verses, which I use to read over and over without putting them together, I was so excited that His word is so easy if we pray and ask Him to reveal it to us. Read along in 1John:3:7: "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." This verse is telling me that if we do "righteousness" we are "righteous". so if there are none righteous, then what does this verse mean? It also states that there will be much deception on this issue.
Or how about this one; 1Corinthians:6:9-10: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." If we are NOT righteous we will NOT inherit the kingdom of God. Many figure it out when I get to this point, but here is another verse from Isaiah:64:6: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." There is no self righteousness that will acknowledge. Also Paul writes: BE NOT DECEIVED. When we read a statement like that you can be certain there will be much deception on this point. Satan wants you to have 99% of the truth, but the most important 1% is this doctrine of salvation.

Upvote 0

cannot be known

Aug 25, 2016
westernwashington
✟7,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think some would argue that if righteousness is by faith, then Righteousness isn't by your free will to follow God, therefore you don't have to stop sinning. the same would say that you can't stop sinning, and they will argue that God did in fact ask men to do impossible things.. such as "Go and sin no more" or "do not lust"

also many don't really understand what the word righteousness means, and to be honest i'm not sure everyone in the bible that used that word (as its translated in english) is referring to it in the same context... and, you may think you know what it means but you're referring to something different.

Noah, Daniel and Job were three examples of righteous men in the ot. not by man's standards, but declared so in Ezekiel 14.

and so instead of asking, was Abraham actually righteous?", but rather instead the jews and Paul argued about what was his righteousness justified by. well what does that matter? if one man is in right standing with God, and another isn't, even though both committed the same deeds, what is that to you?

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I think some would argue that if righteousness is by faith, then Righteousness isn't by your free will to follow God, therefore you don't have to stop sinning. the same would say that you can't stop sinning, and they will argue that God did in fact ask men to do impossible things.. such as "Go and sin no more" or "do not lust"

I spent an hour responding to this comment, but went to post it and the dreaded "error" message came up and lost the whole message, and I sit here trying to recall how it was worded, but to no avail. Hopefully it will come back to me. I try not to write comments unless I am certain the Lord is impressing me to.

All in all I do agree with the principles you are sharing here.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I spent an hour responding to this comment, but went to post it and the dreaded "error" message came up and lost the whole message,
I hate it when that happens .....

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup, then you know SOMEONE didn't want you to post it! Now comes the question of who...... If it was full of enlightening, question answering truth that someone would really benefit from, we already know. It was spell-check and Google! Lol. Good post masmpg !

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In order to meet the requirements of the law, our faith must grasp the righteousness of Christ, accepting it as our righteousness.
You make this sound hard to accomplish,
is it hard for YHWH to accomplish ?
Righteousness by faith has not been accepted by God's church even to this day. If it was accepted Jesus would have come by now.
There's nothing in YHWH'S WORD that says this, is there ?
(I've both seen and heard believers who lived righteously by faith, as YHWH says to, blameless in HIS SIGHT. )

I think YHWH said "When the last one designated to be executed (martyred) has been killed, I (YHWH) will immediately execute swift JUSTICE; didn't HE ?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I would like to share a very obvious biblical contradiction which many are not even aware of. Many want to use this verse that Paul wrote in Romans:3:10: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" to prove to people that nobody can be righteous, not just declared righteous (Justified) but be righteous (sanctified).

That section of Romans 3 is about the sinful nature -- it says "no one seeks after God" --

But in John 12:32 we have "I will draw all mankind unto Me" -- that supernatural drawing of God - is sooooo powerful that even by Calvinist standards of total depravity -- it "enables" all the action that the sinful nature has disabled when it comes to accepting salvation.

And as a born again saint - that is where the Romans 2:4-16 business of sanctification comes in -- for example "it is not the hearers of the LAW that are just before God but the DOERS of the LAW will be JUSTIFIED... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge" Rom 2:13-16. So much so that Paul can conclude with Romans 3:31 "do we then make void the LAW by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW".

Then in Romans 8:4-9 Paul argues that it is only the lost - those not born-again - that "Do not and indeed CAN not submit to the Law of God"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Righteousness by faith has not been accepted by God's church even to this day. If it was accepted Jesus would have come by now.

A great many saints have died since 1840 and even Ellen White mentions a few names that will be in heaven. It is not at all established that those saints could have been saved without righteousness by faith. As I am sure you would agree. So "accepted by God's church" is a phrase you are using that might need to be defined in more detail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
well that is certainly something i don't do very often.

sometimes though, i just shake my head and wonder who can be saved..

I was just going through my books and came across this little book called "Few there be the find it". Haven't read it yet but just skimming it the author brings out some very important, but seemingly harsh points of scripture, ones we much rather not pay attention to. Far too many will not rock the boat and that is a huge reason why the church is in the condition it is in.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yup, then you know SOMEONE didn't want you to post it! Now comes the question of who...... If it was full of enlightening, question answering truth that someone would really benefit from, we already know. It was spell-check and Google! Lol. Good post masmpg !

I was in agreement with cannot be known. It was definitely an uplifting comment. I know satan is at work so that the good news does not get out. God's children have a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
A great many saints have died since 1840 and even Ellen White mentions a few names that will be in heaven. It is not at all established that those saints could have been saved without righteousness by faith. As I am sure you would agree. So "accepted by God's church" is a phrase you are using that might need to be defined in more detail.

I am certainly not referring to those who are on the wrong end of the GC NAD split. Those who are living up to all the light the Lord has shined on their path personally will be receiving the latter rain, and those will be God's church that will be bringing in the great multitude once the church is cleansed.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That section of Romans 3 is about the sinful nature -- it says "no one seeks after God" --

But in John 12:32 we have "I will draw all mankind unto Me" -- that supernatural drawing of God - is sooooo powerful that even by Calvinist standards of total depravity -- it "enables" all the action that the sinful nature has disabled when it comes to accepting salvation.

And as a born again saint - that is where the Romans 2:4-16 business of sanctification comes in -- for example "it is not the hearers of the LAW that are just before God but the DOERS of the LAW will be JUSTIFIED... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge" Rom 2:13-16. So much so that Paul can conclude with Romans 3:31 "do we then make void the LAW by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW".

Then in Romans 8:4-9 Paul argues that it is only the lost - those not born-again - that "Do not and indeed CAN not submit to the Law of God"

I agree Bob. I have tried every mainstream denomination in my quest for truth, after being raised catholic. The Lord finally brought me to the SDA denomination and convicted me that this is God's church for our time.

While attending some of these other denominations I have come across and still deal with people who believe that the man of Romans 7 is a converted Christian "carnal and sold under sin." In fact there are even Seventh day Adventists who believe that. Many of whom, after we share it, Romans 7&8 in context, they light up like a Christmas tree with joy. This is such a simple study but far too many pulpits leave it off, and even teach Romans 7 the wrong way. This shows me how much they, the pastors actually study.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

also many don't really understand what the word righteousness means, and to be honest i'm not sure everyone in the bible that used that word (as its translated in english) is referring to it in the same context... and, you may think you know what it means but you're referring to something different.

Noah, Daniel and Job were three examples of righteous men in the ot. not by man's standards, but declared so in Ezekiel 14.

and so instead of asking, was Abraham actually righteous?", but rather instead the jews and Paul argued about what was his righteousness justified by. well what does that matter? if one man is in right standing with God, and another isn't, even though both committed the same deeds, what is that to you?

I agree with the principles you are promoting here. I have studied with many people who think that just because they are "saved by grace" that they can sin and it is not considered a sin because they are "saved by grace". They tell me that obedience has nothing to do with salvation, and I try to show them from the bible where we are told to do, or not do in order to inherit the kingdom of God. They believe that the righteousness of Christ covers all sin in our lives just because we say a few words, IE the "sinners prayer". BUT the righteousness of Christ will only cover confessed sins, like 1 John 1:9 IF we confess He will forgive. We read in Romans:3:24&25: "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" We are justified for the sins that are past, not present and future, which so many actually believe. Our past sins must be forgiven before Jesus robe will cover them. Here is the bible verse that mentions righteousness by faith, Galatians:5:5: "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Noah and Job were also declared perfect in Genesis:6:9: "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God." and in Job:1:1: "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." There are many places in the book of Job where he was declared perfect.

Whether someone is righteous or not is between them and God, but Jesus did say of the teachers of His time in
Matthew:7:13: "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." This context is so pertinent today. Too many who profess the Name of Christ are following the popular teachings which are, quite often far from God's word. Jesus said that few (the minority) will enter into the straight gate.

There are very few doctrines that are important. This doctrine of salvation is the most important issue for ALL Christians, and that is why I will continue to press this issue. Ephesians 2:8-10 is the most important context in the whole bible,and many rely on some denominational interpretation and leave off studying it for themselves. Satan wants mankind to have 99% of the truth, but this doctrine of salvation is the 1% that has most Christians duped, to the loss of their soul. Jesus said, 8 times in the book of revelation, "to him that overcometh..." What are we to overcome? If we do not overcome we will not inherit the blessing of eternal life.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
You make this sound hard to accomplish,
is it hard for YHWH to accomplish ?

There's nothing in YHWH'S WORD that says this, is there ?
(I've both seen and heard believers who lived righteously by faith, as YHWH says to, blameless in HIS SIGHT. )

I think YHWH said "When the last one designated to be executed (martyred) has been killed, I (YHWH) will immediately execute swift JUSTICE; didn't HE ?

The statement I made was referring to the swiftness of he gospel message being preached in all the world. Matthew 24:14 tells us when Jesus will come. Matthew:24:14: "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." What I was referring to is that when this doctrine of righteousness by faith is accepted by God's people then the latter rain of the Holy Spirit spoken of by Joel will cause the gospel message to be preached rapidly, just like the former rain of the Holy Spirit when the disciples received the power on pentecost.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Here is a very important bible truth that those who say we will never stop sinning, which is the anti righteousness by faith message, completely overlook. As I was doing my devotion the other day the Lord revealed this awesome truth. I wasn't even studying about this.

We read in 1Timothy:1:9: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers," What many believe and teach is that we will never stop sinning and that the law has nothing to do with their lives after they "accept Jesus as their Saviour". What this verse is saying is that the law was given for SINNERS. If we will never stop sinning we will always be under the law and not under grace. The law has nothing to do with the righteous person because they are not sinning, and they believe that IF they do ever sin again that Jesus will forgive all our unrighteousness IF we ask. I will take this a step further by saying that only those who are breaking a law are "under that law".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes and Amein in Y'SHUA HaMashiach , it has.
Righteousness by faith has not been accepted by God's church even to this day.
----------------------------------------------
No. There's another/ other/ ... ... ...
If it was accepted Jesus would have come by now.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In order to meet the requirements of the law, our faith must grasp the righteousness of Christ, accepting it as our righteousness. Through union with Christ, through acceptance of His righteousness by faith, we may be qualified to work the works of God, to be colaborers with Christ. If you are willing to drift along with the current of evil, and do not cooperate with the heavenly agencies in restraining transgression in your family, and in the church, in order that everlasting righteousness may be brought in, you do not have faith. Faith works by love and purifies the soul. Through faith the Holy Spirit works in the heart to create holiness therein; but this cannot be done unless the human agent will work with Christ. We can be fitted for heaven only through the work of the Holy Spirit upon the heart; for we must have Christ’s righteousness as our credentials if we would find access to the Father. In order that we may have the righteousness of Christ, we need daily to be transformed by the influence of the Spirit, to be a partaker of the divine nature. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to elevate the taste, to sanctify the heart, to ennoble the whole man. { 1SM 374.1}

Righteousness by faith has not been accepted by God's church even to this day. If it was accepted Jesus would have come by now. This doctrine is the most important doctrine there is. It involves the very definition of what it means to be perfect, sanctified, and justified. When we accept Christs righteousness as our own it means we are living His perfection. This is the very principle that was rejected in 1888 when two young men AT Jones and EJ Wagoner stood against the "pillars" of the Seventh day Adventist church just to be shunned, mocked and flat out made fun of. The church today is no closer then they were back then. Very few even know what it means to be perfect, justified, or sanctified. Most of those who teach righteousness by faith are either disfellowshiped, or not allowed to preach in the church. I can name all the popular teachers who actually do teach it. I am not saying that being popular has anything to do with who we listen to, quite contrary is the fact that most bible characters were very lowly, and unpopular. Look at the disciples. Jesus would not go to the proud pharisees to promote the gospel because He knew they knew all they want to know, just like the pharisees of today. Jesus uses lowly folks who are eager to learn the new truths from the old book that the Holy Spirit reveals to them to share. To many this doctrine of righteousness by faith is new mostly because it is not being yelled from the rooftops for the simple fact that it is much more pleasing to the carnal nature to teach that we will never stop sinning this side of heaven, which allows for excuses for sinning. Nowhere in the bible nor the SOP are we told that we cannot stop sinning, nor are we told that we will always sin. The bible is full of action, action that leads to victory over all sin in our lives if we have the faith, which is meant by "righteousness by faith". We must have the faith that knows that we are living His righteousness.

According to Ephesians 2:8-10, we are saved by grace through faith, not be doing good works, but for the purpose of doing good works by grace through faith. The purpose of being given God's righteousness is for us to reflect in our lives through doing what is righteous by grace through faith, thereby we are being made to be like Christ in obeying God's law by grace through faith and meet its righteous requirement. Our sanctification is about being made to stop sinning or to stop transgressing the law like Christ, which is a process that won't be completed until he who began a good work in us is faithful to complete it on the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).

I would like to share a very obvious biblical contradiction which many are not even aware of. Many want to use this verse that Paul wrote in Romans:3:10: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" to prove to people that nobody can be righteous, not just declared righteous (Justified) but be righteous (sanctified). What Paul writes is mostly about justification, which means to make be declared righteous. We are justified freely when we do what Peter tells us to DO in Acts:2:38: "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." and in Acts:3:19: "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;". Contrary to what MOST of Christendom believe and teach, that we have nothing to do to "inherit" eternal life, what Peter wrote here says quite the opposite. The new testament, which many professors of Christianity will only use for their guide to salvation, is full of action. Words like repent, be baptized, be converted, blot out your sins. . . These four acts are HUGE! It would be a huge blessing for everyone to define all these terms. What does it mean to repent? Does this act precede baptism, or did Peter put this in random order?

The study of salvation should be the life of all churches. This is by far the most important study for Christians and MOST have it wrong. Even Seventh day Adventists.

Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." is the most important context in the whole bible, and most skim over it and leave it to their pastor to interpret to them. We should study this out as if our lives depended on it, and our spiritual life does depend on our correct understanding of this doctrine. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you search God's word for answers; What is grace, how do we get it, what is it for, what does it do for us? the answer to these questions can be found in the bible.

Most Christians do not even know what Paul wrote about grace in Romans:1:5: "By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:". Do you know why grace was given??? Do you believe that grace was given FOR OBEDIENCE? Do you know how that works? If we study this out, like every Christian should do, in fact it should be our life study to make certain that we know what this means, it is a matter of spiritual life and spiritual death. Most, yea the majority which Jesus talks about when He states that many shall follow the broad road and few will enter the straight gate. That is the difference between the majority and the minority. Most Christians will say I am saved by grace I don't have to obey. I have been in every mainstream denomination in my quest for truth, and many of them, whole denominations teach that obedience is not necessary for salvation. I would not want to be in their shoes on judgment day, yet I always reach out to everyone struggling to find Jesus.

Grace was given for obedience, how does that work? When we look to the place where God displayed His grace, at the cross, we find what Paul wrote about 1Corinthians:1:18: "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." The cross, which is the very defining moment where God shewed mankind His grace, gives us the power to overcome every sin in our life. Just like we have the power of God's grace to believe that all our sins are forgiven when we confess our sins, we also must by faith grasp the power of God's grace, when we are tempted, to give us victory over that temptation. The cross is everything to us as
Christians. When we are tempted and we look to the cross quite often that temptation vanishes from our thoughts and sometimes we must kneel before the cross in the battle against spiritual wickedness in high places before we can overcome.

I will break it down a little further before I show the rest of the contradiction to Romans 3:10. Let's look at the difference between justified (declared righteous) and sanctified (be righteous.) When we break down Romans 7 we might be surprised, because most Christians believe that the man whom Paul is referring to is a converted Christian as he struggles with Romans:7:19: "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." BUT when we follow along with the thread of this teaching we read in Romans:7:14: "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin." I ask this; can a carnal person, sold under sin be converted at the same time? The man of Romans 7 is an example of what every Christian goes through. The struggles might be different but nonetheless the principle is the same. We all struggle with the flesh at the beginning of our walk. It is not until toward the end of the chapter when this man cries out Romans:7:24: "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" Here is where he realizes his need. The battle against the flesh is coming to an end and then as he is converted he states, Romans:7:25: "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Here is where in fact his conversion takes place and this man is JUSTIFIED, declared righteous. This is just the beginning of the Christian experience because Paul does not end this journey at the end of chapter seven, but in Romans:8:1: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." this man begins his "walk" of sanctification. At the moment this man cries out to Jesus for forgiveness and accepts him as his Lord and Savior he is perfect, justified and sanctified, and sinless all past tense. The reason I can be certain of this is because as we read on in verse 8:5-8: "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." This is a very simple study which can be broken down in such a way that is a blessing to all. Most people I share this with come to me and tell me it felt like a huge load was lifted off their shoulders.

Romans 8:1 is proof that the "modern" translations are in fact deleting the doctrine of sanctification. Romans 8:1 is the proof text that begins the "walk" of sanctification. half of it is deleted from the "modern" translations.

Now for the verses that contradict Romans 3:10 which states that there is none righteous. Many already know this but when the Lord first showed me these verses, which I use to read over and over without putting them together, I was so excited that His word is so easy if we pray and ask Him to reveal it to us. Read along in 1John:3:7: "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." This verse is telling me that if we do "righteousness" we are "righteous". so if there are none righteous, then what does this verse mean? It also states that there will be much deception on this issue.

Isaiah:64:6: "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away." There is no self righteousness that will acknowledge. Also Paul writes: BE NOT DECEIVED. When we read a statement like that you can be certain there will be much deception on this point. Satan wants you to have 99% of the truth, but the most important 1% is this doctrine of salvation.

In Romans 3:10, it is quoting from the Psalms where it is talking about people who rejected God's law. There are a number of people who are described as righteous, such as Noah (Genesis 6:9) and Zechariah and his wife (Luke 1:6), so it is wrong to interpret Romans 3:10 as saying there is no follower of God who is righteous. Those who do what is righteous and not righteous because of their action but because of their faith that leads them to do what is righteous.

In Isaiah 64 the people thought that they were doing righteous actions, but that God was not noticing them, so verse 6 was a complaint about how they perceived God that God was viewing their actions, not God stating His view. The truth is that the righteous deeds of the saints are not like filthy rags, but are like fine white linen (Revelation 19:8).

The Mosaic law was given to reveal what sin is and without it we wouldn't even know what sin is (Romans 7:7), so when Jesus was telling people to repent from their sins he was telling them to turn from their disobedience to the Mosaic law back to obedience. According to Titus 2:11-14, our salvation involves God's grace training us to do what God has revealed to be godly, righteous, and good and training us to renounce doing what God has revealed to be ungodly and sin, which is essentially what the Mosaic law instructs us how to do (Romans 7:12).

Last edited:
Upvote 0