Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree with the whole plan, but the two most controversial points could put you, your parents, your loved ones, and your friends in the poorhouse.

Fire 25% of federal employees.

Make Congress reauthorize (or not reauthorize) programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the ACA, every 5 years. A Republican Congress could drive elders and the disabled into the grave and many others into medical bankruptcy. Would they really end these programs? They would probably be shrewd enough to just deliver wounds to them every five years until they breathed their last.

Make everyone pay at least $1 in "income" taxes (never mind that even those who have the earned income credit--which would disappear--pay federal gas taxes, excise taxes, Social Security taxes, along with state sales taxes, property taxes, etc.

The plan has a big picture of Scott wearing a baseball cap and looking like a "regular" guy--not the corporate mogul whose company practiced Medicare and Medicaid fraud and was criminally charged and fined in the 1990's.
Rick Scott's 11 Point Plan to Rescue America
Yes--he calls it a "rescue" plan but it sure sounds more like euthanasia to me.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I agree with it to an extent, but 5 years is too short a time. One of the Founding Fathers was a proponent of reassessing areas of the Constitution every 18 years or something along those lines, basically so that the current generation shouldn't necessarily be ruled by the laws of the previous generation, and I think that's an interesting idea. But if they're okay with things as vital as social security and access to healthcare, then the Second Amendment should be on the list too.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree with the whole plan, but the two most controversial points could put you, your parents, your loved ones, and your friends in the poorhouse.

Fire 25% of federal employees.

Make Congress reauthorize (or not reauthorize) programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the ACA, every 5 years. A Republican Congress could drive elders and the disabled into the grave and many others into medical bankruptcy. Would they really end these programs? They would probably be shrewd enough to just deliver wounds to them every five years until they breathed their last.

Make everyone pay at least $1 in "income" taxes (never mind that even those who have the earned income credit--which would disappear--pay federal gas taxes, excise taxes, Social Security taxes, along with state sales taxes, property taxes, etc.

The plan has a big picture of Scott wearing a baseball cap and looking like a "regular" guy--not the corporate mogul whose company practiced Medicare and Medicaid fraud and was criminally charged and fined in the 1990's.
Rick Scott's 11 Point Plan to Rescue America
Yes--he calls it a "rescue" plan but it sure sounds more like euthanasia to me.

With a plan like this, how is anybody else going to have the opportunity to defraud Medicare the way he did? Talk about pulling up the ladder behind you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I specially like:

Our kids will say the pledge of allegiance, salute the Flag, learn that America is a great country, and choose the school that best fits them.

Government will never again ask American citizens to disclose their race, ethnicity, or skin color on any government form.

The soft-on-crime days of coddling criminal behavior will end. We will re-fund and respect the police because, they, not the criminals, are the good guys.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL! HisLegacy, how in the world will kids be able to "choose the school that best fits them" when government stops funding the schools?

Will only the wealthy be able to attend school? And what about children with disabilities? Will the government fund "the school that best fits them" or will their education be a casualty? (When I was on a mission in Guatemala we visited a "voluntary" program to provide a minimal amount of education for disabled children--once a week--and one of the children entertained me by showing me how he learned to beg. Begging is the survival skill they learn at home in place of education.)

What kind of education will the poor get? Their schools are underfunded as it is.

And what happens to higher education when 5 years pass and a Republican Congress ends student loans and Pell grants? How do the colleges survive without students?

How many people lose their jobs? (Maybe I can remember those begging lessons the student gave me and give some workshops, but who will they beg from?)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL! HisLegacy, how in the world will kids be able to "choose the school that best fits them" when government stops funding the schools?

It is called the voucher system

Will only the wealthy be able to attend school?

No - that is absurd.

And what about children with disabilities? Will the government fund "the school that best fits them" or will their education be a casualty? (When I was on a mission in Guatemala we visited a "voluntary" program to provide a minimal amount of education for disabled children--once a week--and one of the children entertained me by showing me how he learned to beg. Begging is the survival skill they learn at home in place of education.)

This isn't Guatemala. And children with disabilities would benefit by being able to go to a school that best meets their needs without bankrupting their families,

Created in 2011, Arizona’s voucher program is exclusively for students with disabilities. The Empowerment Scholarship Account allows parents to take their child out of a public school and get a portion of the money used by the school. They can then use that money how they want — for private school, tutoring, or future college costs.

Arizona also has three different tax credit programs. Parents apply through the state after their child is already admitted and enrolled in a private school. One, called Lexie’s Law, provides tax-credits to special education and foster care students that allow them to attend a private or public school of their choice.
Furthermore, both individuals and corporations can receive tax credits if they contribute to private school scholarship funds.​

What kind of education will the poor get? Their schools are underfunded as it is.

The first voucher program, created in 1991 in Milwaukee, WI, was designed to give low-income families more high-quality school options. Roughly 300 students were served in the first year. Today, 12 states and the District of Colombia have voucher systems serving more than just low-income families. They are Arizona, Colorado, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Ohio, Oklahoma, Utah, Vermont, and Wisconsin. A number of those and other states have tax credit programs that partially subsidize private schooling.​

And what happens to higher education when 5 years pass and a Republican Congress ends student loans and Pell grants? How do the colleges survive without students?

Dogwhistle - the only ones talking about ending student loans are the Democrats who, upon forgiving the debt will drive those loan companies out of business. Who is going to give a laon if they stand a good chance of never having it repaid?​

How many people lose their jobs? (Maybe I can remember those begging lessons the student gave me and give some workshops, but who will they beg from?)

I don't respond to over dramatics like above.

The left hates the idea of giving parents the freedom of choice as to where their children get educated.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
It is called the voucher system
The left hates the idea of giving parents the freedom of choice as to where their children get educated.

Um... would the vouchers be enough to cover any private school? Because that's the only way to get full freedom of choice. That would require an absurd amount of funding from the federal government.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um... would the vouchers be enough to cover any private school? Because that's the only way to get full freedom of choice. That would require an absurd amount of funding from the federal government.

It is already being done successfully

Example? Link?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I specially like the anti racist stand he is taking:

• We will stop dividing people by race, skin color, ethnicity, or country of origin, which is an immoral and corrosive habit of the woke crowd.
  • We will be a nation where people will be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.
  • Ban the Box. Government will not ask American citizens to disclose their race, ethnicity, or skin color on any government form.
  • No government policy can be based on race or ethnicity.
  • Our military will engage in ZERO diversity training, teachings on critical race theory, or any woke ideological indoctrination that divides our troops. Our fighting force must be completely united and completely colorblind.
  • Military leadership that prioritizes racial politics over the security of our country must be relieved of their duties.
  • Colleges and universities that favor or discriminate against students based on race or ethnicity in the application process will be ineligible for federal funding and will lose their tax-exempt status.
  • Government will base hiring decisions on qualifications, not quotas of any kind.
  • America will strive to provide equal opportunity for everyone but will not guarantee equal outcomes.
  • We simply do not care* what color anyone’s skin is. That’s the colorblind future America deserves
* edited out cuss word that is in his direct quote from the website.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To a very, very limited degree. When you're talking about giving full access to all schoolkids, that's going to cost an enormous amount of money.

no more so than what is already being spent. Unless you have a study saying otherwise.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
no more so than what is already being spent. Unless you have a study saying otherwise.

I don't need a study, I'm just thinking about all the parents who would jump at a chance to send their kids to pricier schools if given the vouchers.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Make Congress reauthorize (or not reauthorize) programs like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the ACA, every 5 years.

Lol, that's the tip of the iceberg, right there.

OLRC Home

In 5 years time, you could lose all federal legislation related to
crime
food and drugs
armed forces
national guard

and that's just for starters. According to this site
List of United States federal legislation - Wikipedia.

the US currently has 30 000 laws. So congress and the senate would need to re authorise 16 a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for 5 years. Assuming an 8 hour work day that's 1 every 30 minutes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I liked the building the wall, and naming it after Trump. The Donald Trump Border Wall. Excellent.
And then when his legislative supporters defund the country we can add a sign, "All hope abandon ye who enter here."

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I specially like:

Our kids will say the pledge of allegiance, salute the Flag

Nothing says free speech like legally compelled displays of empty patriotism.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
no more so than what is already being spent.
The best schools in my area cost 3-4x the amount spent on an average public school pupil. If we're pretending every parent will be able to send their kids to those more expensive schools, the math simply doesn't support the rhetoric.

It begs the question of what the real policy will be, since we know the GOP won't want to spend more on education.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And then when his legislative supporters defund the country we can add a sign, "All hope abandon ye who enter here."

Nahh, once you guys have built the wall, the rest of us will chip in to build the lid.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nahh, once you guys have built the wall, the rest of us will chip in to build the lid.

US? I thought you lived on an Island thousands of miles out into the ocean?

Upvote 0