United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Revealing Times said:
Here's the only TRUTH I NEED....You are on ignore. I don't need to see these nonsensical posts all day long every day.
Wise choice.............
I almost wanted to report his response to you, but it wasn't addressed to me.......
Revealing Times said:

Here's the only TRUTH I NEED....You are on ignore. I don't need to see these nonsensical posts all day long every day.

I know, it's difficult to cope with the inability to support your false teachings. If you had any courage, you'd stay in the kitchen, but if my challenges are too hot for you, maybe it's best you get out.

In my opinion, you are one of the most eschatologically misled people on the forum, but be of good cheer, you're in second place, the Preterist are by far in first place!

Terms of Service and Christian Forum Rules | Christian Forums

Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
  • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.
Harassment
  • Be considerate and do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
  • Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did you even read the Page Dougg? I doubt it, you're not doing the right thing. I know, and every other bible student who's not in denial knows, that 'PAS' has a limited meaning to ALL. Do I have to quote the more than dozen verses again that clearly prove it?
I have never disagreed that "all" has to be considered in the context.

Which the context in Revelation 13, "all" is for the entire population of planet earth.

You are trying to make your Muslim scenario fit, but it doesn't fit.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Wise choice.............
I almost wanted to report his response to you, but it wasn't addressed to me.......
I have never reported anyone, it's better to just place them on ignore if they add no value to a discussion.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,471.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"All" is clear in this case to mean everyone on planet earth.

That's what I've been trying to tell him, but then he pulled out a bunch of Greek or something and changed the meaning of the word "all" to mean "only those within the beast kingdom located in the middle east sonewhere"

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You just refuse to get it. You're not budging because it debunks your global one world religion and the mark. The word 'ge' "a region," also debunks globalism.

1093. ge ghay contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application):--country, earth(-ly), ground, land, world.

You obviously are in denial. Any good student of God's Word who has ever researched the meaning of all, esp. the word 'pas' knows it has a limited meaning.
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know ALL things. Only God knows ALL things.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of ALL things,

He taught them ALL things pertaining to HIM. 3 John 1:12

Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.
All men did not know Demetrius and he didn't know all men!

Matthew 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
Not everyone was sick so Jesus didn't heal the multitudes but only the sick!
Matthew 21:10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this? Do you think that the entire city was moved and said, 'Who is this?'

Daniel 2:39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. Regardless of who you believe this kingdom was, no empire at any time in history has ever ruled over ALL the earth. There are dozens of examples in the New and Old Testament.
(Rev.13:8) The verse doesn't say that everyone will worship the beast, but only those whose names have not been written in the book of life.

And all the countries came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the world. (Genesis 41:57)

The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart. (1 Kings 10:24)

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar August, that all the world should be taxed. (Luke 2:1)

So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!" (John 12:19)

All nations did not go to Egypt to buy grain, neither did all nations seek an audience with Solomon, neither was the whole planet taxed by the Romans, neither did the whole world follow Jesus while he was on Earth!

What this shows is that the Bible often speaks of the whole world or the whole Earth, but it really means just a large geographical area of no certain size, and usually refers to nations that exist in the Mediterranean world.

There are other examples in the Bible where 'world' doesn't mean the whole planet, even when it appears to. In Daniel 2 King Nebuchadnezzar is said to rule the whole world: "You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; in your hands he has placed mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds of the air. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all."

"All nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his land comes; then many nations and great kings will subjugate him" (Jeremiah 27:7). If "all nations" were subject to Babylon, where did the invading armies come from that conquered Babylon?

Charles H. Spurgeon said, "... 'The whole world is gone after him.' Did all the world go after Christ? 'Then went all Judea, and were baptized of him in Jordan.' Was all Judea, or all Jerusalem baptized in Jordan? 'Ye are of God, little children', and 'the whole world lieth in the wicked one.' Does 'the whole world' there mean everybody? If so, how was it, then, that there were some who were 'of God?' The words 'world' and 'all' are used in some seven or eight senses in Scripture; and it is very rarely that 'all' means all persons, taken individually. The words are generally used to signify that Christ has redeemed some of all sorts—some Jews, some Gentiles, some rich, some poor, and has not restricted his redemption to either Jew or Gentile."
I did not say anything about one world religion or globalism.

In the context of Revelation 13:16, "all" means everyone over the entire earth. Whether they are great or small, rich or poor.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

In the very next sentence it confirms that "all" in Revelation 13:16 means everyone over the entire earth. "no man" means no human being.

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Are you going to tell me that "no man" means "no muslim"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In the context of Revelation 13:16, "all" means everyone over the entire earth. Whether they are great or small, rich or poor.

Paul wrote of Christians that were alive and remaining at the second coming. Did those Christians take the mark?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul wrote of Christians that were alive and remaining at the second coming. Did those Christians take the mark?
Well, you are referring to 1Thessalonians4:15-18 the rapture verses, which the rapture will be before the mark of the beast requirement.

Nonetheless, there will be Christians in the world at that time, for the last 42 months, until Jesus returns.

Those Christians will be pressured to take the mark of the beast's name, or the beast's name, or the number of the beast's name in order to buy and sell. But they will not comply and refuse.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you are referring to 1Thessalonians4:15-18 the rapture verses, which the rapture will be before the mark of the beast requirement.

No, the rapture is when Christ returns so they either took the mark or refused it.

Those Christians will be pressured to take the mark of the beast's name, or the beast's name, or the number of the beast's name in order to buy and sell. But they will not comply and refuse.

How about the 144k, do they take the mark or do you think they are killed?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, the rapture is when Christ returns so they either took the mark or refused it.
Who is "they" ? Christians during that time? If that is what you mean, then no they don't take the mark nor worship the beast. As Christians have their name written in the book of life of the Lamb.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

How about the 144k, do they take the mark or do you think they are killed?
No, they don't take the mark. Whether they are martyred because of it, is difficult to say. Although many on the earth will be during time, Revelation 14:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe you'll never get it. I keep telling you that this mark is imposed upon all those within of a region, "GE"! IF the word "HOLOS" was used instead of "PAS" and IF the word KOSMOS was used instead of "GE" then that would have meant the entire planet.

The correct understanding of those two words even debunk people like Jimmy DeYoung, John Ankerberg, Renald Showers, Ed Hindson, and a host of others who have likely misled you.
This really isn't that difficult to understand.
In Revelation 13:16 KJV, highlight the word where you are finding "ge" in the greek for that word.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What does it say about the two horned beast in relation to the ten horned beast?

And G2532 all PAS - G3956 that dwell G2730 upon G1909 the earth - GE/region G1093

And he exerciseth all - PAS - the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

The religious beast who imposes the mark has power over the same kingdom as the 10 horned beast.
No, not that verse. Revelation 13:16, that verse. "ge" in not in verse 16. "All" means everyone on planet earth. It is not just a regional requirement.

Upvote 0