East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is for opinion based and would like if you would give reasons why you support the idea. After reading some posts the past few weeks it seems that some people feel that the book of Revelation has already passed and is not to come in the future. I do not want to call individuals out that make these claims, but I am interested in others thoughts on the matter. Has the book of Revelation already been completed and fulfilled? And if so could you please explain, or if you think we are in a certain chapter of Revelation at this time, could you explain where and why. Thanks and God Bless !!

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes. It is a branch of end time theology called Preterism. Everything wrapped up in 70 ad.

I cannot explain it as it makes no sense to me at all.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The lost haven't been cast into the Lake of Fire yet. Death hasn't been done away with yet. The New Jerusalem hasn't come down to us yet. We aren't living on a new Earth yet.

I would consider any of those points as a lack of completion.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is for opinion based and would like if you would give reasons why you support the idea. After reading some posts the past few weeks it seems that some people feel that the book of Revelation has already passed and is not to come in the future. I do not want to call individuals out that make these claims, but I am interested in others thoughts on the matter. Has the book of Revelation already been completed and fulfilled? And if so could you please explain, or if you think we are in a certain chapter of Revelation at this time, could you explain where and why. Thanks and God Bless !!
AMBASSADOR HAT

AmbassadorSOP_zpspcfn1xps.jpg

Please take a look at the Statement of Purpose.

This should be moved to a different forum, as Christian Advice is designed for people to ask questions for Biblical advice about a particular situation or problem. This may be a good fit for the Eschatology forum or General Theology.

To move the thread, either report your own post asking for the thread to be moved, or contact a moderator. Please let me know if you want help. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AMBASSADOR HAT

AmbassadorSOP_zpspcfn1xps.jpg

Please take a look at the Statement of Purpose.

This should be moved to a different forum, as Christian Advice is designed for people to ask questions for Biblical advice about a particular situation or problem. This may be a good fit for the Eschatology forum or General Theology.

To move the thread, either report your own post asking for the thread to be moved, or contact a moderator. Please let me know if you want help. Thanks!
My apologies, it can be moved if it would get greater response or deleted if need be. Thank you

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My apologies, it can be moved if it would get greater response or deleted if need be. Thank you
No problem at all. I've put threads in the wrong forum before as well :) I can request the move if you'd prefer that. Do you have a preference for the forum I request?

We just try to keep this forum focused on helping people who are in need at the moment. It is an important forum for many who need advice.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No problem at all. I've put threads in the wrong forum before as well :) I can request the move if you'd prefer that. Do you have a preference for the forum I request?

We just try to keep this forum focused on helping people who are in need at the moment. It is an important forum for many who need advice.
I understand, i trust wherever you think it would get a greater diverse of opinion please. Again, thank you.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before this gets moved, there are many opinions on the topic. For several years I was influenced by the teaching of Irvin Baxter. He believes that many of the seals of Revelations were opened during the 20th century. This was buttressed by the other facts of Israel becoming a nation in 1948 and Jerusalem coming under the control of Israel in 1967. There is no doubt in my mind that we have been moving rapidly towards the end time scenario, but what has already been fulfilled will be better understood when it is over. But the words of Jesus stand: watch and be ready.

Speaking of moving this thread, this forum is way too complicated. I would love to see the staff create a flow chart page with notes stating what each line is for to help us navigate and to know which division is best for our topics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before this gets moved, there are many opinions on the topic. For several years I was influenced by the teaching of Irvin Baxter. He believes that many of the seals of Revelations were opened during the 20th century. This was buttressed by the other facts of Israel becoming a nation in 1948 and Jerusalem coming under the control of Israel in 1967. There is no doubt in my mind that we have been moving rapidly towards the end time scenario, but what has already been fulfilled will be better understood when it is over. But the words of Jesus stand: watch and be ready.
Yeah thats kinda why I wanted it here, to allow MANY different responses and thoughts. But I agree with you AlexDTX......

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah thats kinda why I wanted it here, to allow MANY different responses and thoughts. But I agree with you AlexDTX......
That was fast. I added an edit to my post but you had already read it!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think Christian Advice will get less opinions than General Theology honestly. General Theology gets a wide range of thoughts and beliefs.

It is confusing sometimes. It is a good idea to read the Statement of Purpose before posting. That said, I'm sure we all mix it up at times.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

It freaks me out. The theory it's all over.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was fast. I added an edit to my post but you had already read it!
haha quick to the draw my friend.....as i am interested in peoples opinion

The diversity of peoples thoughts and feelings greatly interest me and I am always amazed at their reasoning. I guess you can say I am a curious george.....

Plus these things help me in my own personal ministry and help me to be open to others. I always welcome wisdom, knowledge and understanding. No need for me to waste my life learning a hard lesson, if I can speed up the process, count me in Im game. I feel we dont have alot of time for HIS word to get out there and be heard. Whether we all agree or disagree. The way I see it is at least those that read or reply etc. Cannot ever say they was not told the truth. We speak it and then we are suppose to go in our closet and consult the Lord for greater understanding, and to search the scriptures to match the word He has given us. Blessings my friend !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi Solomon's Porch, in case you didn't know about it, we also have a Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum for future reference.

Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Christian Advice will get less opinions than General Theology honestly. General Theology gets a wide range of thoughts and beliefs.

It is confusing sometimes. It is a good idea to read the Statement of Purpose before posting. That said, I'm sure we all mix it up at times.
I think you are right, could you move it please......Thank You

Upvote 0