Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not really sure how to translate the greek word #5474. The word "thyatira" has to do with altar/fragrance I believe.

18: And to the messenger of-the in Thyatira Out-Called, write! Now-this is saying the Son of-the God, the one-having the eyes of Him as flame of-fire, and the feet of Him like calkolibanw

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:18 kai tw aggelw thV en quateiroiV ekklhsiaV grayon! tade legei o uioV tou qeou o ecwn touV ofqalmouV autou wV floga puroV kai oi podeV autou omoioi calkolibanw

calkolibanw <5474>

5474. chalkolibanon khal-kol-ib'-an-on neuter of a compound of 5475 and 3030 (in the implied mean of whiteness or brilliancy); burnished copper, an alloy of copper (or gold) and silver having a brilliant lustre:--fine brass.
5475. chalkos khal-kos' perhaps from 5465 through the idea of hollowing out as a vessel (this metal being chiefly used for that purpose); copper (the substance, or some implement or coin made of it):--brass, money.
3030. libanos lib'-an-os of foreign origin (3828); the incense-tree, i.e. (by implication) incense itself:--frankincense.

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/Revelation/rev46.htm

The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches............
Thyatira means "sweet perfume of sacrifice" and when you study this word it speaks of a perfume that sends forth its fragrance as the result of bruising, crushing, or breaking.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
19 I have seen of thee the works and the love and the faith and the service and the endurance/patience of thee, and the works of thee, [and] the last more of the first

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:19 oida sou ta erga kai thn agaphn kai thn pistin kai thn diakonian kai thn upomonhn sou kai ta erga sou ta escata pleiona twn prwtwn

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A few variances in the Tex-Rec compared to other 2.

20 But I am having against of thee [few]. That thou suffer the woman Jezebel, the one saying herself Prophetess, and she is teaching and she is deceiving the My bond-servants to prostitue and to be eating idol-sacrifices.

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:20 all ecw kata sou oti afeiV thn gunaika sou iezabel h legei eauthn profhtin kai didaskei kai plana touV emouV doulouV inappropriate contenteusai kai fagein eidwloquta

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Major variation in Tex-Rec compared to W-H and Byz-Maj text.

21 And I give to her time that she should be repenting and not she is willing to repent out of the prostitution of her.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:21 kai edwka auth cronon ina metanohsh kai ou qelei metanohsai ek thV inappropriate contenteiaV authV

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm
3 Greek texts can be seen here

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
22 Behold! I am casting her into couch/bed and the ones adultering with her into tribulation, great, if ever no they shall be reforming out of the works of her.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:22 idou ballw authn eiV klinhn kai touV moiceuontaV met authV eiV qliyin megalhn ean mh metanohswsin ek twn ergwn authV

2825. kline from 2827; a couch (for sleep, sickness, sitting or eating):--bed, table.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All 3 MSS agree word for word on this verse. :)

23 And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death, and shall be knowing all the Out-Calleds that I am the One searching kidneys/innards and hearts. And I shall be giving to Ye to each according to the works of Ye.

TexRec) Revelation 2:23 kai ta tekna authV apoktenw en qanatw kai gnwsontai pasai ai ekklhsiai oti egw eimi o ereunwn nefrouV kai kardiaV kai dwsw umin ekastw kata ta erga umwn

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
24 To-ye yet I am saying to the rest, to the in Thyatira, who-so not are having the teaching, this, who-any not they know the depths/deeps of the Satan as they are saying, not I am casting upon ye other heavy-burden.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:24 umin de legw toiV loipoiV toiV en quateiroiV osoi ouk ecousin thn didachn tauthn oitineV ouk egnwsan ta baqea tou satana wV legousin ou ballw ef umaV allo baroV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
25 Morely which ye are having hold-fast-ye! until which ever I should be arriving.

TexRec) Revelation 2:25 plhn o ecete krathsate acriV ou an hxw

http://www.scripture4all.org/
Tenses of words taken from interlinear

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
26 And the one-conquering and the one guarding/keeping until finish the works of Me I shall be giving to him authority upon the Nations.

TexRec) Revelation 2:26 kai o nikwn kai o thrwn acri telouV ta erga mou dwsw autw exousian epi twn eqnwn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.scripture4all.org/

27 And he shall be sherpherding them in rod iron as the vessels, the pottery is-being-together-crushed as also I have obtained beside the father of me.

TextRec) Revelation 2:27 kai poimanei autouV en rabdw sidhra wV ta skeuh ta keramika suntribetai wV kagw eilhfa para tou patroV mou

sidhra <4603> Used in Acts 12:10

suntribetai <4937> (5743) Used in Romans 16:20

4937. suntribo soon-tree'-bo from 4862 and the base of 5147; to crush completely, i.e. to shatter (literally or figuratively):--break (in pieces), broken to shivers (+ -hearted), bruise.
5147. tribos tree'-bos from tribo (to "rub"; akin to teiro, truo, and the base of 5131, 5134); a rut or worn track:--path.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
28 And I shall be giving to him the Star, the Morning.

TexRec) Revelation 2:28 kai dwsw autw ton astera ton prwinon

4407. proinos from 4404; pertaining to the dawn, i.e. matutinal:--morning

4404. proi adverb from 4253; at dawn; by implication, the day-break watch:--early (in the morning), (in the) morning.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
29 The one having ear let him hear! any/what the Spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds.

TextRec) Revelation 2:29 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV

Matthew 10:27 Which I am saying to ye in the darkness, speak ye! in the light. And which into the ear/ouV <3775> ye are hearing, proclaim-ye! on the housetops. [Luke 12:3]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is my Chapt 2 translation word-for-word using the greek texts that agree most. These are the first 4 assemblies.

Reve 2:1 To the Messenger of the in Ephesus Outcalled write! Now-this is saying the One-holding the seven stars in the right of Him, the One walking about in midst of the seven lampstands the golden. I am aware of the works of thee and the labour *of thee* and the endurance of thee and that not thou are able to bear evils and thou try the ones saying themselves apostles and not they are and found them false. And endurance thou are having and thou bear because of the Name of Me and not are wearied, but I am having against of thee, that the love of thee, the first, thou did leave. Be thou remembering then! which place thou have fallen and reform! and the first works do! If yet no, I-am-coming to thee swiftly and shall be moving the lampstand of thee out of the place of her if ever no thou should be reforming. But this thou are having, that thou are hating the works of the Nicolaitans which also I am hating. The one having ear let hear! what the spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. To the one conquering I shall be giving to him to be eating out of the wood of the life which in [*midst] of the paradise of the God.

And to the messenger of the in Smyrna Outcalled write! Now-this is saying the first and the last who became dead and lives. I am aware of thee the works and the tribulation and the poverty but rich thou are, and the blasphemy out of the ones saying Judeans to be themselves and not they are but a synagogue of the Satan. No then be thou fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering. Behold! is being about to be casting the Devil out ye into a prison that ye may be being tried and ye shall be having tribulation to-days, ten. Be thou becoming faithful! until death and I shall be giving to thee the crown of the life. The one having an ear let hear! what the spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. The one conquering not no may be being injured out of the death, the second

And to the Messenger of the in Pergamos Outcalled write! Now-this is saying the One having the sword the two mouthed the keen. I am aware of the works of thee and where thou are dwelling, the-where the throne of the Satan and thou are holding the Name of Me and not disown the faith of Me even in the days which Antipas the witness of Me the faithful who was killed beside ye the-where the Satan dwelling. But I am having against of thee a few. That thou are having there ones-holding the teaching of Balaam who taught to-the Balak to be casting a snare before the sons of Israel to be eating idol-sacrifices and to prostitute. Thus are having also thou ones holding the teaching of the Nicolaitans likewise. Repent then! If yet no, I am coming to thee swiftly and I shall be battling with them in the sword of the mouth of Me. The one having ear let hear! what the Spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. To the one conquering I shall be giving to him to be eating of the manna, of the having been hidden and I shall be giving to him counter, white and upon the counter a name, new having been written which no one is aware except the one obtaining.

And to the Messenger of the in Thyatira Outcalled write! Now-this is saying the Son of the God, the one having the eyes of Him as flame of fire and the feet of Him likeas burnish copper. I am aware of thee the works and the love and the faith and the service and the endurance of thee and the works of thee, the last more of the first. But I am having against of thee. That thou suffer the woman Jezebel, the one saying herself Prophetess and she is teaching and deceiving the My bond-servants to prostitue and to be eating idol-sacrifices. And I give to her time that she should be reforming and not she is willing to reform out of the prostitution of her. Behold! casting her into bed and the ones adultering with her into tribulation great, if ever no they shall be reforming out of the works of her.
And the offspring of her I shall be killing in death and shall be knowing all the Outcalleds that I AM the One searches reins and hearts and I shall be giving to ye to each according to the works of ye. To ye yet saying to the rests of those in Thyatira who-so not are having the teaching this who-any not they know the deeps of the Satan as they are saying, not I am casting on ye other burden. Morely which ye are having hold ye! until which ever I should be arriving. And the one conquering and the one keeping until finish the works of Me I shall be giving to him authority upon the Nations. And he shall be sherpherding them in rod iron as the vessels the pottery is being together-crushed as also-I have gotten beside the Father of me. And I shall be giving to him the Star the Morning. The one having ear let hear! what the spirit is saying to the Outcalleds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.