Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://christianforums.com/t7167075&page=2
Revelation Chapter 1 Verses

Start of Chapter 2 using the 3 main Greek MSS which can be seen here:

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

Reve 2:1 To the messenger of the in Ephesus Out-Called, write!: The-yet is saying the One-holding the seven stars in the right of Him, the One-about-treading in midst of the seven lampstands, the golden.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:1 tw aggelw thV en efesw ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o kratwn touV epta asteraV en th dexia autou o peripatwn en mesw twn epta lucniwn twn cruswn

Reactions: LLoJ

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
2 I have seen the works of thee, and the labour of thee, and the endurance of thee, and that not thou are able to bear evils, and thou test/try the ones-saying themselves apostles are and not they are, and thou found them falsifiers,

Minor variation in W-H MS.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:2 oida ta erga sou kai ton kopon sou kai thn upomonhn sou kai oti ou dunh bastasai kakouV kai epeirasaV touV legontaV eautouV apostolouV einai kai ouk eisin kai eureV autouV yeudeiV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3 and endurance thou are having and thou bear thru the name of Me and not thou art wearied.

W-H) Revelation 2:3 kai upomonhn eceiV kai ebastasaV dia to onoma mou kai ou kekopiakeV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3 and endurance thou are having and thou bear thru the name of Me and not thou art wearied.

Deviations in the T-R noted

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:3 kai upomonhn eceiV kai ebastasaV dia to onoma mou kai ouk *ekopiasaV

W-H) Revelation 2:3 kai upomonhn eceiV kai ebastasaV dia to onoma mou kai ou kekopiakeV

TexRec) Revelation 2:3 kai ebastasaV kai upomonhn eceiVkai dia to onoma mou *** ** kekopiakaV kai ou kekmhkaV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
4 "But having according/against of-thee that the love of thee, the first, thou hast left"

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:4 alla ecw kata sou oti thn agaphn sou thn prwthn afhkaV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
5 Be thou remembering then! , whence thou hast fallen and reform! and the first works do! If yet no, I-am-coming to thee swiftly and shall be moving the Lambstand of thee out of the Place of her if ever no thou should be reforming.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:5 mnhmoneue oun poqen peptwkaV kai metanohson kai ta prwta erga poihson ei de mh ercomai soi tacu kai kinhsw thn lucnian sou ek tou topou authV ean mh metanohshV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
6 But this thou are having. That thou are hating the works of the Nicolaitans, which I-also am hating.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:6 alla touto eceiV oti miseiV ta erga twn nikolaitwn a kagw misw

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
7 The one having ear, let him hear! what the spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. To the one conquering, I shall be giving to him to be eating out of the wood of the life which is in midst of the paradise of the GOD.

TexRec) Revelation 2:7 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV tw nikwnti dwsw autw fagein ek tou xulou thV zwhV o estin en mesw tou paradeisou tou qeou

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
8 And to the messenger the in Smyrna Out-Called, write! Now-this is saying the First and the Last, who became dead and lives

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:8 kai tw aggelw thV en smurnh ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o prwtoV kai o escatoV oV egeneto nekroV kai ezhsen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
9 I have seen of thee [the works and] the tribulation and the poverty, but rich thou-are. And the blasphemy out of the ones saying Judeans to be of-selves, and not they-are, but a synagogue of the Satan.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:9 oida sou ta erga kai thn qliyin kai thn ptwceian alla plousioV ei kai thn blasfhmian ek twn legontwn ioudaiouV einai eautouV kai ouk eisin alla sunagwgh tou satana

[ptwceian <4432> Used only in 2 Corin 8:2,9 according to Interlinear]

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
10 No-then be fearing! which-things thou are being about to be suffering. Behold! is being about to be casting, the Devil, out ye into a prison, that ye may be being tried, and ye shall be having tribulation to-days, ten. Be thou becoming! faithful until death, and I shall be giving to thee the crown of the life.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:10 mhden fobou a melleiV pascein idou dh mellei balein o diaboloV ex umwn eiV fulakhn ina peirasqhte kai exete qliyin hmerwn deka ginou pistoV acri qanatou kai dwsw soi ton stefanon thV zwhV

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
11 The one having ear, let hear! what the Spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. The one conquering not no may be being injured out of the death, the second.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:11 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV o nikwn ou mh adikhqh ek tou qanatou tou deuterou

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
12 And to the messenger of the in Pergamos Out-Called write! Now-this is saying the one-having the sword, the two-mouthed, the sharp/keen.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:12 kai tw aggelw thV en pergamw ekklhsiaV grayon tade legei o ecwn thn romfaian thn distomon thn oxeian

# 3691 oxeian Used 8 times in NT. Once outside of Revelation that in Romans 3:15

3691. oxus oz-oos' probably akin to the base of 188 ("acid"); keen; by analogy, rapid:--sharp, swift.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
13 I have seen the works of thee, and where thou are dwelling, the-where the throne of the Satan, and thou are holding the name of Me and not disown the faith of Me even in the days Antipas, the witness of Me, the faithful, who was killed beside ye where the Satan is dwelling.

small variances in the 3 MSS

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:13 oida ta erga sou kai pou katoikeiV opou o qronoV tou satana kai krateiV to onoma mou kai ouk hrnhsw thn pistin mou *** en taiV hmeraiV [en] aiV antipaV o martuV mou o pistoV oV apektanqh par umin opou o satanaV katoikei

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
14 But I am having against/according of thee a few-things. That thou are having there ones-holding the teaching of Balaam, who taught to-the Balak to be casting a snare before the sons of Israel, to be eating idol sacrifices and to prostitute.

TexRec) Revelation 2:14 all ecw kata sou oliga oti eceiV ekei kratountaV thn didachn balaam oV edidasken en tw balak balein skandalon enwpion twn uiwn israhl fagein eidwloquta kai inappropriate contenteusai

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Variance in Tex-Rec on end of verse:

15 Thusly are-having also/and thou ones-holding the teaching of-the Nicolaitans likewise [which I hating]

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn twn nikolaitwn omoiwV

W-H) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn *** nikolaitwn omoiwV

TexRec) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn twn nikolaitwn o misw

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Variance in Tex-Rec last word of verse:

15 Thusly are having also thou ones holding the teaching of the Nicolaitans likewise [which I hating]

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn twn nikolaitwn omoiwV

W-H) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn *** nikolaitwn omoiwV

TexRec) Revelation 2:15 outwV eceiV kai su kratountaV thn didachn twn nikolaitwn o misw

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
16 Reform then! If yet no, I am coming to thee swiftly and I shall be battling with them in the sword of My mouth.

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:16 metanohson oun ei de mh ercomai soi tacu kai polemhsw met autwn en th romfaia tou stomatoV mou

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The greek word used for "counter" in Revelation 2:7 is interesting as that form of it is also used in Reve 13:18.

17 The one-having ear let him hear! what the Spirit is saying to the Out-Calleds. To the one conquering I shall be giving to him of the manna, of the having been hidden, and I shall be giving to him counter, and on the counter a name, new, having been written which no one has seen if no/except the one-obtaining.

Greek texts taken from here

ByzMaj) Revelation 2:17 o ecwn ouV akousatw ti to pneuma legei taiV ekklhsiaiV tw nikwnti dwsw autw fagein [apo] tou manna tou kekrummenou kai dwsw autw yhfon leukhn kai epi thn yhfon onoma kainon gegrammenon o oudeiV oiden ei mh o lambanwn

Reve 13:18 Here the Wisdom is the one having Mind let him calculate/yhfisatw <5585> (5657) the number of the wild-beast, for of man it is, and the number of it six hundred sixty six.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.