Revelation Chapter 1 Verses

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
12 And I turn to be beholding the Voice who-any talked with me, and turning I saw seven lampstands, goldens.

At church we have lampstands and Jesus. Sounds like John is describing the Church where we celebrate the Eucharist. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At church we have lampstands and Jesus. Sounds like John is describing the Church where we celebrate the Eucharist. :)
That is great Jack!...AMEN!
Revelation Chapter 1 Verses
Stars

Reve 1:20
The mystery of the seven Stars which thou saw on the right [hand] of Me and the seven golden lamp-stands.
The seven Stars are being Messengers of the seven Assemblies.
And the seven lamp-stands are being seven assemblies.

Greek New Testament - Parallel Greek New Testament by John Hurt

Strong's Greek Lexicon Search Results
The word "eides" is left out of 2 of the texts. It appears to be a form of #1491 eidos
from #1492 eido? Doesn't appear to really affect the verse.

The Alex and H-W have "epta" together in one of the last sentence. It doesn't appear to affect the verse any. They all mention 7, which is mentioned 6 times in that verse.

Stephens 1550/Scrivener 1894
Textus Receptus
to musthrion twn epta asterwn wn* eideV epi thV dexiaV mou kai taV epta lucniaV taV crusaV oi epta astereV aggeloi twn epta ekklhsiwn eisin
kai ai epta lucniai as eides epta ekklhsiai eisin
Byzantine Majority
to musthrion twn epta asterwn wn* eideV epi thV dexiaV mou kai taV epta lucniaV taV crusaV oi epta astereV aggeloi twn epta ekklhsiwn eisi*
kai ai epta lucniai [as eides] epta ekklhsiai eisi*
Alexandrian
to musthrion twn epta asterwn ous eideV epi thV dexiaV mou kai taV epta lucniaV taV crusaV oi epta astereV aggeloi twn epta ekklhsiwn eisin
kai ai lucniai ai **** epta epta ekklhsiai eisin
Hort and Westcott
to musthrion twn epta asterwn ouV eideV epi thV dexiaV mou kai taV epta lucniaV taV crusaV oi epta astereV aggeloi twn epta ekklhsiwn eisin
kai ai lucniai ai ****epta epta ekklhsiai eisin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
CHAPTER 1
04/16/18
LLoJ)
Reve 1:1 An unveiling/uncovering of Jesus Christ, which gives to him, the God, to show to His bond-servants which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness.
And He signifies-it, commissioning thru the messenger of Him, to the bond-servant of Him, John.
Reve 1:2 Who doth bare witness the Word of the God
and the evidence/testimony of Jesus Christ, as much as he saw
Reve 1:3 Happy/blessed is the one reading, and the ones hearing the Word of the prophecy and keepings the in it having been written.
For the time is-nigh
Reve 1:4 John, to the seven Assemblies that are in the Asia:
Grace to ye and peace, from the One being and Who was and the One coming!
And from the seven Spirits that are in in view of His throne,
Reve:1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the Faithful Witness, the First-Born from *out of* the dead,
and the Ruler of the kings of the land.
To Him who is loving us, and washing/loosing/lousanti us from *out of* our sins in His blood,
Reve 1:6 And doth make us a kingdom of/kings *and* priests to the God and Father of Him,
to Him the glory and the might into the ages of the ages. Amen.
Reve 1:7 Behold! He is coming with the clouds,
and every eye shall be seeing Him, even those who did pierce Him.
And they shall be grieving/wailing over Him, all the tribes of the land. Yea, Amen
Reve 1:8 I AM being the Alpha and the Omega [beginning and end] is saying Lord [the God].
The One being, and the One was, and the One coming, the Almighty!
Reve 1:9 I John, the brother of ye, and together partner in the affliction and kingdom and endurance in Jesus [Christ]
I became in the island, the one being called Patmos,
because of the Word of the God and because of the testimony/witness of Jesus [Christ]
Reve 1:10 I became in Spirit on the Lord's-day,
and I hear behind of me as a sound/voice, great as trumpet
Reve 1:11 Saying "[I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last]
What thou dost see, write in a scroll and send it to the seven Assemblies [that are in Asia]"
into Ephesus and into Smyrna and into Pergamos and into Thyatira and into Sardis and into Philadelphia and into Laodicea.'
Reve:12 And I turned-around to be looking at the Voice which any spoke with me.
And upon turning, I saw seven golden lamp-stands/candlesticks
Reve 1:13 and in midst of seven lamp-stands/candlesticks, one like a son of man having been clothed reaching to the foot
and having been girded about toward the breasts a golden girdle
Reve 1:14 The yet His head and hairs as of white wool, as snow.
And His eyes as a flame of fire
Reve 1:15 and His feet like to lustreous/fine brass/copper as in a furnace, having been fired/refined.
And His voice as a sound of many waters,
Reve 1:16 and having in His right hand seven stars,
and out of His mouth a sharp two-edged/mouthed sword is proceeding/issuing forth,
and His countenance as the sun is appearing/shining in the power/might of Him.
Reve 1:17 And when I saw Him, I did fall at His feet as dead.
And He placed His right-hand upon me saying to me "no thou be fearing! I AM being the First and the Last,
Reve 1:18 and the living One.
And I became dead and behold! living I am being into the ages of the ages. [Amen]!
and I am having the keys of the *hades/death* and of the *death/hades*.
Reve 1:19 Write! [then/therefore] which things thou hast seen, and which things they are, and which things are being-about to be becoming after these.
Reve 1:20 The secret/mystery of the seven stars which thou hast seen on the right of Me, and the seven lamp-stands/candlesticks, the golden-ones:
The seven stars are messengers of the seven Assemblies,
and the seven lamp-stands/candlesticks that thou hast seen are seven Assemblies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him, and showed unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass, and signified it. Blessed are they who read and hear the words of this prophecy, and keep the things which are written.

The beginning of the book promises blessing to him that reads and hears and keeps, that he who takes pains about the reading may thence learn to do works, and may keep the precepts.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:4

Grace unto you, and peace, from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come.

He is, because He endures continually; He was, because with the Father He made all things, and has at this time taken a beginning from the Virgin; He is to come, because assuredly He will come to judgment.

And from the seven spirits which are before His throne.

We read of a sevenfold spirit in Isaiah, — namely, the spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, of knowledge and of piety, and the spirit of the fear of the Lord.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:5

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the first-begotten of the dead.

In taking upon Him manhood, He gave a testimony in the world, wherein also having suffered, He freed us by His blood from sin; and having vanquished hell, He was the first who rose from the dead, and death shall have no more dominion over Him, (Romans 6:9) but by His own reign the kingdom of the world is destroyed.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:6

And He made us a kingdom and priests unto God and His Father.

That is to say, a Church of all believers; as also the Apostle Peter says: A holy nation, a royal priesthood. (1 Peter 2:9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:7

Behold, He shall come with clouds, and every eye shall see Him

For He who at first came hidden in the manhood that He had undertaken, shall after a little while come to judgment manifest in majesty and glory.

Rev 1:12

And I turned, and saw seven golden candlesticks; and in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks one like the Son of man.

He says that He was like Him after His victory over death, when He had ascended into the heavens, after the union in His body of the power which He received from the Father with the spirit of His glory.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings and may I humbly request you give your thoughts on my translation version.
I want others to look at it and note any errors that might be in it. Thanks. :hug::)

My apologies LLoJ.

I was offering alternate interpretations and had not considered that you wished it to be around your interpretation only.

I am stopping now. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My apologies LLoJ.

I was offering alternate interpretations and had not considered that you wished it to be around your interpretation only.

I am stopping now. :)
No need to apologize dear friend.
This thread is opened for any comments and interpretation and/or translations.
Keep post, as I your posts.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Very interesting indeed LittleLambofJesus, nice work!

I have no critiques to make, I'm not a scholar and that is who you should having making them for you. I would like to say however that I wish you would do this for other passages then Revelation, like for the ones I am studying. ;)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Very interesting indeed LittleLambofJesus, nice work!

I have no critiques to make, I'm not a scholar and that is who you should having making them for you. I would like to say however that I wish you would do this for other passages then Revelation, like for the ones I am studying. ;)
Thank you for those kind words. Which ones are you studying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

Thekla

9 I John, the brother of ye and [*joint]-partaker in the affliction and kingdom and endurance in Jesus [*Christ], came to be in the island, the being called Patmos because of the word of the God and the testimony of Jesus [*Christ].
10 I became in Spirit in the Lord's day and I hear behind me a voice, great as a trumpet
I do like this translation very much !
Please forgive me for pulling out this one verse, but the highlighted portion especially struck me; it is much like Paul's speaking of sharing in the suffering of Christ.

Thanks, LLoJ, for doing this work and posting it; things that are a labor of love tend to shine, as does this :)

Upvote 0