• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Revelation Chapter 4 verse by verse

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by LittleLambofJesus, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    The word for "trumpet" is only found in Matthew of the Gospels and used twice all the other times it is used in the Epistles and Revelation.

Revelation 4:1 After these I looked and Behold! A door having opened in the heaven, and the sound, the first which I hear, as of trumpet talking with me saying: "Ascend! hence and I shall be showing to thee which-things is binding to be becoming after these.

TexRec) Revelation 4:1 meta tauta eidon kai idou qura hnewgmenh en tw ouranw kai h fwnh h prwth hn hkousa wV salpiggoV laloushV met emou legousa anaba wde kai deixw soi a dei genesqai meta tauta

Rotherham) Matthew 6:2 When, therefore, thou mayest be doing an alms, do not sound a trumpet/salpishV <4537> (5661) before thee, just as, the hypocrites, do in the synagogues and in the streets--that they may be glorified by men,--Verily, I say unto you, they are getting back their reward.

{ISA} Matthew 24:31 and He shall be sending His messengers with a trumpet/salpiggoV <4536> sound, great, and they shall be upon-together-gathering the out-called-ones of Him out of the four winds, from extremities of heavens till the extremities of them.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    This form of the greek way to "lay" used 4 times in NC.

2 And immediately I became in spirit and behold! A throne set/laid in the heaven and upon the throne One-sitting.

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:2 kai euqewV egenomhn en pneumati kai idou qronoV ekeito en tw ouranw kai epi ton qronon kaqhmenoV

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

Rotherham) Matthew 28:6 Not He is here, for He was roused according as He said. Hither! be ye seeing the place where he lay/ekeito <2749> (5711);

2749. keimai middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively):--be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare 5087.

3. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Not sure about this highlighted greek word. Though it appears to signify straight-away, it seems to have the prefix "eu" which means "good" and the primary word used for "God". Interesting

2 And immediately I became in spirit and behold! A throne set/laid in the heaven and upon the throne One-sitting.

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:2 kai euqewV egenomhn en pneumati kai idou qronoV ekeito en tw ouranw kai epi ton qronon kaqhmenoV

2112. eutheos adverb from 2117; directly, i.e. at once or soon:--anon, as soon as, forthwith, immediately, shortly, straightway.

2117. euthus yoo-thoos' perhaps from 2095 and 5087; straight, i.e. (literally) level, or (figuratively) true; adverbially (of time) at once:--anon, by and by, forthwith, immediately, straightway.

2095. eu neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).

2316. theos of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).

4. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    3 And the One sitting like-as visioning a stone, jasper and carnelian. And a rainbow surrounding the throne is like-as visioning emerald [similar to vision in Ezekiel 1:28]

W-H) Revelation 4:3 kai o kaqhmenoV omoioV orasei liqw iaspidi kai sardiw kai iriV kukloqen tou qronou omoioV orasei smaragdinw

Reve 21:11 Having the glory of the God, the lighter of her like-as stone, most precious, as stone, jasper/iaspidi <2393> crystalline. 20 ....the sixth sardioV <4556>,

5. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    A lot of variations in the 3 greek MSS on this verse.

4 And surrounding the throne, thrones, twenty four, and upon the thrones twenty four elders sitting, having been about-cast in garments, white. And upon the heads of them, crowns, golden.

W-H) Revelation 4:4 kai kukloqen tou qronou qronoi eikosi *** tessareV kai epi touV qronouV eikosi tessaraV presbuterouV kaqhmenouV peribeblhmenouV ** imatioiV leukoiV kai epi taV kefalaV autwn stefanouV crusouV

2943. kuklothen koo-kloth'-en adverb from the same as 2945; from the circle, i.e. all around:--(round) about.

2944. kukloo koo-klo'-o from the same as 2945; to encircle, i.e. surround:--compass (about), come (stand) round about.

2945. kukloi koo'-klo as if dative case of kuklos (a ring, "cycle"; akin to 2947); i.e. in a circle (by implication, of 1722), i.e. (adverbially) all around:--round about.

Luke 21:20 `Whenever yet ye may be seeing being compassed/kukloumenhn<2944> by war-feet, Jerusalem, then be ye knowing that has neared the desolating of Her

6. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    5 And out of the throne are issuing-forth lightnings and sounds and thunders, and seven torches/lamps of fire are-burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of the GOD.

W-H) Revelation 4:5 kai ek tou qronou ekporeuontai astrapai kai fwnai kai brontai kai epta lampadeV puroV kaiomenai enwpion tou qronou a eisin ta epta pneumata tou qeou

2985. lampas from 2989; a "lamp" or flambeau:--lamp, light, torch. [Used in Matt 25]

Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of the heavens be likened unto ten virgins who-any getting torches/lamps of selves, went forth into meeting of the bridegroom.

7. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    #2930 used only twice both in Revelation:

6 And before the throne as a sea, glassy, as-like crystal. And in midst of the throne and to-around the throne four living-ones being replete of eyes in front and behind

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:6 kai enwpion tou qronou wV qalassa ualinh omoia krustallw kai en mesw tou qronou kai kuklw tou qronou tessara zwa gemonta ofqalmwn emprosqen kai opisqen

Revelation 22:1 And he shows to me a river of water of life, shining as crystal/krustallon <2930> issuing-forth out of the throne of the God and of the Lamb-kin.

2930. krustallos from a derivative of kruos (frost); ice, i.e. (by analogy) rock "crystal":--crystal.

2929. krustallizo from 2930; to make (i.e. intransitively, resemble) ice ("crystallize"):--be clear as crystal.

8. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    These appear to be in Ezekiel Chapts 1 and 3.

7 And the living one, the first, like-as to a lion, and the second living-one like-as to a calf, and the third living-one having the face as of a man, and the fourth living-one like-as to an eagle winged/flying.

TexRec) Revelation 4:7 kai to zwon to prwton omoion leonti kai to deuteron zwon omoion moscw kai to triton zwon econ to proswpon wV anqrwpoV kai to tetarton zwon omoion aetw petwmenw

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Ezekiel 1:5 Also from midst of her likeness of four living-ones, and this appearances of them likeness of adam to them

Ezekiel 1:15 And I was seeing the-living-ones and behold! wheel, one, in land beside the living-ones in four of faces of him.

The-living-ones [with article "the"] used only 7 times: 6 times in Ezekiel 1 and 1 time in Ezekiel 3

9. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    More imagery from Ezekiel.

8 And the four living-ones, one according to one to-them, having above wings, six compassing. And within they are being replete/full of eyes, and rest not they are having day and night saying: 'Holy Holy Holy Lord the GOD, the all-mighty, the One-was, and the One-being, and the One-coming'

W-H) Revelation 4:8 kai ta tessara zwa en kaq en autwn ecwn ana pterugaV ex kukloqen kai eswqen gemousin ofqalmwn kai anapausin ouk ecousin hmeraV kai nuktoV legonteV agioV agioV agioV kurioV o qeoV o pantokratwr o hn kai o wn kai o ercomenoV

1073. gemo ghem'-o a primary verb; to swell out, i.e. be full:--be full.

[Rotherham]Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw My Lord, sitting upon a throne high and lifted up, and, his skirts, did fill the temple, 2 Seraphim, were standing above him; six wings severally, had each one,--With twain, he covered his face And with twain, he covered his feet And with twain, he did fly. 3 And they continued crying out one to another, and said, Holy--holy--holy, is Yahweh of hosts,--the fulness of the whole earth, is his glory.

Ezekiel 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were terrible, -and their rings full of eyes round about, had they four.

Ezekiel 10:12 And all their flesh, and their back, and their hands and their wings, and the wheels were full of eyes round about, even their wheels which they four had

10. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    #2170 used 15 times [none in Gospels]. Where the word "Eucharist" appears to comes from.

9 And whenever shall be giving, the living-ones, glory and honor and thanking to the One sitting upon the throne to the One-living into the ages of the ages

TexRec) Revelation 4:9 kai otan dwsousin ta zwa doxan kai timhn kai eucaristian tw kaqhmenw epi tou qronou tw zwnti eiV touV aiwnaV twn aiwnwn

2169. eucharistia from 2170; gratitude; actively, grateful language (to God, as an act of worship):--thankfulness, (giving of) thanks(-giving).
    2170. eucharistos from 2095 and a derivative of 5483; well favored, i.e. (by implication) grateful:--thankful.
    2095. eu neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).
    5483. charizomai middle voice from 5485; to grant as a favor, i.e. gratuitously, in kindness, pardon or rescue:--deliver, (frankly) forgive, (freely) give, grant.
    5485. charis from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).

11. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    # 4352 used 60 times but only once in Paul's Epistles. Don't really know if the prefix for this word is "pro" or "pros".

10 shall be falling the twenty [and] four elders before the One-sitting upon the throne and they-shall-be-worshipping/proskunousin <4352> (5719) to-the One-living into the ages of ages. And they shall be casting the crowns of them before the throne saying:

W-H) Revelation 4:10 pesountai oi eikosi *** tessareV presbuteroi enwpion tou kaqhmenou epi tou qronou kai proskunhsousin tw zwnti eiV touV aiwnaV twn aiwnwn kai balousin touV stefanouV autwn enwpion tou qronou legonteV

1 Corin 14:25 And thus the mysteries of the heart of him appearing is becoming, and thus falling on face he-shall-be-worshipping/proskunhsei <4352> (5692) to the GOD from messaging that the GOD thus in ye is.

4352. proskuneo pros-koo-neh'-o from 4314 and a probable derivative of 2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):--worship.

4314. pros pros a strengthened form of 4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward

4253. pro pro a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to:--above, ago, before, or ever. In the comparative, it retains the same significations.

2952. kunarion koo-nar'-ee-on neuter of a presumed derivative of 2965; a puppy:--dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2008
  12. LittleLambofJesus

+28,178
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    11 Worthy Thou-are, the Lord and the GOD of us to be getting/receiving the glory and the honor and the power. That Thou create the all-things and thru the will of Thee they were and are created.

W-H) Revelation 4:11 axioV ei o kurioV kai o qeoV hmwn labein thn doxan kai thn timhn kai thn dunamin oti su ektisaV ta panta kai dia to qelhma sou hsan kai ektisqhsan

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

2936. ktizo ktid'-zo probably akin to 2932 (through the idea of proprietorship of the manufacturer); to fabricate, i.e. found (form originally):--create, Creator, make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.