Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The word for "trumpet" is only found in Matthew of the Gospels and used twice all the other times it is used in the Epistles and Revelation.

Revelation 4:1 After these I looked and Behold! A door having opened in the heaven, and the sound, the first which I hear, as of trumpet talking with me saying: "Ascend! hence and I shall be showing to thee which-things is binding to be becoming after these.

TexRec) Revelation 4:1 meta tauta eidon kai idou qura hnewgmenh en tw ouranw kai h fwnh h prwth hn hkousa wV salpiggoV laloushV met emou legousa anaba wde kai deixw soi a dei genesqai meta tauta

Rotherham) Matthew 6:2 When, therefore, thou mayest be doing an alms, do not sound a trumpet/salpishV <4537> (5661) before thee, just as, the hypocrites, do in the synagogues and in the streets--that they may be glorified by men,--Verily, I say unto you, they are getting back their reward.

{ISA} Matthew 24:31 and He shall be sending His messengers with a trumpet/salpiggoV <4536> sound, great, and they shall be upon-together-gathering the out-called-ones of Him out of the four winds, from extremities of heavens till the extremities of them.

Reactions: LLoJ

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This form of the greek way to "lay" used 4 times in NC.

2 And immediately I became in spirit and behold! A throne set/laid in the heaven and upon the throne One-sitting.

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:2 kai euqewV egenomhn en pneumati kai idou qronoV ekeito en tw ouranw kai epi ton qronon kaqhmenoV

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

Rotherham) Matthew 28:6 Not He is here, for He was roused according as He said. Hither! be ye seeing the place where he lay/ekeito <2749> (5711);

2749. keimai middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively):--be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare 5087.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not sure about this highlighted greek word. Though it appears to signify straight-away, it seems to have the prefix "eu" which means "good" and the primary word used for "God". Interesting

2 And immediately I became in spirit and behold! A throne set/laid in the heaven and upon the throne One-sitting.

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:2 kai euqewV egenomhn en pneumati kai idou qronoV ekeito en tw ouranw kai epi ton qronon kaqhmenoV

2112. eutheos adverb from 2117; directly, i.e. at once or soon:--anon, as soon as, forthwith, immediately, shortly, straightway.

2117. euthus yoo-thoos' perhaps from 2095 and 5087; straight, i.e. (literally) level, or (figuratively) true; adverbially (of time) at once:--anon, by and by, forthwith, immediately, straightway.

2095. eu neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).

2316. theos of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3 And the One sitting like-as visioning a stone, jasper and carnelian. And a rainbow surrounding the throne is like-as visioning emerald [similar to vision in Ezekiel 1:28]

W-H) Revelation 4:3 kai o kaqhmenoV omoioV orasei liqw iaspidi kai sardiw kai iriV kukloqen tou qronou omoioV orasei smaragdinw

Reve 21:11 Having the glory of the God, the lighter of her like-as stone, most precious, as stone, jasper/iaspidi <2393> crystalline. 20 ....the sixth sardioV <4556>,

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A lot of variations in the 3 greek MSS on this verse.

4 And surrounding the throne, thrones, twenty four, and upon the thrones twenty four elders sitting, having been about-cast in garments, white. And upon the heads of them, crowns, golden.

W-H) Revelation 4:4 kai kukloqen tou qronou qronoi eikosi *** tessareV kai epi touV qronouV eikosi tessaraV presbuterouV kaqhmenouV peribeblhmenouV ** imatioiV leukoiV kai epi taV kefalaV autwn stefanouV crusouV

2943. kuklothen koo-kloth'-en adverb from the same as 2945; from the circle, i.e. all around:--(round) about.

2944. kukloo koo-klo'-o from the same as 2945; to encircle, i.e. surround:--compass (about), come (stand) round about.

2945. kukloi koo'-klo as if dative case of kuklos (a ring, "cycle"; akin to 2947); i.e. in a circle (by implication, of 1722), i.e. (adverbially) all around:--round about.

Luke 21:20 `Whenever yet ye may be seeing being compassed/kukloumenhn<2944> by war-feet, Jerusalem, then be ye knowing that has neared the desolating of Her

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
5 And out of the throne are issuing-forth lightnings and sounds and thunders, and seven torches/lamps of fire are-burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of the GOD.

W-H) Revelation 4:5 kai ek tou qronou ekporeuontai astrapai kai fwnai kai brontai kai epta lampadeV puroV kaiomenai enwpion tou qronou a eisin ta epta pneumata tou qeou

2985. lampas from 2989; a "lamp" or flambeau:--lamp, light, torch. [Used in Matt 25]

Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of the heavens be likened unto ten virgins who-any getting torches/lamps of selves, went forth into meeting of the bridegroom.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2930 used only twice both in Revelation:

6 And before the throne as a sea, glassy, as-like crystal. And in midst of the throne and to-around the throne four living-ones being replete of eyes in front and behind

ByzMaj) Revelation 4:6 kai enwpion tou qronou wV qalassa ualinh omoia krustallw kai en mesw tou qronou kai kuklw tou qronou tessara zwa gemonta ofqalmwn emprosqen kai opisqen

Revelation 22:1 And he shows to me a river of water of life, shining as crystal/krustallon <2930> issuing-forth out of the throne of the God and of the Lamb-kin.

2930. krustallos from a derivative of kruos (frost); ice, i.e. (by analogy) rock "crystal":--crystal.

2929. krustallizo from 2930; to make (i.e. intransitively, resemble) ice ("crystallize"):--be clear as crystal.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
These appear to be in Ezekiel Chapts 1 and 3.

7 And the living one, the first, like-as to a lion, and the second living-one like-as to a calf, and the third living-one having the face as of a man, and the fourth living-one like-as to an eagle winged/flying.

TexRec) Revelation 4:7 kai to zwon to prwton omoion leonti kai to deuteron zwon omoion moscw kai to triton zwon econ to proswpon wV anqrwpoV kai to tetarton zwon omoion aetw petwmenw

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Ezekiel 1:5 Also from midst of her likeness of four living-ones, and this appearances of them likeness of adam to them

Ezekiel 1:15 And I was seeing the-living-ones and behold! wheel, one, in land beside the living-ones in four of faces of him.

The-living-ones [with article "the"] used only 7 times: 6 times in Ezekiel 1 and 1 time in Ezekiel 3

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
More imagery from Ezekiel.

8 And the four living-ones, one according to one to-them, having above wings, six compassing. And within they are being replete/full of eyes, and rest not they are having day and night saying: 'Holy Holy Holy Lord the GOD, the all-mighty, the One-was, and the One-being, and the One-coming'

W-H) Revelation 4:8 kai ta tessara zwa en kaq en autwn ecwn ana pterugaV ex kukloqen kai eswqen gemousin ofqalmwn kai anapausin ouk ecousin hmeraV kai nuktoV legonteV agioV agioV agioV kurioV o qeoV o pantokratwr o hn kai o wn kai o ercomenoV

1073. gemo ghem'-o a primary verb; to swell out, i.e. be full:--be full.

[Rotherham]Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw My Lord, sitting upon a throne high and lifted up, and, his skirts, did fill the temple, 2 Seraphim, were standing above him; six wings severally, had each one,--With twain, he covered his face And with twain, he covered his feet And with twain, he did fly. 3 And they continued crying out one to another, and said, Holy--holy--holy, is Yahweh of hosts,--the fulness of the whole earth, is his glory.

Ezekiel 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were terrible, -and their rings full of eyes round about, had they four.

Ezekiel 10:12 And all their flesh, and their back, and their hands and their wings, and the wheels were full of eyes round about, even their wheels which they four had

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
#2170 used 15 times [none in Gospels]. Where the word "Eucharist" appears to comes from.

9 And whenever shall be giving, the living-ones, glory and honor and thanking to the One sitting upon the throne to the One-living into the ages of the ages

TexRec) Revelation 4:9 kai otan dwsousin ta zwa doxan kai timhn kai eucaristian tw kaqhmenw epi tou qronou tw zwnti eiV touV aiwnaV twn aiwnwn

2169. eucharistia from 2170; gratitude; actively, grateful language (to God, as an act of worship):--thankfulness, (giving of) thanks(-giving).
2170. eucharistos from 2095 and a derivative of 5483; well favored, i.e. (by implication) grateful:--thankful.
2095. eu neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).
5483. charizomai middle voice from 5485; to grant as a favor, i.e. gratuitously, in kindness, pardon or rescue:--deliver, (frankly) forgive, (freely) give, grant.
5485. charis from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
# 4352 used 60 times but only once in Paul's Epistles. Don't really know if the prefix for this word is "pro" or "pros".

10 shall be falling the twenty [and] four elders before the One-sitting upon the throne and they-shall-be-worshipping/proskunousin <4352> (5719) to-the One-living into the ages of ages. And they shall be casting the crowns of them before the throne saying:

W-H) Revelation 4:10 pesountai oi eikosi *** tessareV presbuteroi enwpion tou kaqhmenou epi tou qronou kai proskunhsousin tw zwnti eiV touV aiwnaV twn aiwnwn kai balousin touV stefanouV autwn enwpion tou qronou legonteV

1 Corin 14:25 And thus the mysteries of the heart of him appearing is becoming, and thus falling on face he-shall-be-worshipping/proskunhsei <4352> (5692) to the GOD from messaging that the GOD thus in ye is.

4352. proskuneo pros-koo-neh'-o from 4314 and a probable derivative of 2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):--worship.

4314. pros pros a strengthened form of 4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward

4253. pro pro a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to:--above, ago, before, or ever. In the comparative, it retains the same significations.

2952. kunarion koo-nar'-ee-on neuter of a presumed derivative of 2965; a puppy:--dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
11 Worthy Thou-are, the Lord and the GOD of us to be getting/receiving the glory and the honor and the power. That Thou create the all-things and thru the will of Thee they were and are created.

W-H) Revelation 4:11 axioV ei o kurioV kai o qeoV hmwn labein thn doxan kai thn timhn kai thn dunamin oti su ektisaV ta panta kai dia to qelhma sou hsan kai ektisqhsan

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

2936. ktizo ktid'-zo probably akin to 2932 (through the idea of proprietorship of the manufacturer); to fabricate, i.e. found (form originally):--create, Creator, make.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.