Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by s0uljah

Couldn't keep it, or wouldn't? Why would God create a covenant that was impossible to keep? Wouldn't you agree that it was more of a second chance, than a new covenant?

I think it was that they couldn't keep it. The OT is a foreshadow of Jesus Christ and was as Paul called it a schoolmaster. For example, Abraham. Was he perfect? No, but we see that he believed God and righteousness was accounted to him because he did believe. We also have to remember that OT sacrifices did not remove sins, they just covered them up. Jesus died for their sins too. So I guess one could see it as a second chance but I think it is more like the only chance.
The Law is perfect, man isn't. He gave it to set the standard for life and also to show the need for a savior.

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by s0uljah
Why would God create a covenant impossible to keep? That makes no sense to me. :scratch:

"He gave it to set the standard for life and also to show the need for a savior."

Sounds kinda reaching to me, sorry. :confused:

I guess it may be a bit hard to explain exactly. I'll look into it some more and see what I can find out.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by RKF
quote:
Originally posted by RKF
The Bible does not have condradictions in it !!!!
Only your misunderstanding of the scriptures

This is the signature of an athiest on these forums...it is an example of a contradiction.

No I wasn't calling you an atheist, lol. Re-read my post, I was giving an example of an apparent contradiction, to "refute" your statement that there are no contradictions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by RKF
P70- No I don't have time to find them, when it is apparent that you have already made up your mind. How long have you been a preterest ?, and how did you come to be one ?

What church do you attend ?, Denonmination are you?

Just wondering.

You don't have time to find them? Do you actually KNOW of any? you must, for you said you believe that some of Revelation's prophesies were fulfilled "then". I mean, why would you claim such a thing if you didn't know which ones? Is it common practice for you to claim "belief" in something you can't, or won't, support from scripture?

Tell ya what, I'll make is super easy! Tell me just one prophesy found in the book of Revelation that you believe was fulfilled in the 1st century.

Thanks,
P70

PS, Been a Christian for 18 years, finally came to accept the truth of past fulfillment about 3.5 years ago. It was a long journey. I actually discovered "preterism" long before I knew it had a name or that other people believed it. I let scripture interprate scripture, and the Holy spirit lead me to the truth of preterism. Only after I had come to accept it, did I find out that there were others, and that the view we shared actually had a name.

PPS, raised Presbyterian, converted to Catholicism, now relatively non denominational in my theology, and attend Presbyterian services, Catholic Masses, and non denominational Bible study groups. I consider myself a theological Berean (Acts 17:11)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, RKF, we are now continuing to get somewhere productive (IMO)
Lets revisit your "blind statement" as you put it, 'cause I don't think it was as blind as you say!

Originally posted by RKF
The Bible says that all the words in the book are inspired by God, John was told what to write, that's what he wrote, symbolic, yes, but the old testament was too. It was written for those of the end time to understand just like most of Daniel, when you compare Daniel with the book of Revelation, that fit together like a glove, but they were written years apart, why? Because God was the Author. Jesus spoke in parables but he allowed some to understand. Revelations is for us and for them. The letters to the churches were to those churches, the prophecies were for us and them, they transend time..........

Lets start with The letters to the Churches you mentioned. would you still say that those letters were written and delivered to the specific 1st century Churches that John mentions?, or do you now retract that statement too?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Easy there Catchup, no need for such childish behavior. I'm just following up on a sub topic that was introduced by our good freind in Christ RKF.

No need to get snippy, I am just trying to assertain exactly what he believes. Since he seems to claim belief in something one day, then retract it the next, I'm doing my level best to assist him in nailing down a belief he can stand firmly behind.

Thank you for your sober consideration.

YBIC,
P70

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by RKF
No I just didn't want to get into any preterest coversation

I understand. Perhaps this isn't the right place for that anyway. I am still most interested in what you believe however, and since you have flip-flopped and waffled lately, caliming belief then unbelief, it makes me even more curious.

Would you be willing to carry on this discussion via PM?
I promise to be nice :)

Upvote 0

RKF

Apr 3, 2002
texas
Visit site
✟934.00
The Women is the catholic church sitting on the 7 hills of Rome........I don't waffle on my beliefs. I have already been thru the preterest beliefs, and personally I don't believe them at all. I don't believe that all prophecy were fulfilled in 70ad, nor can I adhere to any of the things that yall preach. I had a chance to chat with one of yall in a different forum. Seems funny to me that none of the books in the Bible speak of things being fulfilled then. The book of Daniels says that the prophecies in it would only be understood by the poeple of the end times, that is us, and they that understand would instruct many...That's what I;m trying to do, but the enemy doesn't want that to happen, so confusion sets in. That's where yall preterest come in to the picture. sorry bro, but the truth is the truth.......and always will be....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.