Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I personally find it offensive that the "gay community", or the practitioners of sexual perversion community, .. hijacked the RAINBOW as their CODE for "all things Gay sex".

The Rainbow is a "covenant in the sky" that was created by GOD, and its been denigrated to represent immoral gay sex acts.

The Rainbow is around God's Throne, and its been kidnapped by those whose filthy and immoral sex lives offend God and offend God's morality.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟350,392.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's Dumb!
What's dumb? The name change or the fact that girls and women can join? Because Venture Scouts have been coed since 1969 and both Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA have allowed girls to join for 6 years.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,273,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Sadly, this is NOT a minor issue. It's part of the decades long effort by progressives to change society towards what something a very significant percentage of Americans don't want.

The only reason the Scouts had culturally reactionary policies for years, was due to the influence of the Mormons.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟73,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟565,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anybody articulated a reason why it’s bad for the Boy Scouts to shift to being co-ed? Is it wrong to include girls?

Or is this just the usual knee jerk reaction to anything that’s different?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟73,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Has anybody articulated a reason why it’s bad for the Boy Scouts to shift to being co-ed? Is it wrong to include girls?

Or is this just the usual knee jerk reaction to anything that’s different?
What was wrong with the way it was? What was wrong with having teenage girls in the girl scouts and teens in the boy scouts? Perhaps it is better for girls and boys to have different and separate groups so that boy scouts can learn, enjoy scouting that boys want to do. Perhaps it's better for girls to have separate groups, or "troops" so that girls can safely enjoy learning and doing scouting without potentially being harassed or bullied by immature or mean boys.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟565,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What was wrong with the way it was?

I have no idea. I've never had any interest in or involvement with scouts beyond once helping a friend with an eagle scout project.

But I have to imagine that boosting enrollment was part of it. They lost a bunch of people when the LDS cut ties with them, and they've had to spend a bunch of money on litigation and settlements. Also, these sort of clubs just strike me as being less popular now than they were decades ago.

What was wrong with having teenage girls in the girl scouts and teens in the boy scouts?

Even though they have similar names, they're two entirely separate organizations. The existence of one all-girls organization has zero bearing on whether another, different organization ought to be unisex or co-ed.

Perhaps it is better for girls and boys to have different and separate groups so that boy scouts can learn, enjoy scouting that boys want to do. Perhaps it's better for girls to have separate groups, or "troops" so that girls can safely enjoy learning and doing scouting without potentially being harassed or bullied by immature or mean boys.
They largely do have separate troops.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,273,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
What was wrong with the way it was? What was wrong with having teenage girls in the girl scouts and teens in the boy scouts? Perhaps it is better for girls and boys to have different and separate groups so that boy scouts can learn, enjoy scouting that boys want to do. Perhaps it's better for girls to have separate groups, or "troops" so that girls can safely enjoy learning and doing scouting without potentially being harassed or bullied by immature or mean boys.

Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts had different cultures. To put it bluntly: girl scouts present a low bar in some areas. What if a girl or young woman wants to learn serious outdoor survival skills, or explore future career possibilities through mentorship programs? She might be better served by a program traditionally oriented towards boys and young men, then.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟73,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts had different cultures. To put it bluntly: girl scouts present a low bar in some areas. What if a girl or young woman wants to learn serious outdoor survival skills, or explore future career possibilities through mentorship programs? She might be better served by a program traditionally oriented towards boys and young men, then.
I agree with that conclusion. Do you agree the girls troops and the boys troops of scouts be separate from one another?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟565,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with that conclusion. Do you agree the girls troops and the boys troops of scouts be separate from one another?
The question wasn't posed to me, but I don't see why that's necessary. Schools are co-ed. Church groups are co-ed. Sports teams at younger ages are co-ed. Why does scouting have to be unisex?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟73,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The question wasn't posed to me, but I don't see why that's necessary. Schools are co-ed. Church groups are co-ed. Sports teams at younger ages are co-ed. Why does scouting have to be unisex?

In my opinion, between the ages of 10 to 17, young boys are too often more emotionally immature than the young girls. I am sure that all of us recognize how mean, and insulting, or even how much sexual harassment teenage boys do to girls. I recommend that girls have the safe space areas and scouting enjoyment away from the boys. Boys and girls don't always have to be together in order to benefit from equal scouting experiences or expectations.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟350,392.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You mean the way they are? Scouts BSA and Cub Scouts are both coed, but the troops and packs respectively are single-gender and have been since girls were allowed in.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟73,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You mean the way they are? Scouts BSA and Cub Scouts are both coed, but the troops and packs respectively are single-gender and have been since girls were allowed in.
I'm okay with that.
Thank you, @Arcangl86

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums