Reunification is coming! The Time Is Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catholico

Jun 26, 2003
San Antonio,Texas USA
✟190.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello wandering Catholics,

I believe with the increase of converst to the Eastern Catholic faith.

The Eastern Orthodox and even the Independant Orthodox churches are reuniting!

The two true Christians that have valid churches surely will reunite!

May the Pope and the Saints reunite us Brothers and sisters!

May politics not interfere.

C.

Philip

Orthodoxy: Old School, Hard Core Christianity
Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
Gee, I don't recall ever being a Catholic, much less wandering away from Catholicism. I wandered over here from Campus Crusade.

Many Orthodox call themselves Catholic (or at least Orthodox Catholic). Remember, the Church is One, Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic. She is not, however, wandering.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I pray for the unity of all true Christians in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church - One Fold, One Shepherd (John 10:16).

It would be extremely and exceedingly wonderful if the RCC and the EOC and the rest of the apostolic churches could get together and get everything straight according to the Deposit of Faith.

Until that happens, I will keep on praying.

Upvote 0

Philip

Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My prayers are joined with yours, Maximus.

Brothers ans Sisters,
When you pray for the (re)unity of the Church, please keep in mind the Oriental Orthodox. I feel that God will lead us together before healing the rift with the West.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Philip said:

Brothers ans Sisters,
When you pray for the (re)unity of the Church, please keep in mind the Oriental Orthodox. I feel that God will lead us together before healing the rift with the West.
Amen, Brother Philip!

I'm with you!

Upvote 0

Philip

Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
O All Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we your faithful children beseech you to forgive us the sin of divisiveness, which is rooted in our hearts. Implant in our lives the holy vine of unity which only You can bestow on those who have come together in Your name. Enlighten us with Your grace so that we may come to the knowledge of Your truth and move our hearts to respond with trust and total obedience to your divine will. Through the intercessions of Your Saints, we also praise Your all Holy Name. Grant that we be one as You are One. O Father who is without beginning, O Son who is eternal and O Holy Spirit, the life-creator, illuminate the way and guide us all to once again unite Your Holy Church.​

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philip said:

Brothers ans Sisters,
Indeed. We've had many Oriental Orthodox at our parish because there's no Oriental Orthodox church around here. We've had Coptics, Ethiopians, Malankara-Jacobites from India, etc. There's a book I've been meaning to borrow from one Indian guy at our church about reunification from the Oriental Orthodx perspective. Should be an interesting read!

Upvote 0

Philip

Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
nicodemus said:
There's a book I've been meaning to borrow from one Indian guy at our church about reunification from the Oriental Orthodx perspective. Should be an interesting read!

Be sure to post a review.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

buzuxi

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,265.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
it is highly unlikely that rome and the orthodox catholic church will re-unite soon. but we know that it doesnt matter for the fullness of catholicity of the apostolic church does not reside thru some network of bishops communing with each other, but exists in every local church who is faithful to the faith once delivered to all, where that church is in comminion with her own bishop and most importantly is the fullness of the catholic body when she partakes of the eucharist in love

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
unity would be nice, but something would have to give. While the initial problems started out small, they have been given too many centuries to fester and grow. Now the differences between the two sides, West and East, would require someone to say "I was wrong about ______ all these years and have misled all who followed me." Who wants to go first?

Peace.

Peter

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Maximus said:
I pray for the unity of all true Christians in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church - One Fold, One Shepherd (John 10:16).

It would be extremely and exceedingly wonderful if the RCC and the EOC and the rest of the apostolic churches could get together and get everything straight according to the Deposit of Faith.

Until that happens, I will keep on praying.
Amen, and I join my prayers to yours!

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

IrishJohan

Nov 16, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟2,911.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Philip said:
If I could hazard a guess, perhaps he means the talks between the ROCOR and ROC? Or I suppose he could be referring to the talks between the EOC and the Non-Chalcedonian Orthodox. If not either of these, I'm clueless as to what he is referring to...

Pax Christi,
John

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.