Reunification is coming! The Time Is Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
chanter said:
Perhaps the East will convert the West!

Sorry I didn't intend it that way. I was referring to a saintly Eastern Catholic Byzantine Bishop-Martyr who prophesized before he died that:

(1) the West would apologize to the East and

(2) the East would convert the West.

He was not accepted and was persecuted by the Latin-Rite Catholic bishops during World War II. Finally Rome had to speak out on his behalf. He forgave all those who wrongly attacked the Byzantine Catholics and was a model of sanctity. He was killed by the communists shortly after WWII while imprisoned for false charges; the communists tried to cover up his martyrdom because they didn't want him venerated as a martyr.

The Byzantine Catholic book that quoted his remark also said that all of his other prophesies came true. I think he was really referring to the idea of a deep metanoia or repentance, and it seems to be coming to fruition with the Catholics showing interest in the Jesus Prayer and Icons. Not only that, the Pope did apologize to the East when he went to Greece.

I don't know the name of this Holy Byzantine Bishop, but I personally honor him as a saint. Does anyone know his name? Has he perhaps been canonized yet?

repenting....

Yours in Christ,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.