Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
The coming tribulation period will last for 2520 24 hour days [this time lapse is the same as the 70th week decreed for Israel still pending [this is derived by counting the 70 weeks of years decreed for Israel [Daniel 9:24-27]

The prophetic 70th week is valued at 7 360 day lunar years [the Jewish heptad]

This period is divided into two 1260 day periods .... "time, times, and 1/2" time for each period "3 1/2 years"

The battle of Armageddon will be fought in the next 30 days, and then the Lord will appear on the earth and gather the survivors over the next 45 days

Suggested reading [Daniel 8:9-26; 12:7-12; Revelation 12:6; 12:14]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many years after the tribulation does Jesus return?

Not years but immediately after.

Matt. 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
YHWH, but since men determined what books go in the Bible, how can you be sure the message hasn't been lost or distorted? Not even Jesus wrote any of the Gospels or writings in general.

Good question. We have the evidence of fulfilled prophecy in the scriptures. We have the evidence of the cohesiveness of scripture written over 1000’s of years penned by different men of God inspired by the Holy Spirit. When one has had an encounter with the Risen Savior that changes their life in dramatic ways, that is proof. When supernatural events such as healings, miracles of provision, and specific answered prayers are a part of the believer’s life, that is evidence the message is true.

It is sad but true men have distorted the message by their own devices but the written word of God is life to them that find it.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The basic idea is that the return of Jesus will likely to be viewed as an alien invasion and perhaps this is (at least partly) how the AC will convince (or trick or cajole?) the armies of the earth to gather against God to fight him.
MEDIA=youtube]AD-92L25FkM[/MEDIA]
Think it suggest that there soon be space elevators, and people can live up there and give birth. Also there might come clones up there, so it will humans but not born on Earth.

And no, Jesus will not be an alien that comes, it's described that he will appear with 2 yellow garments on the Mount of Olives, and I've been there with 2 yellow garments, even walked around Jerusalem, but no one cared.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And no, Jesus will not be an alien that comes, it's described that he will appear with 2 yellow garments on the Mount of Olives, and I've been there with 2 yellow garments, even walked around Jerusalem, but no one cared.

Depends on your perspective. Christians are described as "strangers" and "pilgrims" on the Earth. This usage suggests that we should be strangers in the context of the worldy system; the way "the world" behaves should be alien, strange, and different to how we Christians behave.

On the other hand, Jesus created this world. It belongs to him. He's "gone away" (or perhaps stepped back) for a time, but he will return. In that context, his return will not be that of an alien coming to Earth. But, from the perspective of those who are not expecting his return, his return will appear as though he is an invading alien.

This is a distinction I've been striving to clarify since my first post. If you simply disagree, that's another matter, but it would be nice to get confirmation from someone that they understand the subtleties of the distinction I'm making.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on your perspective. Christians are described as "strangers" and "pilgrims" on the Earth. This usage suggests that we should be strangers in the context of the worldy system; the way "the world" behaves should be alien, strange, and different to how we Christians behave.

On the other hand, Jesus created this world. It belongs to him. He's "gone away" (or perhaps stepped back) for a time, but he will return. In that context, his return will not be that of an alien coming to Earth. But, from the perspective of those who are not expecting his return, his return will appear as though he is an invading alien.

This is a distinction I've been striving to clarify since my first post. If you simply disagree, that's another matter, but it would be nice to get confirmation from someone that they understand the subtleties of the distinction I'm making.

I totally get your POV, got it from the start. I just don't agree with it.

The 'alien invasion' is by design sold as 'the return of Christ'. What you are describing is how people are supposed to understand it. It is a set-up using propaganda to 'program' a certain preordained response in the masses.

Whisked away rapture movies, 2012/ end of the world ideas, alien invasion movies, vampire movies, zombies etc: all of these are of the same Satanic cloth. This is the mechanism by which the evil beast system has carte blanche to send innocent people to the death camps.

If you don't take the mark of the beast, you will be said to be infected with a 'mind controlling parasite' that will turn you into a: vampire/ zombie/ alien monster/ Nephilim demon. Ever see a 'vampire' beheaded on a tv show? (to ostensibly 'kill the parasite/ keep it from coming back from the dead) That beheading is programming people for the day when Christians refuse the mark of the beast and have to be beheaded 'because they have been infected'.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I totally get your POV, got it from the start. I just don't agree with it.

The 'alien invasion' is by design sold as 'the return of Christ'. What you are describing is how people are supposed to understand it. It is a set-up using propaganda to 'program' a certain preordained response in the masses.

Whisked away rapture movies, 2012/ end of the world ideas, alien invasion movies, vampire movies, zombies etc: all of these are of the same Satanic cloth. This is the mechanism by which the evil beast system has carte blanche to send innocent people to the death camps.

If you don't take the mark of the beast, you will be said to be infected with a 'mind controlling parasite' that will turn you into a: vampire/ zombie/ alien monster/ Nephilim demon. Ever see a 'vampire' beheaded on a tv show? (to ostensibly 'kill the parasite/ keep it from coming back from the dead) That beheading is programming people for the day when Christians refuse the mark of the beast and have to be beheaded 'because they have been infected'.

Why is it that everyone takes the Mark of the Beast literally but almost nothing else about Revelation like the beast with seven heads and ten horns? You'd think that it wouldn't be proper interpretation to pick and choose.

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Jesus did not create this world, his father God did! That's a very clear distinction when:

1) God sacrificed his son to save humanity from sin.

2) Jesus when on the cross, said "Eli Eli, have you forsaken me!?", which makes a clear distinction between father and son.

3) your silly video proves nothing.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus did not create this world, his father God did!

You are wrong.
Col. 1:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

You don't need to strive too hard, I know what you're talking about. It would make for a good movie script but not too good for the real Script.

Don't worry ES. Everyone is going to know that the God of the Bible has come back and has intervened in our affairs. Even the dumbest thug will know, probably a year or more BEFORE the second coming.

I'll bet you any money man, nobody is going to think that they're fighting aliens. They'll only WISH that they were fighting aliens. Because then they might have a chance to win.

A third
of your people will die of the plague or perish by famine inside you;

A third will fall by the sword outside your walls; and

A third I will scatter to the winds and pursue with drawn sword.

“Then my anger will cease and my wrath against them will subside, and I will be avenged. And when I have spent my wrath on them, they will know that I the Lord have spoken in my zeal.

A third
of the earth was burned up, and
A third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.
A third of the sea became blood.
A third of the living creatures in the sea died, and
A third of the ships were destroyed.
A third of the rivers and on the springs of water.
A third of the waters became wormwood,
A third of the sun was struck, and
A third of the moon, and
A third of the stars, so that
A third of their light might be darkened, and
A third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise
A third of the night.
A third of mankind.

“Then my anger will cease and my wrath against them will subside, and I will be avenged. And when I have spent my wrath on them, they will know that I the Lord have spoken in my zeal.​

They will KNOW that it is the Lord who has spoken, they will KNOW that the God of the Bible is back. How they all react is a completely different issue. But no one is going to think aliens did this. The wicked are wicked, they are rebellious. They want to continue in their sins. They will curse the God of Heaven who sent these judgements. They will not repent.

The trumpets are very specific in their destruction. This specificity is God's handy work, God's Signature. These are not random meteor showers and so should not be expected to fall as such. Ask yourself, would God tell us to flee into the wilderness and then hit our wilderness locations with the Trumpets, while having mercy on the downtown sin cities.

Some of these cities are also the capital locations that have approved the transgressive laws which helped to get us to where we are now. When entire governments around the globe are destroyed, the ten kings will quickly rise up and take power.

When the world's end time survivors take in the death and the destruction that was inflicted on the planet they will certainly know that the Lord has spoken in His zeal. The Son of Man will be revealed through his actions. Nobody is going to think this was the work of aliens.

Surviving leaders of governments and religious organizations will combine and will quickly take measures that are intended to appease or placate God so that His judgements will stop. They'll think that if they don't do something, God is going to kill them all.

It is in this environment of emergency that the beast and the ten nations will rise up out of a perceived necessity. This will take place literally overnight. Worship will be demanded, coerced and legislated for all those who inhabit the face of the whole earth. Can you say hi to the mark of the beast? This will come like a snare to ALL those who inhabit the face of the whole earth. The time will have come when by killing us, they will think that they are offering a service to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You are wrong.
Col. 1:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
No, I am right you have quoted some feeble translated bible.

http://biblehub.com/colossians/1-18.htm said:
He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18And He is the head of the body, thechurch; He is the beginning and firstborn from amongthe dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence. 19For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
3) your silly video proves nothing.

Hey ver. The point of the video wasn't to prove anything, but rather to present a concept for discussion. If you disagree with a particular assessment or conclusion, that's fine, since that is part of discussion, too, but it's helpful to give reasons for your disagreement.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'll bet you any money man, nobody is going to think that they're fighting aliens. They'll only WISH that they were fighting aliens. Because then they might have a chance to win.

I agree that there will be a certain amount of wishful thinking at play. I don't think people fit into only 2 categories; there will be a broad spectrum of POV.

I think the concept of a "reprobate mind" will also be a factor. The definition Paul uses is that of people who tried their hardest to expunge God from their thinking, and so he gave them over to a reprobate mind. He also talked about "searing" the conscience, presumably resulting in an inability to either think of or hear from God any more.

Who knows how much of the truth will penetrate for each of us when the time actually comes? I think it will be different for every human, just like it is today. We've probably all got various blind spots in our walk with God; areas where he'd like to reach us, but for one reason or another we don't (or won't) hear it. If that were not the case, we'd probably be much, much closer to all understanding of all truth.

Some of us seem more open to the spirit than others. That is not to say that those who are less open are somehow inferior (at least not in the same terms we humans usually think of as greater or lesser), since we're all unique individuals in God's eyes, but it does indicate that we won't all view the return of Jesus in the same way. There must be some room for variation in interpretation, and if that is the case then there will probably be some examples of extreme variation.

This is where the "alien invasion" theory comes into play, and I'm actually quite glad that you referred to it as "wishful thinking", because wishful thinking isn't always regarded as wishful thinking by those who are wishfully thinking. Sometimes the wishful thinking feels normal and rational.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why is it that everyone takes the Mark of the Beast literally but almost nothing else about Revelation like the beast with seven heads and ten horns? You'd think that it wouldn't be proper interpretation to pick and choose.

As an aside to the topic (but still kinda relevant in a general way) picking and choosing is wise. It's akin to discernment. We do this in normal conversation all the time, where we decide what is important, what is not, what is a joke, what is not, what is literal and what is not etc...

Imagine having a conversation which starts with some kind of humorous observation and then as a result you feel compelled to interpret every comment thereafter as a joke, too. You'd quickly find that such an interpretation just doesn't make sense.

It's the same when interpreting scriptures. The scriptures (especially Jesus' teachings) can wind back and forth through literal, parabolic, metaphorical, spiritual, and then back to literal again all in one chapter.

Good, wise discernment requires that we "pick and choose".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As an aside to the topic (but still kinda relevant in a general way) picking and choosing is wise. It's akin to discernment. We do this in normal conversation all the time, where we decide what is important, what is not, what is a joke, what is not, what is literal and what is not etc...

Imagine having a conversation which starts with some kind of humorous observation and then as a result you feel compelled to interpret every comment thereafter as a joke, too. You'd quickly find that such an interpretation just doesn't make sense.

It's the same when interpreting scriptures. The scriptures (especially Jesus' teachings) can wind back and forth through literal, parabolic, metaphorical, spiritual, and then back to literal again all in one chapter.

Good, wise discernment requires that we "pick and choose".

I see your point, and agree with it. But what I'm surprised by is that the Mark seems to be one of the ONLY things that's taken literally. Except for Satan's fall, which for some reason is in this vision that people see as being in the future even though Satan supposedly fell in the past, so why say that's the only part in the past and literally everything else is in the future.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But what I'm surprised by is that the Mark seems to be one of the ONLY things that's taken literally.

Depends on who you chat with, I think. On the world wide web it's pretty easy to find a majority of people who have a fairly wonky idea of interpretation. I think the two witnesses will be literal, and the fire that comes out of their mouths, too.

I think the destruction heralded by the 7 trumpets will be literal. I think the return of Jesus will be literal. People dying for their faith will be literal. There is a lot to the Revelation that will be literal.

Getting a correct balance between the spiritual and metaphorical is an important part of discernment and interpretation. It's one of those amazing areas where God gives us free reign to exercise our ability to reason.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Depends on who you chat with, I think. On the world wide web it's pretty easy to find a majority of people who have a fairly wonky idea of interpretation. I think the two witnesses will be literal, and the fire that comes out of their mouths, too.

I think the destruction heralded by the 7 trumpets will be literal. I think the return of Jesus will be literal. People dying for their faith will be literal. There is a lot to the Revelation that will be literal.

Getting a correct balance between the spiritual and metaphorical is an important part of discernment and interpretation. It's one of those amazing areas where God gives us free reign to exercise our ability to reason.

The problem is that people's ability to reason often comes up with wildly different meanings and interpretations, which is why there's so many denominations.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The problem is that people's ability to reason often comes up with wildly different meanings and interpretations, which is why there's so many denominations.

Considering that we are all people (including you and me) your comments come across as fairly sobering. But I don't think "wildly different" is a problem at all. "different thinking" is an unavoidable part of the learning process. It actually sounds quite fascinating.

The real issue should be one of accuracy.

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hey ver. The point of the video wasn't to prove anything, but rather to present a concept for discussion. If you disagree with a particular assessment or conclusion, that's fine, since that is part of discussion, too, but it's helpful to give reasons for your disagreement.
He says along the lines: Because the size of the New Jerusalem is so big that it HAS to be aliens that will descend, which is absurd.

It could be space elevators and space cities that will be constructed.

Upvote 0