Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Retired Brits have revealed their top 40 ‘pearls of wisdom’ to pass on to younger generations, including saying “I love you” more often, and being confident in your own skin.

The poll of 1,000 retired adults also advised young people never to compare themselves to others—and to phone their family once a week.

Others warned the younger ones to enjoy their youth, exercise more often, and to step outside of their comfort zone.

The questionnaire found 67% of retirees do have regrets—such as not traveling the world (44%), worrying what other people thought (43%), and not keeping physically fit (40%).

Continued below.
Retirees Share Top 40 Pearls of Wisdom With Our Younger Generations

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Get a side hustle. Start when you're young before marriage and family enter the picture. Uncertainty is guaranteed. Having a second income can fill in the gap and increase your savings. Many side hustles become a primary source of income or fund large expenses. Like a mortgage, college, and retirement.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
41. Read, study, and KNOW Scripture, daily.
42. It is not about what we want, it is what about God wants.
43. God is not complicated. Trust Him.
44. Definition of Normal: A human being with problems.
45. Reject labels.
46. Work on the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:13-26).
47. When following God, be comfortable with rejection and losing friends.
48. Love God with all of your heart, mind, soul, strength, and love others as yourself (Luke 10:25-37, Mark 12:28-34, Matthew 22:36-40).
49. Let go of the past. Otherwise, it will only destroy you one day.
50. As soon as the preacher starts infusing politics into his sermons, walk away from it.

These are the pearls of wisdom my mentor taught me. I dare not trample on them (Matthew 7:6), because they have literally made my life better. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I retired in June of last year, at the tender age of 49, so I may not fit the typical retirement age, but I will drop some pearls anyway.
  • Pay off all of your debts before retirement.
  • Plan ahead, so that you have a buffer of savings, for emergencies.
  • Instead of planning for a luxurious retirement life, plan for living simply.
  • Remain active and never stop exercising.
  • Start eating right at an early age.
  • You don't have to work into your sixties. A good career with a pension will let you retire earlier. If you don't have a pension, make one. Save.
  • Be prepared to go from having a routine to not having a routine.
Happy Sabbath!

Last edited:
Upvote 0