May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
In recent weeks, the good folk at Globebusters have been creating lengthy and detailed videos in response to "Professor Dave's" challenges for flat-earthers. So far they are through 6 out of 10 of the challenges, but I can add those rebuttals as they are released.

The purpose of this is for those who think flat earth has zero support evidence to either look and see that either they are wrong and consider them, agree or not, or pridefully continue making such false claims.

As a bonus, just so you are all aware, when someone uses the videos from Professor Dave, SciManDan, Soundly, or a couple of other globe shills, just understand that most of the time you will be immediately dismissed for such a boneheaded move. You might as well use the Three Stooges to support the globe claim. Something to keep in mind, because we do laugh at you. Just FYI.

Video #1: Maps

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can understand people back in ancient times questioning if the earth was flat or spherical but in these modern times it makes no sense whatsoever that people actually believe that the earth is flat!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In recent weeks, the good folk at Globebusters have been creating lengthy and detailed videos in response to "Professor Dave's" challenges for flat-earthers.

The earth is not flat. Those videos are total rubbish, full of lies.

I can understand people back in ancient times questioning if the earth was flat or spherical

We have known that the earth is round for 2500 years.

Upvote 0

tbstor

Sifting through the unknowable.
May 23, 2020
Baltimore
✟28,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've never really understood this controversy. No scientists believe the earth is flat and those are really the only people who need to have a correct understanding. I am not bothered by people who think the earth is flat.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No scientists believe the earth is flat and those are really the only people who need to have a correct understanding.

So does anybody involved in navigation, of course.

And besides, "flat earthers" give the false impression that Christians believe in a flat earth. That's an attack on the Church, by making the Church look stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So does anybody involved in navigation, of course.

And besides, "flat earthers" give the false impression that Christians believe in a flat earth. That's an attack on the Church, by making the Church look stupid.
Agreed, the whole idea is completely unbiblical and steals glory from God.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
In recent weeks, the good folk at Globebusters have been creating lengthy and detailed videos in response to "Professor Dave's" challenges for flat-earthers. So far they are through 6 out of 10 of the challenges, but I can add those rebuttals as they are released.

The purpose of this is for those who think flat earth has zero support evidence to either look and see that either they are wrong and consider them, agree or not, or pridefully continue making such false claims.

As a bonus, just so you are all aware, when someone uses the videos from Professor Dave, SciManDan, Soundly, or a couple of other globe shills, just understand that most of the time you will be immediately dismissed for such a boneheaded move. You might as well use the Three Stooges to support the globe claim. Something to keep in mind, because we do laugh at you. Just FYI.

Video #1: Maps

People believe that the earth is a globe for a reason. It is. Mockery and insults do not change the facts. Laugh all you like. I just shake my head and wonder how you can be so deceived.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I can understand people back in ancient times questioning if the earth was flat or spherical but in these modern times it makes no sense whatsoever that people actually believe that the earth is flat!

And I can't understand how we 'modern' people became so gullible to swallow the globe lies.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
People believe that the earth is a globe for a reason. It is. Mockery and insults do not change the facts. Laugh all you like. I just shake my head and wonder how you can be so deceived.

I'm not the one who is deceived in this matter. And yes, I will continue to laugh at those who use those sources of information. It actually wasn't mockery, but rather a forum PSA in general.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I've never really understood this controversy. No scientists believe the earth is flat and those are really the only people who need to have a correct understanding. I am not bothered by people who think the earth is flat.

Consensus doesn't make something true. Did you even bother to look at any of the videos? Because I'm wondering how one can sit there and lecture others about understanding without understanding their positions as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tbstor

May 23, 2020
Baltimore
✟28,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Consensus doesn't make something true. Did you even bother to look at any of the videos? Because I'm wondering how one can sit there and lecture others about understanding without understanding their positions as well.
I don't need to watch videos. The people who have jobs in relevant fields operate on the earth being round. Satellites wouldn't be able to stay in space and orbit the earth if it weren't round.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to watch videos. The people who have jobs in relevant fields operate on the earth being round. Satellites wouldn't be able to stay in space and orbit the earth if it weren't round.

Don't even know why you are on this thread then. Too bad I don't award participation trophies.

Upvote 0

tbstor

May 23, 2020
Baltimore
✟28,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't even know why you are on this thread then. Too bad I don't award participation trophies.
I'm still trying to figure out why you made this thread. You haven't meaningfully engaged with anyone yet lol.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not the one who is deceived in this matter. And yes, I will continue to laugh at those who use those sources of information. It actually wasn't mockery, but rather a forum PSA in general.
I don't need any youtuber to tell me that the earth is a globe. I've been over a good deal of it. I do not understand how anyone can think otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I am willing to make a response to these videos, but it would be very lengthy to address all the points, make some corrections to the original challenge and talk about all the mistakes made in the videos themselves.
I had already started to do so, and had needed to type out almost two pages... for just some snippets from the first 7 minutes of the first video.

So, before I'm going into that effort, I would have to know:

SeventyOne, are you willing and able to go through a thorough response to... well, let's start with the "maps" video, consider my points and directly address them, without simple discarding?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0