Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Consensus doesn't make something true. Did you even bother to look at any of the videos? Because I'm wondering how one can sit there and lecture others about understanding without understanding their positions as well.
Do you understand electricity? I do, because it was my job for years. Not everyone does, but they know how to flick a switch. The light comes on for the ignorant and the electrical engineer alike. Understanding is overrated. No one has any credible evidence for the earth being flat. There is a vast amount of evidence that the earth is a globe. I don't understand the "flat earth" theory because it is patently false. What's to understand? There is no logic, no evidence, nothing credible to imply that the earth is flat.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've never really understood this controversy. No scientists believe the earth is flat and those are really the only people who need to have a correct understanding. I am not bothered by people who think the earth is flat.

Flat earthers are comparable to a fly.

Just like a fly they are distracting, annoying and get way too much attention for their size but in the end they accomplish nothing.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,105.00
Faith
Atheist
Flat earthers are comparable to a fly.

Just like a fly they are distracting, annoying and get way too much attention for their size but in the end they accomplish nothing.
Unfortunately, they accomplish reproduction.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you summarize the arguments made in these videos in your own words?

Not the point of the thread, but I did summarize the basics in the videos in the OP, and that being detailed proof for the flat earth.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Not the point of the thread, but I did summarize the basics in the videos in the OP, and that being detailed proof for the flat earth.
No, they are not proof for the flat earth. Quite the opposite. Demonstrably.

But as long as you are not willing - and not able - to address the mistakes in these videos, you won't be able to "prove" anything.

Just a small example. First video, not even 10 minutes in. 9:00 "We have data, taken from wind and distance units that makes the map that you saw with the circular path of the sun..."

That map is an AE map. The map you Flat Earthers have chosen as "correct".
And the video obviously agrees with the depicted data. Because it fits so nicely with their "circular path of the sun" argument.

That this same data would also show that all windspeeds in the southern hemisphere / outer part of the disk are twice as high as in the northern / central regions... this they simply ignore.

And somehow no one has ever noticed that southern Africa suffers from constant hurricanes...

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No, they are not proof for the flat earth. Quite the opposite. Demonstrably.

But as long as you are not willing - and not able - to address the mistakes in these videos, you won't be able to "prove" anything.

Just a small example. First video, not even 10 minutes in. 9:00 "We have data, taken from wind and distance units that makes the map that you saw with the circular path of the sun..."

That map is an AE map. The map you Flat Earthers have chosen as "correct".
And the video obviously agrees with the depicted data. Because it fits so nicely with their "circular path of the sun" argument.

That this same data would also show that all windspeeds in the southern hemisphere / outer part of the disk are twice as high as in the northern / central regions... this they simply ignore.

And somehow no one has ever noticed that southern Africa suffers from constant hurricanes...

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
We'll have to agree to disagree.
That's not what "proof" is. "Detailed proof"... these were your words.

If you are not able to demonstrate that your own arguments are correct... you have nothing. And definitly not "detailed proof".

Did you even watch the videos you were posting?
Did you notice that the first minutes of the first video consisted of the the videos chiding Dave for not adhering to "the acid test of honesty"?

Now... do you think that what you are doing here is "honest"?

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That's not what "proof" is. "Detailed proof"... these were your words.

If you are not able to demonstrate that your own arguments are correct... you have nothing. And definitly not "detailed proof".

Did you even watch the videos you were posting?
Did you notice that the first minutes of the first video consisted of the the videos chiding Dave for not adhering to "the acid test of honesty"?

Now... do you think that what you are doing here is "honest"?

I've watched them all. Again, we will have to agree to disagree on your points.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I've watched them all. Again, we will have to agree to disagree on your points.
That's not a response. That's an evasion.
There can be no "agreement to disagree". This isn't a question of "disagreement". It is a question of correctness.

I pointed out something where your "detailed proof" gets it completely wrong. I told you what it got wrong.
If you haven't anything to demonstrate of how your version could still be correct... you have failed in your "proof".

That's science. That's "honesty". Denial or evasion won't help you there.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Here's a hint: No one wants to watch your videos. Not only do we not have the time to waste, but it's a lazy way to argue by just posting a long video and expecting it to make your arguments for you. In your OP you criticize the very same behavior by the other side.

If you want to actually make a case, and you think these videos will help you do so, then try presenting the arguments they make in text form, so they can be easily responded to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Here's a hint: No one wants to watch your videos. Not only do we not have the time to waste, but it's a lazy way to argue by just posting a long video and expecting it to make your arguments for you. In your OP you criticize the very same behavior by the other side.

If you want to actually make a case, and you think these videos will help you do so, then try presenting the arguments they make in text form, so they can be easily responded to.

I'm targeting those with some intellectual honesty and curiosity. Telling me that there are those here with no interest in watching these for themselves comes to absolutely zero surprise to me. Time for them to simply move on with their ignorance fully intact.

As for my arguments, I've tried that route here several times. Never again, and I couldn't care less what any of you think about that decision either.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm targeting those with some intellectual honesty and curiosity. Telling me that there are those here with no interest in watching these for themselves comes to absolutely zero surprise to me. Time for them to simply move on with their ignorance fully intact.

Aren't you the one who said in your OP that you would ignore any videos posted against your side?

As for my arguments, I've tried that route here several times. Never again, and I couldn't care less what any of you think about that decision either.

What you mean is, your arguments were refuted, so now you've given up on making them and are just spamming videos.

If you really believe that you're right, try again.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm targeting those with some intellectual honesty and curiosity.
Irony is dead...

How can you of all people claim to be interested in intellectual honesty and curiosity, when you cannot be bothered to even acknowledge criticisms to your "detailed proofs".

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it incredible that people still believe in a flat earth. The evidence for a spherical earth is so strong that it takes a determined effort to ignore it.

For a simple example, below are two photos I took of the same island (Lambay Island off the east coast of Ireland), both taken at a distance of about 21 miles according to Google Earth. The first is from about 20 feet above sea level and the second from about 190 feet above sea level. The photo taken from the higher elevation reveals more of the island meaning the horizon is obscuring parts of the island at the lower elevation. This evidence can be seen on any day the weather permits the island to be seen from where I took the photos and it can only happen with such consistency if the earth is spherical.

Flat earth believers can try to claim otherwise but instead of tackling all the facts, they use smoke and mirrors with faked 'evidence' and partial, incomplete facts twisted to make their claims sound plausible.

1.png
2.jpg

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it incredible that people still believe in a flat earth. The evidence for a spherical earth is so strong that it takes a determined effort to ignore it.

For a simple example, below are two photos I took of the same island (Lambay Island off the east coast of Ireland), both taken at a distance of about 21 miles according to Google Earth. The first is from about 20 feet above sea level and the second from about 190 feet above sea level. The photo taken from the higher elevation reveals more of the island meaning the horizon is obscuring parts of the island at the lower elevation. This evidence can be seen on any day the weather permits the island to be seen from where I took the photos and it can only happen with such consistency if the earth is spherical.

Yeah but you see, there's a magic atmospheric dome effect that makes that happen, and don't ask us to explain it, because it just does, also here's a link to an hour+ youtube video showing a bunch of blurry photographs that totally prove you can see farther past the horizon than you should be able to. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Phil G
Upvote 0