Resources on Evolution

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If environment has a profound influence to the evolution process, then in the earth history, we should see many cases that illustrated backward evolution when the environment gradually changed "back" to what it was. That is something we never see.
. Name an environment that happened to. By the way devolution doesn’t happen . That’s a fantasy. Organisms can re- evolve an ancestral trait, but that leaves genetic vestiges in the DNA

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
. Name an environment that happened to. By the way devolution doesn’t happen . That’s a fantasy. Organisms can re- evolve an ancestral trait, but that leaves genetic vestiges in the DNA

I am telling you a question which evolutionist can not answer. I am NOT giving you an example to answer my question. Remember my question and ask it to an evolutionist. So far, I am not sure you understand my question.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understood that you proposed a fantasy geological situation and expect biologists to give organisms to fit that fantasy . Ok I’ll try .

Unicorns especially pink ones!

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I understood that you proposed a fantasy geological situation and expect biologists to give organisms to fit that fantasy . Ok I’ll try .

Unicorns especially pink ones!

I am a geologist. I know how did the environment of the earth change. What I proposed is a reasonably hard question, not a fantasy. The 42 guy asked how is my question related to the definition of evolution. The answer is: what we see does NOT fit what the definition says.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If environment has a profound influence to the evolution process, then in the earth history, we should see many cases that illustrated backward evolution when the environment gradually changed "back" to what it was. That is something we never see.

It's statements like this, that show how you actually don't comprehend evolutionary processes at all....

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am telling you a question which evolutionist can not answer. I am NOT giving you an example to answer my question. Remember my question and ask it to an evolutionist. So far, I am not sure you understand my question.

Your question makes no sense because it is loaded with ignorance and false assumptions.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a geologist. I know how did the environment of the earth change. What I proposed is a reasonably hard question, not a fantasy. The 42 guy asked how is my question related to the definition of evolution. The answer is: what we see does NOT fit what the definition says.

What do we see?
How does it not fit the definition?

Don't assert it. Explain it.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Juvie , what kind of geologist makes up the stuff you do? You don’t seem to understand the basic geological column or how they’re dated or index fossils which iirc is middle school geology .

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Juvie , what kind of geologist makes up the stuff you do? You don’t seem to understand the basic geological column or how they’re dated or index fossils which iirc is middle school geology .

Sorry to say this. But you are done.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m not the only one stating that you have no idea what you’re talking about . Unlike you I’m at least familiar with the subject so I agree on that basis

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You claim that Tiktaalik isn’t a transitional between lobefin lungfish and amphibians. Fish have a bone called a cleithrum which attaches the back of the skull roof to the scapula. If you look at the skull of Tiktaalik you see that the scapula is detached from the skullroof and the cleithrum is shrinking . If you look at fishopods that are younger than tiktaalik, you see that the cleithrum is almost gone . By the time they become amphibians the skullroof is losing that notch at the back which allows the fishopod more freedom of movement in the neck region . The evolution of amphibians from fish IS the evolution of the neck . Fishopods mostly were shallow water dwellers and they used their fins to move mud and vegetation around, not to walk on land . Dry land walking developed later when they evolved stronger layered gut muscles . We’ve retained that lattice of layered gut muscles even in humans and during fetal development the fact that our skullroof is made up of the same ectoderm derived bone ( it’s not from cartilage which is mesodermal derived bone) as a fish.

Speaking of fish skulls . They have 2 , an outer skullroof which sorta makes up the face and an inner braincase which covers the brain . The braincase is derived from cartilage based bone . Again humans have retained some of this . The cartilage based braincase is at the base of our brain on top of the spine . So not only do we have the fossils but our own bodies demonstrate that common ancestry from fish

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
"just" a tree.... a tree that happens to be exactly what evolution would predict it would be.

but its actually just a general classification (reptiles, mammals, birds etc). we can do that with vehicles too: cars, vans, trucks etc. no evidence for evolution here.

There is no reason to have this specific pattern, in a world where evolution is false.

why not? we cant classify creatures by groups if they were made by design?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We can, but the classification will not reveal a pattern of nested hierarchy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
but its actually just a general classification (reptiles, mammals, birds etc).

No, it's not. Classification has nothing to do with it.
In fact, these genetic relationships, is what has driven the classifications.
Classifications aren't superimposed on species. They are derived from them.

we can do that with vehicles too: cars, vans, trucks etc. no evidence for evolution here.

You can not, as those don't fall in a nested hierarchy, as has been explained to you more times then I can remember.

You can put whatever label on whatever you want, but it will not change the physical and genetic traits of species, nore will it affect the nested hierarchy they fall in.

The pattern is an objective reality that can be observed, measured, mapped. Not something that was "labeled" or "classified".

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
You are.

We aren't.

Nested hierarchies. As if you've never been told this before.... :rolleyes:
but you only showed a general hierarchy: fishes, reptiles, mammals etc.

You can not, as those don't fall in a nested hierarchy, as has been explained to you more times then I can remember.

show me an example and i will show you the same with evolution.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
but you only showed a general hierarchy: fishes, reptiles, mammals etc.

No. I linked you to phylogenetic trees several times.

show me an example and i will show you the same with evolution.

I can't show you examples of things that don't exist.
To my knowledge, only things that develop through evolutionary principles (accumulation of changes over generations) fall into nested hierarchies.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
No. I linked you to phylogenetic trees several times.

here is a phylogenetic tree:

Vertebrata_cladogram2.png

(image from Home)

as you can see its just a general hierarchy: mammals, reptiles etc.

Upvote 0