✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
here is a phylogenetic tree:

Vertebrata_cladogram2.png

(image from Home)

as you can see its just a general hierarchy: mammals, reptiles etc.

It's a hierarchical tree.
Also called a nested hierarchy.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
That "tree" was pulled out of your behind.

That you pretended that it was "just" some "general" hierarchy instead of a nested one.

And his attempts at posting "trees" of vehicles was thoroughly debunked ages ago, yet here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am an Old Earth Creationist and do not believe in what I've learned is macro-evolution; micro-evolution from what I understand is about gene mutation and natural selection and definitely can be observed and documented. Admittedly I am no science expert!

With that said, I am desiring to read some "pro evolution" articles to give me an idea of what most scientists and non-Creationists believe. Right now I'm already in the middle of a few books but if any of you can suggest a layman's book about the topic I'd be open to reading it in the future. My strength is definitely not science so any resources that get real technical are going to be above my head.

This thread is definitely NOT about debate so please refrain from voicing such opinions.
My experience, always go to the source material. It's bumpy in these discussion but if you can get into the abstract and discussion of a peer reviewed scientific paper, that's where the good stuff is. Don't abandon the Scriptures, there are answers that and you don't have to believe in a young earth and still believe God created life some 6,000 years ago. Any questions, I'm available both in the thread and don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A self-replicating robot tree at that. :clap:

You know what I find hilarious about his argument is that he doesn't even realize that he is arguing for theistic evolution. Sure, the FIRST car may be designed, but then they are left to SELF-replicate...

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0