RockOnSistah

•¤ˆ°×†·Amazing·†×ºˆ¤•
Nov 20, 2003
Cincinnati, ohio
Visit site
✟188.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, I'm doing a Research paper in English class and it has to be like 12 pages long. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an interesting topic that I could find a lot of information on. I want to do something interesting, that's not too comman, but that doesn't really matter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mistyfogg

Oct 30, 2003
✟16,534.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You could do research on the tobacco companies. I did a research paper on that and it was the best paper I have ever done. In a paper like that, you could discuss and document the lies and manipulations through the years that the tobacco companies have used on the US. Now they are spreading their market to underdeveloped countries outside the US. If you want to do this topic, let me know, I can give you a lot of references for this!

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I once did a psychological comparison between characters in the Wizard of Oz and everyday people's views/misconceptions of themselves...really easy to do 12+ pages on...plus, you get to watch WOZ & use it as a reference!!!! my proff.loved this paper!
also, one that may be beneficial and one that MAY also hit close to home (you being in high school, I would assume) is the dangerously low self esteem young girls have (whether it be due to portrayals in the media, poor health classes in schools, lack of communication at home,peer pressure etc etc) you could interview your friends and classmates to see how they fare in regard to their self image and how realistic/unrealistic it is.
I don't know...good luck!!!

Upvote 0

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
How about a paper on Jesus' 12 disciples?...the first to receive His Great Commission! That certainly would get you into God's Word!

One page per disciple or maybe 2, leaving room for an intro and conclusion. ;)A biography on each...saying where they were from and what they did before Jesus called them, even how they changed. You could find out the meanings of their names and how they displayed those characteristics in their conduct and actions.

Highlight their shining moments :holy: or not so shining and what could be learned from those instances:idea:

Your paper could be an encouragement, an affirmation, as to the importance of just one life :clap: to the spread of the gospel, whether ministering one to one or to large groups! The disciples did both, showing that each and every person is significant and precious :pink: to God!!!!!!!

Reactions: Grammalamma
Upvote 0