Request for Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

InDenial

Nov 4, 2006
✟7,642.00
Faith
Baptist
I am new to this site. I came here because I don't feel comfortable talking with my church members about a problem I've been having.
Music has always been a crucial part of my walk with Christ. Having started writing music since I was ten, when I was saved as a teenager my heart's desire was to serve God through music.
Last year I was blessed to be asked to help out with worship at my church. It was the most fullfilling experience I recall. After about a year our worship leader left the state. Our new worship leader has talked to me about playing with him, but has never made arrangements for it. Later he had told me that our pastor had said I was too busy to be a part of it, which is absolutely false.
I honestly don't know what to think. Since this happened I have lost nearly all confidence in my musical ability.
I feel like a selfish child, and at service I feel replaced and unwanted. Can anyone think of a solution for this?:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Request a short meeting with the pastor and the music director. This way it can all be resolved right there.

This could easily be a matter of miscommunication. But ewhatever it is, you need to have this conversation with both of them at once and get it worked out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.