✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who is in charge of Congress?
Congress doesn't arrest people. Ttump's DOJ has been working this, and when Biden took office, he let Trump's team stay on the job.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's possible I just don't grasp how to navigate the website, but Matt Gaetz posted that video on March 29, 2022 and I can't find anything in the congressional related to him within a week of that date:
Link 1

Ditto for removing the "Gaetz" filter and replacing it with the keyword "laptop".
Link 2

There was something going on in the Senate on Mar 29 related to Hunter's laptop, but Gaetz isn't a senator.
You'd think Mr. Gaetz would be eager push that bombshell hard drive he got on the record. Oh well.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You'd think Mr. Gaetz would be eager push that bombshell hard drive he got on the record. Oh well.
Maybe he’s learned his lesson and decided to be a little more cautious and discreet with his bombshells. :angel:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I wouldn’t.

I think he is preserving the record for a time when Republicans are in control of Congress.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congress doesn't arrest people. Ttump's DOJ has been working this, and when Biden took office, he let Trump's team stay on the job.
Is this the same “Trump” DOJ that accepted Hillary’s Steele dossier and ran with it knowing it was unverifiable?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is this the same “Trump” DOJ that accepted Hillary’s Steele dossier and ran with it knowing it was unverifiable?
When the questions get too close to the true story, a "whatabouthillary" shows up to save the day!

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think he is preserving the record for a time when Republicans are in control of Congress.
See? I told you back in post #13 to just keep your pants on until then.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, I wouldn’t.

But if it's *actually* on the record it will still be there for their hearings. That doesn't explain why we can't find it in the Congressional Record. (I am not claiming our search has been sufficient, but as I stated before, Gaetz should have publicized some sort of basic link to it.)

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But if it's *actually* on the record it will still be there for their hearings. That doesn't explain why we can't find it in the Congressional Record. (I am not claiming our search has been sufficient, but as I stated before, Gaetz should have publicized some sort of basic link to it.)
That's three times you called question into it being on the record - I presented a video showing it being entered in the record by Matt Gaetz and confirmed by Jerry Nadler after initially objecting.

I'm not sure what other proof you would need to believe that the event actually happened beyond showing it happen.

Your ability to find it is not germane with the reality shown in the video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's three times you called question into it being on the record - I presented a video showing it being entered in the record by Matt Gaetz and confirmed by Jerry Nadler after initially objecting.

I'm not sure what other proof you would need to believe that the event actually happened beyond showing it happen.

Your ability to find it is not germane with the reality shown in the video.

A video of a Representative say "I place this on the record" (and with out objection) is evidence it was put on the record, I just want to see the actual record. If some member places a document on the record, it should be in the public record. We just want to see the link to the record. I'm not calling you, Gaetz, or Nadler a liar.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How are we to do that when the full contents of the laptop aren’t publicly available? Only the FBI and half the right-wing media establishment have seen what’s on there and, while I can understand the FBI not releasing it, why are Rudy and Tucker still holding out?
The NYP did and entire series of articles on what it contains, google it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The NYP did and entire series of articles on what it contains, google it.
Do you really think those of us arguing with you haven’t read the Post coverage of this?

What the NY Post released was a bunch of out of context snippets that may or may not mean anything.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think those of us arguing with you haven’t read the Post coverage of this?

What the NY Post released was a bunch of out of context snippets that may or may not mean anything.
No actually I think that most of those people pretending that they know nothing about what is on the laptop actually know what is there and that it incriminates both him and Joe Biden but they would like to ignore the obvious facts.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No actually I think that most of those people pretending that they know nothing about what is on the laptop actually know what is there and that it incriminates both him and Joe Biden but they would like to ignore the obvious facts.
We certainly haven’t learned from your good self, what was on the hard-drive copy that was made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We certainly haven’t learned from your good self, what was on the hard-drive copy that was made.
Yes I am not much of a hand holder, I expect people to make an effort to learn what they should already know.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes I am not much of a hand holder, I expect people to make an effort to learn what they should already know.
I get it…you know in your heart that you’re “more correct”…therefore you don’t need evidence.
Faith is a wonderful thing and is the basis for trust and altruism, though it becomes less so when applied to politics.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get it…you know in your heart that you’re “more correct”…therefore you don’t need evidence.
Faith is a wonderful thing and is the basis for trust and altruism, though it becomes less so when applied to politics.
I know in my heart where to get information and I know in my mind how to decide what is correct based on the information that is available. BUT what I do not do is expect others to do my research for me I leave that to those who are lazy, uninformed and wish to stay that way.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I know in my heart where to get information and I know in my mind how to decide what is correct based on the information that is available. BUT what I do not do is expect others to do my research for me I leave that to those who are lazy, uninformed and wish to stay that way.
Ahhh yes. The unmistakeable warning signs of Brandolini's Law: "I'm not going to provide my evidence"

As a teacher, I expect my students who make an argument to provide evidence for that argument.
As a human person who would try to pursuade someone of something I believe to be true, I would provide all of my available evidence that I have that they can peruse, comment on, and do with it what one will.

And yet, somehow, adults often do the opposite: See no need to provide evidence for their argument. OR, bother to provide all of their own evidence.

It's REALLY hard for me to believe they actually have any meaningful evidence if folks aren't willing to provide it. What's difficult to abide, however, is calling me "lazy and uninformed" because you don't see an obligation in providing meaningful support for your position.

If you don't provide your evidence, it is YOU who is lazy....not me.

Upvote 0