Middle TN
✟72,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's been almost 2000 years...the majority don't seem to have been steered in the right direction so far.

The majority is right where they are supposed to be. Rem, God is in control.... As the "end of days' winds down, prophecies are beginning to be fulfilled noting the last generation (20 years of age), who will see the coming of the LORD.

Blade

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have yet to deal, seriously, which the passages I posted.
Christians believe that Jesus Christ is Israel - Matthew says
Matthew 2:13-15 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him." 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt I called my son."​
And Paul teaches that Christians are united with Jesus Christ
Romans 6:1-14 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For one who has died has been set free from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. 10 For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. 11 So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. 14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.​
And Paul teaches that because of their union with Jesus Christ Christians have become the body of Christ
Romans 12:3-8 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. 6 Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; 7 if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

1 Corinthians 12:12-31 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For in one Spirit we were all baptised into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit. 14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 15 If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," that would not make it any less a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? 18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. 19 If all were a single member, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you," nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honourable we bestow the greater honour, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honour to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honoured, all rejoice together. 27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way.​
Paul explains that the body of Christ is the church.
Colossians 1:24-29 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, 26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. 29 For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Saviour. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.​
And Paul teaches that Christ is the seed of Abraham to whom the promises were given.
Galatians 3:15-29 To give a human example, brethren: no one annuls even a man's will, or adds to it, once it has been ratified. 16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, "And to offsprings," referring to many; but, referring to one, "And to your offspring," which is Christ. 17 This is what I mean: the law, which came four hundred and thirty years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. 18 For if the inheritance is by the law, it is no longer by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise. 19 Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made; and it was ordained by angels through an intermediary. 20 Now an intermediary implies more than one; but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not; for if a law had been given which could make alive, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. 22 But the scripture consigned all things to sin, that what was promised to faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 Now before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed. 24 So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptised into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.​
This is theology, the story of God making himself heir of the promises so that God can make those in Christ - that is to say, the church - into heirs of the promises because by incorporation into Christ they become heirs with Christ and share in the divine nature through Christ.

This ought to be elementary teaching to any Christian. It ought not need to be reiterated here. It is "the milk of the word of God" not the meat, but it looks like it needs to be repeated again because some have decided to forget it and pretend that gentiles want to replace Jews as God's chosen people when the truth is that God's chosen is Jesus Christ and always was and always will be thus outside of Christ there is no salvation and without faith in Jesus Christ there is no hope and no promises. Christ is the yes and the amen of all God's promises.
2 Corinthians 1:18-22 As surely as God is faithful, our word to you has not been Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we preached among you, Silva'nus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No; but in him it is always Yes. 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why we utter the Amen through him, to the glory of God. 21 But it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has commissioned us; 22 he has put his seal upon us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.​
Are you confused? As I said in my post #105, where did I state Ephraim/Israel is NOT united in Christ with gentiles or Judah? Where did I state that this union is not the body of Christ? I think you fighting with the wind because you’ve mistaken me as a dispensationalist. You might actually want to READ what I write before making comments!

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you aware that the "biological descendants" of Abraham who were the 12 tribes of Israel no longer exist?

The 10 tribes were absorbed / destroyed by the Assyrians.
Judah and Benjamin went into captivity in Babylon. The Edomites (descendants of Esau) were the ones who replaced them in the land. (Archeological finds tell us that.)

Benjamin was the only tribe that survived fairly intact coming back from the Babylonian captivity until Christ came. And the only lines of Judah that survived were the lines that produced Christ.

Most of the "Jews" in the 1st century were actually mixed Edomite / Greek lineage. The Samaritans were another mixed race of people; Jews, Babylonians and Greeks.

The Jews and Benjamites left in Jerusalem by the end of the 1st century, either converted to Christianity and left the area or were destroyed by the Romans.

The Samaritans were destroyed by the Byzantine empire about 400 years later.

The Human Genome Project found that of the entire "Jewish" population today, less than 1% actually have DNA that could possibly trace back to Abraham. It's hard to tell which lines though because the Edomites and the Arabs have the same DNA markers.
For man it’s hard to tell, but not for God.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would be wasting time. Mostly your own.

I know what progressive revelation means and how it is rightly applied but the way you're using the term is not rightly applying it.
It’s clear to me you don’t know what progressive revelation means; how’s that for a response? You might actually want to READ what I write before making comments.

• Haha
Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether British Israelism, or the Dispensational Zionism espoused by many if not most Baptists, both are characterized by RB (Replacement Biology).

Both of which are thus in repudiation of Scripture's exclusive covenantal conditions and criteria of faith and obedience; and in repudiation of the scientific reality of genetic ubiquity.

Both of which are thus dogmas of arrogance and ignorance.
Supersessionism has formed a core tenet of the Christian Churches for the majority of its existence. Christian traditions that have traditionally championed Covenant Theology (including the Roman Catholic, Reformed and Methodist teachings of this doctrine), have taught that the moral law continues to stand. Supersessionism - Wikipedia

I don’t see where you’ve refuted this evidence that RT been around for a long time; the Roman Church started it and apostate Protestantism imbibed it. And to take the onus off themselves they try and accuse the theology of the two houses of Israel as a cult, like the pot calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures reject any born of Abraham's DNA who are not circumcised reducing them to gentiles. Circumcision, not blood, made one a Jew.
There were numerous markers that separated Israel from the gentiles. These markers adopted them in glory and the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises (Romans 9:4). And while Christ made the gentiles fellow citizens with Israel by annulling these markers (Ephesian 2:11-19) this did not do away with the prophecies and promises that Christ would use the descendants of Abraham to bless the gentiles, which is what my doctrine affirms, while exposing RT’s falsehoods.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abraham lived in the promise land and recognized that he was a stranger and exile on earth.
Even when Abraham lived in the promise land, AS IN A FOREIGN LAND, he was seeking a homeland. If he had been thinking of the land of UR he could have had an opportunity to return, but he desired a better country, a heavenly one.

Hebrews 11:9, 13-16 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

David, while being king and living in the promise land, recognized that he was a stranger and sojourner, just as ALL HIS FATHERS were.

1 chronicles 29:15 For we are strangers before you and sojourners, as all our fathers were. Our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no abiding.

The Ezekiel temple is where God's throne is and where his feet rest. The Ezekiel temple is where God dwells with us forever, whether we are in heaven, his throne or on earth, his footstool.

Ezekiel 43:6-7 While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple, and He said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place for the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the Israelites forever.

Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool.

Paul states when our earthly home is destroyed we have a building from God IN the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:1-5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by putting it ona we may not be found naked. For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Paul states our citizenship is IN heaven.
Phillipians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior

The disciples didn't understand what the OT said about Jesus until Jesus opened their minds to understanding it. All they could understand was a superficial reading of scriptures.

Luke 24:44-45 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

The Spirit reveals the true spiritual intentions of OT scripture. Spiritual truths that we could not see, hear, or imagine by superficially reading the OT scriptures.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God

1 Corinthians 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

Progressive revelation does not mean that the Spirit is revealing something new that wasn't in the OT before, progressive revelation is the understanding of the true spiritual intention of OT scripture that was always there.

A superficial reading leads one to believe that the same land of Israel that Abraham saw with his own eyes is the true promise land for Christians.

Genesis 3:15 for all the land that you see I will give to you and to your offspring forever.

Even though God promised that no eye has seen what He has prepared for us.

A superficial reading cannot explain that Christ is the heir of the promise(s): PLURAL.

Galatians 3:16 the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.

The earth is the Lord's and Christ is the Lord. thus the earth, which includes Israel, is Christ's, which fulfills the promise to Abraham, that the land would be to his offspring forever.

1 Corinthians 10:26 For “the earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof.”

Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

I pretty much agree with most of you post, claninja, or whatever your true name might be, with the exception of your take on 2 Corinthians 5 and Philippians 3. In the former, Paul is speaking of the “temporal body” versus the “glorified body,” the latter we receive at the last trumpet.

1 Corinthians 15:
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. KJV​

Philippians 2 must yet agree with Revelation 5:9-10, as the scripture cannot conflict with themselves.

Revelation 5:
9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,
10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." ESV​

The Greek tenses in verse often denote the accomplishment of an act yet consummated in the future. In Christ our citizenship is already in heaven but heaven is coming here is stages to be consummated when the Father ultimately tabernacles with man in Revelation 21:3. Christ did convey “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven” in Matthew 6:10 that substantiates that Christ’s kingdom is on earth as Revelation 5:10 states, above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were numerous markers that separated Israel from the gentiles. These markers adopted them in glory and the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises (Romans 9:4). And while Christ made the gentiles fellow citizens with Israel by annulling these markers (Ephesian 2:11-19) this did not do away with the prophecies and promises that Christ would use the descendants of Abraham to bless the gentiles, which is what my doctrine affirms, while exposing RT’s falsehoods.
Paul says Jesus is Abraham's seed along with believers in him = there are no physical Jews or Israel beyond believers in Christ. After Calvary, when Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, the Apostles ministered to the last generation of physical Jews. When they died off, only believing Israel remained.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul says Jesus is Abraham's seed along with believers in him = there are no physical Jews or Israel beyond believers in Christ. After Calvary, when Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, the Apostles ministered to the last generation of physical Jews. When they died off, only believing Israel remained.

The revelation/mystery is that the gentiles are fellow heirs in Christ through the assistance of the biological descendants of Abraham, the latter being the original intent of Genesis 22:18. Paul revealed the singular sense of “seed" in Galatian 3:16 but he also reaffirms the “collective” sense in Galatians 3:29. Genesis 22:18 makes a clear distinction between the collective sense of seed and the gentiles. In the collective sense of the word “seed” cannot be the gentiles; the gentiles cannot be blessed through the gentiles and maintain grammatical integrity; they are blessed by the seed, and in the collective sense of Genesis 22:18 the seed represents the biological descendants of Abraham.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Supersessionism has formed a core tenet of the Christian Churches for the majority of its existence. Christian traditions that have traditionally championed Covenant Theology (including the Roman Catholic, Reformed and Methodist teachings of this doctrine), have taught that the moral law continues to stand. Supersessionism - Wikipedia

I don’t see where you’ve refuted this evidence that RT been around for a long time; the Roman Church started it and apostate Protestantism imbibed it. And to take the onus off themselves they try and accuse the theology of the two houses of Israel as a cult, like the pot calling the kettle black.

Recognition of the true Church as the New Covenant Israel long preceded the Roman Catholic church.

Irenaeus, Against Heresies, Book 5

Thus, then, the promise of God, which He gave to Abraham, remains stedfast...For his seed is the Church, which receives the adoption to God through the Lord, as John the Baptist said: "For God is able from the stones to raise up children to Abraham."(9) Thus also the apostle says in the Epistle to the Galatians: "But ye, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of the promise."(10) And again, in the same Epistle, he plainly declares that they who have believed in Christ do receive Christ, the promise to Abraham thus saying, "The promises were spoken to Abraham, and to his seed. Now He does not say, And of seeds, as if [He spake] of many, but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Chapter 135

As, therefore, Christ is the Israel and the Jacob, even so we, who have been quarried out from the bowels of Christ, are the true Israelitic race.

No RB to be seen there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Israel was comprised of both Jews and Gentiles from its beginning. (Genesis 17:12). Every “marker” in Scripture was predicated upon faith and obedience, and nowhere in Scripture were any covenant blessings or promises withheld from any Gentile who was faithful and obedient. Conversely, biology was never an antidote for unfaithfulness and disobedience, to which the corpses of thousands of dead unfaithful disobedient biological Israelites attest.

God has never permitted, and will never permit, the racialization of His covenants.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
For man it’s hard to tell, but not for God.

God doesn't care about what DNA you have as an elect believer. If DNA was actually what made men "chosen" - Jesus would have produced His own children in the flesh. That would have been much easier than going to the cross!

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The revelation/mystery is that the gentiles are fellow heirs in Christ through the assistance of the biological descendants of Abraham, the latter being the original intent of Genesis 22:18. Paul revealed the singular sense of “seed" in Galatian 3:16 but he also reaffirms the “collective” sense in Galatians 3:29. Genesis 22:18 makes a clear distinction between the collective sense of seed and the gentiles. In the collective sense of the word “seed” cannot be the gentiles; the gentiles cannot be blessed through the gentiles and maintain grammatical integrity; they are blessed by the seed, and in the collective sense of Genesis 22:18 the seed represents the biological descendants of Abraham.
This does not add up. Circumcision not blood made anyone, Abraham's covenant seed. If not circumcised they were cut off even if they had Abraham's DNA. After Jesus abolished circumcision they were all cut off after that last generation died off. The only remaining Israel are those who accept Jesus.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The thing to remember is that God does have secrets, things hidden from us in His good wisdom.
1 Corinthians 2:7
God promised to the Patriarchs that their descendants would inherit the holy Land. Genesis 15:18, Genesis 28:4 I am sure that they thought He meant their children's children.

It is of great interest to me to read many books on the subject of the 10 Lost Tribes of the House of Israel. Some say they have been absorbed into Judah; that's easily refuted. Or lost forever; not according to the Bible.
We know that it has always been possible for anyone to become an Israelite of God. The Ethiopian eunuch is a good example. Acts 8:27
So God will fulfil His promise to the Patriarchs, I believe both literally and spiritually.

Nearly 4000 years ago, God met with Abraham and made an irrevocable Covenant with him: that his descendants would inherit all that area from the Nile to the Euphrates. Genesis 15:6-20
Later, after the incident at Mt Moriah, Genesis 22:15-18, God promised to make his descendants as numerous as the sands of the sea and they would possess the cities of their enemies.

Immediately, we see the problem with those who say that the Jewish people are all of Israel, because the Jews, who are only 2 of the 12 tribes of the sons of Jacob, have never been really numerous, or have been conquerors. We see this difference again in the blessings given to the tribes by Jacob: Genesis 48 & 49 and Moses: Deuteronomy 33. Note particularly in Genesis 48:3-4….I shall make you fruitful and increase your descendants until they become a host of nations.

This truth completely removes any idea of the Jewish State of Israel being the sole inheritors of the holy Land. In fact they only occupy a small portion of it and Bible prophecy is clear: because of their apostasy and sins, they will be thrown out. Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7 Amos 2:4-5, +

There can be no argument as to who it will be that does inherit all of the holy Land: it is those whom Jesus came to save: the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Matthew 15:24 They are the people descended from the 10 tribes that were taken into exile by the Assyrians and have lost the knowledge of their ancestry. Paul talks about this secret of God in Ephesians 3:1-6, where he refers to them as Gentiles. i.e. non Jews.

The Apostles and Josephus knew where they were. Of course the Jews knew about their kin, as we see in John 7:35 and their Rabbis still speculate as to when the tribes will rejoin.

The remnant of Judah, the Messianic Jews, will rejoin with their Christian brothers at the great spiritual regeneration described in Ezekiel 37, Romans 9:24-26

Galatians 3:14 God’s purpose in all of this, is so that the Blessings of Abraham should be extended to the Gentiles, so that we can all receive the Spirit through faith.

Ezekiel 11:15-20 The whole people of Israel [the 10 tribes] to whom Judah [the Jews] have said: The Land is now ours to possess. The Lord says: When I sent Israel far away around the world, for a while I was their protector and blessed them wherever they lived. I shall gather My people from their dispersion and give the Land of Israel to them. I will remove their hearts of stone and put a new spirit in them. They will be My people and I will be their God.

This prophecy says how the Jews believe the holy Land is their possession. But the Lord will give it to His righteous Christian people, the peoples who have been blessed with prosperity and strength. They will be joined by born again Christians from every race, nation and language. Isaiah 56:1-8, Revelation 5:9-10

This will happen soon after the forthcoming Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath:
Ezekiel 20:34 By My outpoured wrath, I shall bring you out from the nations and gather you from wherever you are dispersed.
Isaiah 41:8-10 Have no fear, My people - the descendants of My friend, Abraham. Galatians 3:29 I have not rejected you, now I summon you from the four corners of the earth; I am with you and will give you strength.

But not all of those whom God knows are actual Israelites, Amos 9:9, will be allowed to enter the holy Land:
Ezekiel 20:35-38 I shall bring you out of the nations and I shall state My case against you. I shall make you pass under the Rod of Judgement. Just as I did in the wilderness of Egypt, so I shall indict you. I will count you as you enter, but those who revolt and rebel, I shall take them from the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot in the holy Land. Thus you will know I am the Lord.

These are plainly stated prophesies, not yet fulfilled, but surely will be.

• Agree
Reactions: Jerryhuerta
Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recognition of the true Church as the New Covenant Israel long preceded the Roman Catholic church.

Irenaeus, Against Heresies, Book 5

Thus, then, the promise of God, which He gave to Abraham, remains stedfast...For his seed is the Church, which receives the adoption to God through the Lord, as John the Baptist said: "For God is able from the stones to raise up children to Abraham."(9) Thus also the apostle says in the Epistle to the Galatians: "But ye, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of the promise."(10) And again, in the same Epistle, he plainly declares that they who have believed in Christ do receive Christ, the promise to Abraham thus saying, "The promises were spoken to Abraham, and to his seed. Now He does not say, And of seeds, as if [He spake] of many, but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Chapter 135

As, therefore, Christ is the Israel and the Jacob, even so we, who have been quarried out from the bowels of Christ, are the true Israelitic race.

No RB to be seen there.

But they still acknowledge that there was a future restoration for biological descendants. Citing Justin Martyr,

And what the people of the Jews shall say and do, when they see Him coming in glory, has been thus predicted by Zechariah the prophet: “I will command the four winds to gather the scattered children; I will command the north wind to bring them, and the south wind, that it keep not back. And then in Jerusalem there shall be great lamentation, not the lamentation of mouths or of lips, but the lamentation of the heart; and they shall rend not their garments, but their hearts. Tribe by tribe they shall mourn, and then they shall look on Him whom they have pierced; and they shall say, Why, O Lord, hast Thou made us to err from Thy way? The glory which our fathers blessed, has for us been turned into shame.” Justin, First Apology 52, ANF 1:180.​

This is not the supersessionism of the Roman church in that the ante-Nicene's still acknowledged the covenant promises of the biological descendants and the Messianic kingdom in the age to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Supersessionism has formed a core tenet of the Christian Churches for the majority of its existence. Christian traditions that have traditionally championed Covenant Theology (including the Roman Catholic, Reformed and Methodist teachings of this doctrine), have taught that the moral law continues to stand. I don’t see where you’ve refuted this evidence that RT been around for a long time; the Roman Church started it and apostate Protestantism imbibed it. And to take the onus off themselves they try and accuse the theology of the two houses of Israel as a cult, like the pot calling the kettle black.
Protestantism was apostate?!! Define "apostate"............

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This does not add up. Circumcision not blood made anyone, Abraham's covenant seed. If not circumcised they were cut off even if they had Abraham's DNA. After Jesus abolished circumcision they were all cut off after that last generation died off. The only remaining Israel are those who accept Jesus.

Abraham's descendants were the only ones that were born as heirs to the covenants. And none of them were saved by circumcision, or have you not read Romans 4. Their works, keeping the law, followed their faith; they were saved by faith in the Redeemer to come and God ordained their obedience to the law (Ephesians 2:10). Furthermore, the abolishment of the Mosaic covenant, the end of the need of circumcision, did not end the promises to Israel. You do know that the law Paul is talking about below is the Mosaic covenant, right?

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:17-19​

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel was comprised of both Jews and Gentiles from its beginning. (Genesis 17:12). Every “marker” in Scripture was predicated upon faith and obedience, and nowhere in Scripture were any covenant blessings or promises withheld from any Gentile who was faithful and obedient. Conversely, biology was never an antidote for unfaithfulness and disobedience, to which the corpses of thousands of dead unfaithful disobedient biological Israelites attest.

God has never permitted, and will never permit, the racialization of His covenants.

Your confusing racialization with the promises to Israel.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:17-19

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Protestantism was apostate?!! Define "apostate"............
See my posts on the Historicist's threads.
Put a links up to your posts on apostate Protestantism.

Upvote 0