Marital Status
Married
Can be, yes -- like David prayed in Psalm 139 --

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139 NIV

(such a wonderful psalm, and so very recommended for those that haven't yet read/heard this jewel, or not in recent years, or recent months :) )

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟778,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When we first come to faith in Christ, we repent of our sins and receive His forgiveness.
But it is not a one-off. We are called to a new life of faithfulness and obedience.

But none of us is perfect, and no matter how many years we have been in the faith, sometimes we mess up and get things wrong.

There are different ways we can say sorry to God. We can do it in the quiet of our own prayer time, or praying together with a trusted friend. Some churches have a form of penitence as part of the service and some Christians find it helpful to confess their sins to a minister or priest so they can pray with them. Whatever way we confess our sins to God, the most important thing is to do it. Unconfessed sins can be a major stumbling block for growing in our faith.

The good news is that if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous and He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins (1 John 2.1).

When we come to Him in faith and say we are sorry, we can be absolutely assured of His forgiveness.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bible-Verses-About-Repentance-Turn-to-God-and-Turn-From-Evil.jpg

thank you Lord

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Repentence is not just a one off experience,but an ongoing attitude.

A day without repentance is like
a day without sunshine.
Repent should have been my middle name.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But none of us is perfect, and no matter how many years we have been in the faith, sometimes we mess up and get things wrong.
That's according to the English / American definition of "perfect", not accurate with Scripture.

Think for comparison how many parents with a 3 year old exlaim how perfect their child is.

Or how many misled sports fans jump and shout and holler that some player(s) are perfect ! ?

The Israelites were told the truth* by Yahuweh. He cannot lie.

The disciples were taught the truth** by Yahushua. He cannot lie.

* "you must be holy for I am holy"
**"you must be perfect, for your heavenly Father is perfect"

So it is not only possible, but was accomplished as written , and is still required.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟778,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That's according to the English / American definition of "perfect", not accurate with Scripture.

Think for comparison how many parents with a 3 year old exlaim how perfect their child is.

Or how many misled sports fans jump and shout and holler that some player(s) are perfect ! ?

The Israelites were told the truth* by Yahuweh. He cannot lie.

The disciples were taught the truth** by Yahushua. He cannot lie.

* "you must be holy for I am holy"
**"you must be perfect, for your heavenly Father is perfect"

So it is not only possible, but was accomplished as written , and is still required.
Hello yeshuaslavejeff
Yes you made a good point here. I guess another word for perfect could be 'exemplary' or 'unerring'. Would that sound better? :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hello yeshuaslavejeff
Yes you made a good point here. I guess another word for perfect could be 'exemplary' or 'unerring'. Would that sound better? :)
smile .... good try, in the right direction....

A child might err.

A sports athlete might often err.

They could each still be called "perfect" in English countries/ and properly so , as perfect in such instances does not require perfection, nor unerring behaviour....

Being as good as they can be, even accounting for stumbling or tripping or getting a cut or a scrape, is closer I think --- and even after
something that might require and result in disciplinary action, they can again "be perfect" simply by doing their whole-hearted best,
as God requires of us. (whole-hearted devotion, service and obedience)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.