"Religitics": Should God Play a Part in Politics?

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am all for god being in politics, so long as it shows up in person to make its views known and cast its vote.

1) how can God be for a capitalistic society that social climate has created an extreme materialistic society.

2) how can God support politicians that on paper are anti gay marriage but behind close doors are gay

3) how can God support people that support chase power compromise his word to push their own agenda

4) how can support politicans that believe in abortion

5) how can God support politicans that want to take away a woman's choice

I can go on and on. The fact is God is control but politics are no place for Christians, real believers in Christ.

The only way I see God in politics is if the country that ran similar to early Hebrews. Church and state being one and the same.

Upvote 0

GrizzlyMonKeH

Chemical Engineering Undergraduate
Jul 23, 2012
Iowa State University
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1) how can God be for a capitalistic society that social climate has created an extreme materialistic society.

2) how can God support politicians that on paper are anti gay marriage but behind close doors are gay

3) how can God support people that support chase power compromise his word to push their own agenda

I don't understand. Explain to me how general participation in politics requires supporting these things.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't understand. Explain to me how general participation in politics requires supporting these things.

If you pick a party and identify yourself with their ideals and believe in their agenda in some ways you have to denounce your beliefs to Christ.

Both parties are equally carnal in ideology if you pick one you support both positive and negatives of both parties.

There isn't a party for Christians true believers.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If a politician believes in God, then God will likely inform that politician's views. No objection to that. But her official duties must be directed at the secular concerns of all her constituents, and she should give no preference to any particular religion, nor show favoritism to religious belief over non-belief.

Upvote 0

GrizzlyMonKeH

Jul 23, 2012
Iowa State University
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you pick a party and identify yourself with their ideals and believe in their agenda in some ways you have to denounce your beliefs to Christ.

Both parties are equally carnal in ideology if you pick one you support both positive and negatives of both parties.

There isn't a party for Christians true believers.

Who says one must choose republican or democrat in order to participate in politics?

Also, if this is so, why are you a democrat? (I'm assuming based on your icon underneath your name")

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Were your deity, or any deity, to show up and make its opinions know in person as I said in my post you could have your answers.

The only way I see God in politics is if the country that ran similar to early Hebrews. Church and state being one and the same.

No thank you, I am not a fan of totalitarianism.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who says one must choose republican or democrat in order to participate in politics?

Also, if this is so, why are you a democrat? (I'm assuming based on your icon underneath your name")

I was a democrate when I was naive and ignorant to the reality of politics of America. However know that I know the truth I am neither.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Were your deity, or any deity, to show up and make its opinions know in person as I said in my post you could have your answers.

No thank you, I am not a fan of totalitarianism.

I don't believe in a "deity" I believe in the son God who died on the cross for my sins. I don't believe in religion that is as man made as poverty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrizzlyMonKeH

Jul 23, 2012
Iowa State University
✟8,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was a democrate when I was naive and ignorant to the reality of politics of America. However know that I know the truth I am neither.

So am I. But I'm still going to vote for what I believe to be the lesser of two evils. And you should do the same. It's our responsibility as citizens and as Christians.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If a politician believes in God, then God will likely inform that politician's views. No objection to that. But her official duties must be directed at the secular concerns of all her constituents, and she should give no preference to any particular religion, nor show favoritism to religious belief over non-belief.

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:14-16 KJV)

It's impossible to be a participant of the secular world and a participant of the kingdom.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: (Matthew 6:24-28 KJV)

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So am I. But I'm still going to vote for what I believe to be the lesser of two evils. And you should do the same. It's our responsibility as citizens and as Christians.

How is it my responsibility as a Christian to vote for an evil? Do I owe America something? Do I owe America my vote?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe in a "deity" I believe in the son God who died on the cross for my sins. I don't believe in religion that is as man made as poverty.

You may call your deity whatever you like, should it ever show up it can join in on the political process. It may run into voter registration issue due to country of origin an all...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You may call your deity whatever you like, should it ever show up it can join in on the political process. It may run into voter registration issue due to country of origin an all...

Don't mock God your probably one of those smug atheists

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus could not vote based on current American law. That's not mockery.

If you read below

Then you would understand the mockery of God being made. I do believe that the mockery was understood by all. I mean my 5 year old cousin understand when someone is being made fun of.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then you would understand the mockery of God being made. I do believe that the mockery was understood by all. I mean my 5 year old cousin understand when someone is being made fun of.

Is there some exception in US law allowing for religious figures from other countries the right to vote that I am unaware of?

Upvote 0