✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Let's get this straight though.
Seeing as monogamous mammals have to have more than 2 children on average to maintain the population , Women on average have more than 2 children to bring forth and bring up.
This is the most important thing in their lives, their bodies are made for this, only women can do this.
That is, in the ideal situation of a married couple having kids and live together as a family.

The idea that this is a low position in life is nonsensical.
Oddly, respect for mothers and support for the role of motherhood is one of the things that people at all points on the political spectrum seem to agree on, albeit in different ways.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
2. Egalitarianism ( the view of many Lutherans including myself ) the view that because men and women are equal , there should be no gener roles imposed , in or outside the church

3. Feminism the view that goes farther then the first two
Wait, how does it go further than that (on the matter of gender roles)?
<Staff Edit>
Do we now? That's news to me. I want six kids or so, personally. What study found that? I haven't read it, you'll have to link me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jane_the_Bane
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
It's bizarre to hear what some people associate with feminism these days.
I mean, where do they even get those ideas?

"I want women and men to have equal rights, but I'm not a feminist."
Yes. Yes, you are. Very much so.
That is literally the dictionary definition of the term.

Don't believe me? Here, take a look:

feminist
adjective, Sometimes, feministic
advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.
noun
an advocate of such rights. (source)

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Right wing talking heads and church leaders, of course.

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait, how does it go further than that (on the matter of gender roles)?

Do we now? That's news to me. I want six kids or so, personally. What study found that? I haven't read it, you'll have to link me.

Christian feminism goes farther in that it's view of Abrahamic history is negative instead of balanced , Christian egalitarians and complementarians hold to a more balanced view of history . It's theology is also more moderate .

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

"I want women and men to have equal rights, but I'm not a feminist."
Yes. Yes, you are. Very much so.
That is literally the dictionary definition of the term.

Don't believe me? Here, take a look:

feminist
adjective, Sometimes, feministic
advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.
noun
an advocate of such rights. (source)

Not necessarily , as their are other movement who do the same , humanism for example

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not necessarily , as their are other movement who do the same , humanism for example

Silly really. If people want to shove labels down others throats it should go both ways. While meninism is a spoof movement, I don't see why we can't make menism an official definition that means equality between the sexes.

So when people go, "I believe in equality" and others are like "well then you're a feminist like me" then you can respond with "you're a meninist too." Then they might respond with dissatisfaction. And you can be like "Huh? You don't like having labels shoved down your throat too?"

And I guess feminist and MRA hybrids exist, lol.

Although sometimes I think the best way to fight feminist hypocrisy is from within, so yeah maybe adopting the feminist title would be worthwhile, lol. Call me a feminist, I still won't coddle you or feed into your persecution fetish. I'd suspect most feminists would be like "ok you're not a feminist just get out of our movement!" lol.

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Silly really. If people want to shove labels down others throats it should go both ways. While meninism is a spoof movement, I don't see why we can't make menism an official definition that means equality between the sexes.

So when people go, "I believe in equality" and others are like "well then you're a feminist like me" then you can respond with "you're a meninist too." Then they might respond with dissatisfaction. And you can be like "Huh? You don't like having labels shoved down your throat too?"

And I guess feminist and MRA hybrids exist, lol.

Although sometimes I think the best way to fight feminist hypocrisy is from within, so yeah maybe adopting the feminist title would be worthwhile, lol. Call me a feminist, I still won't coddle you or feed into your persecution fetish. I'd suspect most feminists would be like "ok you're not a feminist just get out of our movement!" lol.
Since when do I have a persecution fetish ??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since when do I have a persecution fetish ??

Are you even a feminist?

Obviously not all feminist have persecution fetishes, although I've met enough to warrant it a realistic label.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blatantly false from a historical standpoint , and anyway both genders submit to Christ , the Scriptures teach mutual submission , patriarchy is Heterodox

Excellent post!!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sklyer you can't paint all feminists with the same brush.

If you want to not be a feminist that's fine, personally I think feminism is generally too toxic to be worthwhile and adopting the term myself wouldn't be a productive move, but I also acknowledge that some decent feminists do exist and that feminism can come in all different shapes and sizes.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think the old school feminists had more of a hatred for men.
I agree. Some of their statements shock me, but I try to remember that an American woman 50 years ago had been through a lot more than I'll ever know. It may have indeed seemed that men were inherently a problem. My quality of life as a woman is relatively fantastic because of their anger and refusal to let the problems persist.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All,

I have been married to the same wonderful woman for 47 years. We have always considered ourselves to be entirely equal partners in our marriage, in our parenting (and grandparenting) and in life itself. We have never thought of believing any particularly human ideology, but realize that God joined us together in love. We are together as one, with Christ Jesus as our Lord.

Anyone who can't understand what the joining of male and female as equals truly means doesn't have the Holy Spirit given by God that will lead us into all truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Women, can you imagine being in any kind of relationship with this guy??
Of course not. I wasn't going to bring this up, because I always seek to take the high road and this is really beside the matter at hand, but since you asked. :p I wouldn't let anyone who talks this way be around any children who are in my care, much less father them.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course not. I wasn't going to bring this up, because I always seek to take the high road and this is really beside the matter at hand, but since you asked. :p I wouldn't let anyone who talks this way be around any children who are in my care, much less father them.

Great!!

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Clean Mod hat.jpg

REOPENING
Please post
according to the rules
or it will be permanently
CLOSED​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.