Stafford
✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Latins, and later the British (both of whom, through the Papacy are usually considered to be Barlaamites), saw that A. making the Orthodox Barlaamites would make them be more willing to cooperate with them because of a lessening of theological conflict that would occur. B. The effects of Barlaamisim were destabalizing allowing for Western religion and Western political influence to better penetrate Orthodox regions. C. There was probably some idea of enlightening the Orthodox with 'superior Western theology.' It's kinda straightforward, really.

Upvote 0

BernardPyron

May 10, 2021
Rolla, Missouri
✟8,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I was looking for the name of a guy who was on the Alex Jones Show a few times recently - in September of 2022 - and appeared to be talking about dispensationalist end time prophecy. Today I came across the name Jay Dyer and a photo of this guy. This Jay Dyer may be the one I was looking for. Has anyone on this forum listened to Jay Dyer on the Alex Jones Show talking about end time dispensationalist prophecy? Sometimes people cite dispensationalist end time prophecy and do not know what they are saying is from dispensationalism and not necessary from Scripture. For example, dispensationalists focus a great deal on the Antichrist as a one man figure who is to appear in the end times. But - in 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 7 says there were many antichrists at the time John wrote, I John 4: 3 writes about the spirit of Anti-Christ and 2 John 7 says there are many antichrists, not one as dispensationalism says

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was looking for the name of a guy who was on the Alex Jones Show a few times recently - in September of 2022 - and appeared to be talking about dispensationalist end time prophecy. Today I came across the name Jay Dyer and a photo of this guy. This Jay Dyer may be the one I was looking for. Has anyone on this forum listened to Jay Dyer on the Alex Jones Show talking about end time dispensationalist prophecy? Sometimes people cite dispensationalist end time prophecy and do not know what they are saying is from dispensationalism and not necessary from Scripture. For example, dispensationalists focus a great deal on the Antichrist as a one man figure who is to appear in the end times. But - in 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 7 says there were many antichrists at the time John wrote, I John 4: 3 writes about the spirit of Anti-Christ and 2 John 7 says there are many antichrists, not one as dispensationalism says

I don't think Dyer has ever been on AJ's show.

Upvote 0

BernardPyron

May 10, 2021
Rolla, Missouri
✟8,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think Dyer has ever been on AJ's show.
Yesterday I found a clip of Jay Dyer on a recent Alex Jones Show. Jay Dyer on Infowars: The Great Reset = The Bilderberg Illuminati Takeover Plan But this is not the clip in which Jay Dyer on the Alex Jones Show talks about end time dispensationalist prophecy. I have not found that clip yet. And I still do not know much about the biography of this Jay Dyer, for example where he went to college. He appears to be college educated, maybe having a Master's or Doctorate level degree. And - is he a follower of dispensatrionalism, in some ways? If so, does that suggest that Alex Jones follows dispensationalism in some ways? I think that Alex Jones cannot be clearly seen to be a dispensationalist, but does agree in some ways with dispensationalist theology.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I found a clip of Jay Dyer on a recent Alex Jones Show. Jay Dyer on Infowars: The Great Reset = The Bilderberg Illuminati Takeover Plan But this is not the clip in which Jay Dyer on the Alex Jones Show talks about end time dispensationalist prophecy. I have not found that clip yet. And I still do not know much about the biography of this Jay Dyer, for example where he went to college. He appears to be college educated, maybe having a Master's or Doctorate level degree. And - is he a follower of dispensatrionalism, in some ways? If so, does that suggest that Alex Jones follows dispensationalism in some ways? I think that Alex Jones cannot be clearly seen to be a dispensationalist, but does agree in some ways with dispensationalist theology.

Okay, well if he was on Infowars recently, that's new to me. Dyers views on eschatology is Orthodox. He has never espoused dispensationalism to my knowledge. Orthodox eschatology is that we've been in the end times since Ascension, and that Revelation can be read as cyclic. Many-a-Babylon have rose and fell through the ages.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

BernardPyron

May 10, 2021
Rolla, Missouri
✟8,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, well if he was on Infowars recently, that's new to me. Dyers views on eschatology is Orthodox. He has never espoused dispensationalism to my knowledge. Orthodox eschatology is that we've been in the end times since Ascension, and that Revelation can be read as cyclic. Many-a-Babylon have rose and fell through the ages.

OK. Dyers was on the Alex Jones Show just now. It took me quite a while to deal with a problem on this site - my Password was not accepted. Though I had the last accepted password written in a notebook, it was just now rejected. Something may not be working right. So, when I get back to the Alex Jones Show, Dyers will probably be finished for today.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Revelation can be read as cyclic. Many-a-Babylon have rose and fell through the ages.

Fr Hopko would say every generation has its dragon, its beast, and its 666.

• Agree
Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
HOLY SENSELESS THREAD NECROMANCY, BATMAN!!!!

fr.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cody J Dunbar

Cody-Gregory
Oct 19, 2022
Harrisburg, PA
✟13,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He is solid. Many people don't like his ego or personality, but if you can get past that, his understanding of theology and philosophy is top-notch. I watch his stuff occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend listening to him exclusively. I also don't recommend his stuff to inquirers or catechumens because he can drive people away with his abrasive personality.

Upvote 0

mikeyrobbie

Servant of God
Aug 15, 2018
pa
✟9,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have heard good things about some of Jay Dyer's stuff, but as with anything that's on the internet, do talk to your priest / spiritual father about anything you read or watch on the internet. Your primary catechism / faith education comes from your priest, anything else is supplemental. Typically your priest can direct you to specific resources that are better than others. That being said my spiritual father once recommended something from Dyer to me.

Upvote 0