Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man, someone drummed up an old post. lol. Forgot about this one. I gave up on online dating last year...I keep seeing the faces of the same women that had ignored me. There'd be times where I would take a break from online dating, and then sign back in to see the same faces year after year. Online dating spinsters I call them, because no on is ever good enough. They become permanent fixtures of the online dating world.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Man, someone drummed up an old post. lol. Forgot about this one. I gave up on online dating last year...I keep seeing the faces of the same women that had ignored me. There'd be times where I would take a break from online dating, and then sign back in to see the same faces year after year. Online dating spinsters I call them, because no on is ever good enough. They become permanent fixtures of the online dating world.
I can't really explain why, but I thought this was very humorous. They become permanent fixtures of the online dating world. Lol

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There have been so many- both ways...

One I can remember was special. I was 20 and had just started a really good job the year earlier, bought a 6 month old Corvette and was feeling pretty good about myself confidence wise.
There was this very attractive gal at work name Edie. She was so hot, cute, friendly, it just seemed everything was right about her. We got very 'chummy' at work and people started talking about us though nothing was happening. We ended up going out for a bite a few times and I quickly fell for her.
However, there were some issues. She was 30, divorced and had 2 girls. I was 10 years younger and still living at home.
When I wanted to start dating her, I was imagining us together down the road and visualized all going well.
Then, one day, we had a 'talk'. She explained to me how she was also very attracted to me and flattered I was attracted to her but, she stated she was 10 years older than I and had 2 kids, etc. She asked her family for advice, they all told her to 'go for it' but, she kept thinking long term. She explained to me how things probably would not work out as she had her kids, divorce ( baggage ) and figured I would want a younger woman as the years went by. She was Catholic as I was at the time. She explained she had an annulment (sp ) which means the church accepted her divorce and would grant her to remarry.
Based on all that, she straight and kindly told me, it would not work out and it was best for us to not see each other.
Of course, I was hurt but, accepted her decision. Later, I look back and really respect her decision and very fair and honest explaination. It probably was the right decision.
It was one of the best and honest rejections I have had. I hope she is happy and well. Edie was very special to me.

Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now, one where I rejected.
This was another very special gal. Very Christian, admittedly, she drew me much closer to the Lord and am very grateful for that. We had so much in common it was scary. We had deep 'hots' for each other and did not remain pure. My faith at the time was still in its infancy and my thinking was that I knew it was wrong but, thought it was OK as long as we get married as I had planned- wrong. Her faith was much stronger as she influenced me closer to the Lord. Yet, she had no problem with intimacy outside of marriage and I did not know better. She was so passionate, intimate, affectionate. It would melt me.
As we moved closer to marriage more and more issues came up. She had been divorced a few times, had a good job and very independent. A bit too strong willed. We would casually break up at times and it would last for a few days. Then, we realized we missed each other and got back together- for awhile. Then the cycle continued. One time we broke up and verified with each other we were broken up. Ok, fine. So, all of a sudden she started getting intimate with a close 'friend' of mine who i went to high school with. That really hurt to loose my gal and one of my best friends at the same time.
Then, after a short time, she broke up with him and came back to me. or, at least she thought she could. I have learned that a lot of women think they are in control of - relationships, the bedroom, marriage, etc. They pull the strings and the men follow like puppets. Well, maybe some do but, not me.
She tried to come back, calling me, emailing, etc, etc. reminding me of all the good times and intamacy. She actually called me one time crying telling me 'You should be beating my door down' ( coming after her ). I explained to her- "by sleeping with my 'friend', you have made yourself much less attractive, not more attractive. She thought the opposite ( how arrogant ).
I told her flat out ( and it was hard )- "you have crossed the line and you cannot come back". Those were hard words and it hurt her but, she needed it and I deserved better.
It was a direct and serious rejection. When we first started going together, I explained to her that I do not know what other men told her but, I would not lie to her. I never did, not once. When I said that she had crossed the line, she knew I meant it. Have not seen her since and it has been years. Her girls are now grown and think they are both married. We talked on the phone a few times. She kept bringing up great memories, how she liked my family, the things I do, etc. She was trying hard and it was difficult to keep rejecting her but, I knew it was the right think to do.
I would never , ever do to her what she did to me. And then she has the audacity to think she can come back at will? How arrogant she was on this. Have learned many women are the same way, they all want to be in charge. That is not Biblical. As I have grown my faith, I know better and know I made the right decision. I have no issues with her, have given it to the Lord and moved on. We need to do that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0