Viva La Vida
Aug 12, 2006
Baltimore
✟8,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello people this topic has been in my head awhile but i dont wont to feel like i dont understand anything i Know God loves...maybe i dont understand...

So any way i was in class this girl asked me since i carry a bible everyday and i express my love of God...."what do you think about Reincarnation...." i said i dont believe in you die and goto heaven or hell...but i will admit at the time i didnt know what "Reincarnation" really ment???? I know Jesus said of John the Baptist as Elijah....

so i guess im looking for guidence

When do you Reincarnate to a diffrent body?
When do you perminatly live in heaven or hell...with body and or soul??
What about those who are not born agian....

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello people this topic has been in my head awhile but i dont wont to feel like i dont understand anything i Know God loves...maybe i dont understand...

So any way i was in class this girl asked me since i carry a bible everyday and i express my love of God...."what do you think about Reincarnation...." i said i dont believe in you die and goto heaven or hell...but i will admit at the time i didnt know what "Reincarnation" really ment???? I know Jesus said of John the Baptist as Elijah....

so i guess im looking for guidence
Well, if you need guidance, then why don't you take these questions to your pastor? And please do not take offence of what I have just said!

When do you Reincarnate to a diffrent body?
You don't!

This is a new age belief. But, basically, and I won't go into any further explanation or detail on it. But, reincarnation is the transference of one demon from one body to another body. Now that's basically how the supernatural realm works. A demon doesn't like "dry places" and needs a moist body, either a human or an animal. And that's as far as I am going.
After you are judged by our Lord Jesus Christ!
What about those who are not born agian....
That is our Lord Jesus Christ's decision at the time of judgement.

I think it's time that you read your Bible!

Love in Christ

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Blesss,

The Bible says that we die once and face judgement (Hebrews 9:27).

At the resurrection, both. Human beings are body and spirit. We're not souless animals and we're not pure spirits (angels).

Something to think about, when the topic of reincarnation comes up: Supposedly, people are reborn until their souls are purified. But surely the first person (or people) started off with a "clean slate". So if we attain this all over again there's no guarantee that we won't mess up, and then we have to start over, again. It's pretty hopeless.

And anyway, we can't purify ourselves. The best people in the world are sinners. Our only hope is from outside ourselves. This is why people who believe in reincarnation need to hear the Gospel.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. "

SO REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0

w00dy

just a person
Feb 13, 2006
manchester
✟16,247.00
Faith
Christian
i think there is a passage in rev that goes somthing like 'even the saints with an extra life'. but the way i read it, having the extra life wasnt like a bonus thing. but then rev can be very confusing. also reincarnation isnt a new age belief in fact its a very very old one (buddist or hindus are quite keen on the idea). being born again is abit like (the romantic ideal of)reincarnation if you think about it. you die to the world to be born again as a person of (en)light(enment). but saying that theyve not got jesus have they, honestly they dont know what their missing out on (aka a living god, a person who you can conect with, rather than just a collection of sayings and stories that they live thier lives by, much like the athiests and other none jesus religions of the western world )

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bless

GOD'S WORD says if we are in HIM we will not feel the sting of death.

When you go to sleep at night and close your eyes the next thing you do is open them and you had no feeling of the time passed.

SO SHALL IT BE WITH DEATH.

GOD'S TIME AND OUR TIME IS NOT THE SAME. But you shall be before JESUS IN A BLINK OF THE EYE!!!

SO REMEMBER:

X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O
( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
just a Hindu belief...do you wish to be a cat in your next life?if you can be something over and over again,living is a waste

I would rather be a dog than a cat. But since we are talking absurdities, I would much rather be a kodiak bear.

When they talked about John the Babtist having the spirit of Elijah it is my understanding they meant that he was the same type of person and that he gave the same sort of vibe. In this way they use spirit to mean something like we might say the spirit of a place or the spirit of the game. Not necessarily a soul.

Upvote 0

samwell

Oct 18, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Yah, reincarnation is nowhere to find in the bible. It is only a doctrine (from who, i dont know) that you become human, animals or plants in your next life because you are paying the sins you have done untill you become perfect.
In that case what sin then the first person have done? So it only proves that this is a doctrine of a human not of Christ.
God bless all!

Upvote 0

LetTheTruthBeTold

Oct 16, 2006
Chicago, IL
✟7,699.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reincarnation is a man-made concept. It states that when you die, you are re-born, with the same spirit, into a different situation and body. I think Hindus believe in reincarnation because they have caste systems and to them, every time you die, you are reborn into the next highest caste. It's all about money and who has the most gold and all that non-sense I think. It states that you keep being born into different bodies. It's pretty much just rubbish to me.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritOfChristmas

Thank you guys...i do read my Bible everyday...you know Gods with me, though Jesus said that generation that was with him, by no means shall pass away till all things come to pass....I under stand......So where are we until the day of resurection???
Merry Christmas ! Times 3 = 300 Blessings God Bless

Reactions: SunMessenger
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums