'Reformed' area's favorite SDA writers/ theologians/ preachers

payattention

Sep 23, 2005
✟903.00
Faith
SDA
For a long time my favorite was Morris Venden. I loved Alden Thompson's book, Inspiration. I think I will get his new book from Pacific Press, Out of the Flames I think the name is, in which he shows how EGW matured in her understanding of God after consulting a certain pioneer. This has intriguing implications for us.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟879,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I am going to id myself as a 28 fundamentals guy, but then again, I liked Inspiration too, and I am buying the new one just as soon as the book mobile gets here Sunday.

Got a bunch of Morris Venden titles too. His son Lee pastored our church for a few years in KC when I grew up there. That was during the time I began to be more interested in the church. I really appreciated his preaching.

Morris is a decent speaker too, but Lee has a better style for delivery. Which is only to say that Morris HAS NO STYLE of delivery!

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟879,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also found Cottrel's book on the Investigative judgement issue interesting. You can get it online.

I like to read a bit over at Adventist Today or Spectrum and such too just to keep up with all the academic/liberal trends.

And my wifey reads the former Adventist Forums a bit. We know quite a few of them from when we were in Lincoln.

And do any of you all go to Eugene's forum? I don't know if I would call him liberal, I suppose not, but he does have some interesting views on prophecy:
http://www.everythingimportant.org/index.php

Upvote 0