Apr 30, 2011
LaFollette, TN
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a question about the UCC.

I have heard that the UCC was founded by the Puritans. But, like most of the mainline denominations, they have drifted in more of a liberal direction. I am a Reformed Evangelical. That is, I am a mainstream evangelical who happens to hold to TULIP. I am not "truly Reformed", if you know what I mean (i.e. Puritan Board)

But, I have a difficult time understanding where liberal Reformed people are coming from. Do they hold to the TULIP? What about covenant theology? WCF?

Just how liberal are liberal Reformed theologians like Walter Brueggemann and Eugene Peterson?

One UCC guy that I like is Otis Moss III from Barack Obama's old church, Trinity United Church of Christ. I like him even though I am a conservative evangelical and I voted for McCain rather than Obama.

How liberal is Moss? I'm sure that I would have some substantial disagreements with him. But, nearly every evangelical that I know of has a couple of favorite liberal theologians that they like. Otis Moss III happens to be one of mine.