Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
False. The British soldiers, under the auspices of the British monarchy, murdered her. While they may not have been Protestant, they called her a heretic.

Jesse, God Bless you but you're talking nonsense. There was no 'British Monarchy' at that time. There was an 'English Monarchy' and the Catholic Church, these agencies were responsible for what happened to Joan of Arc. 'Britain' did not exist until more than two hundred years after Joan of Arc.

On the other hand, there were Catholics who were killed for their faith by Protestants, no?

Yes, despite the Reformation many protestant churches seemed to have replicated some of the sins and worldliness of the RCC. :(

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes of course. Catholics murdering protestants and protestants murdering catholics, both abhorrent and contrary to the word of God. Do you think the murder of George Wishart by the RCC was an abhorrent act? God Bless.
Certainly. But it wasn't done by the Catholic Church, it was done by an individual who happened to be Catholic.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesse, God Bless you but you're talking nonsense. There was no 'British Monarchy' at that time. There was an 'English Monarchy' and the Catholic Church, these agencies were responsible for what happened to Joan of Arc. 'Britain' did not exist until more than two hundred years after Joan of Arc.
Scuse me while you split hairs. The point is that it was English who killed her. But you were correct that it wasn't a Protestant/Catholic thing.
Yes, despite the Reformation many protestant churches seemed to have replicated some of the sins and worldliness of the RCC. :(

God Bless.
Oh, yeah, especially the ones with fine cars, jewelry and suits. No Catholic priest, even up to the pope, own much more than the clothes on his back. And no, the Church is not worldly, as are many Protestant churches. In fact, the Lutheran Church was mainly formed by the German government at the request of Luther.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scuse me while you split hairs. The point is that it was English who killed her.

Yes English, not the British as you first claimed.

But you were correct that it wasn't a Protestant/Catholic thing.

Agreed. There was no Protestant Church in those dark days. All the religious bigotry and violence of those days was down to the RCC.

And no, the Church is not worldly, as are many Protestant churches.

A state church is not worldly? I've heard them all now. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes English, not the British as you first claimed.
Splitting hairs, but ok.
Agreed. There was no Protestant Church in those dark days. All the religious bigotry and violence of those days was down to the RCC.
To be fair there was no "RCC" either.
A state church is not worldly? I've heard them all now. God Bless :)
There was no state church. What is true is that most monarchs were Catholic, therefore the populace was Catholic.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In that event nothing is ever done by the Catholic Church.
Just as someone killed in the name of Jesus isn't done in the name of Jesus.

Let me ask you a question. In Bill Clinton's Oval Office, did the US commit a sin with Monica Lewinsky?

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good Day,

31 day journey of the reformation heroes:

Here We Stand | Desiring God

In Him,

Bill

It looks interesting, thanks. As it states, change and reformation was long overdue, and when Luther stood up in protest others were already starting to worldwide. We may remember him as the first loudest protester but he wasn't alone. I'd be curious to follow the program on the 31 day journey, but I'm terrible with podcasts or remembering to check in daily to stuff such as this. Maybe when it's fully up they'll keep the sections up to listen to at any time.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It looks interesting, thanks. As it states, change and reformation was long overdue, and when Luther stood up in protest others were already starting to worldwide. We may remember him as the first loudest protester but he wasn't alone. I'd be curious to follow the program on the 31 day journey, but I'm terrible with podcasts or remembering to check in daily to stuff such as this. Maybe when it's fully up they'll keep the sections up to listen to at any time.
Change and reformation were already happening. Just not at the speed to Luther's liking.

Upvote 0