Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. Everynight I dream about a house. The house is always different. Different color, style, old, new, not old or new, usually nice on the inside. Sometimes it is my house and other times it is someone else's. Sometimes I am inside it and sometimes not. Sometimes it is big and other times small or average. Why do I always dream of houses?

Last night I dreamt that these people were having a party with kids. Another group came in, and as the owner welcomed them, they began to trash the house and break everything, ruining the place. I was really upset and couldn't stop them. I said, "Call the police." But when the police came, they ran out the door, got in their cars, and drove off. The police just stood there and watched and I was mad!

2. I frequently dream of tsunamis. Usually I see them coming in the distance and get away. Or I am atop a high building and watching it come in beneath me. One time I was running from one hotel to another next to it, and just made it.

3. Sometimes there are floods. Again, I watch them or I am safe.

4. I once dreamt of looking at a green field and there were a lot of people on it. In the distance there were a couple of tornados and they became one huge one. I got out of there, but the other people went on doing whatever they were doing. When the tornado came, some were able to run away, but others were sucked and thrown.

The question is, are these prophetic dreams? I know that the flood and tsunami represent judgment, but I am wondering if it is judgment on the world, or just me. There are other people in the dreams. I would really appreciate the help. I am asking God, but I think I should ask you as well. Not that I don't think God would tell me, but maybe He can answer through other people who are spiritually gifted.

Reactions: HjartaoHamast

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Lybrah: "Everynight I dream about a house. The house is always different. Different color, style, old, new, not old or new, usually nice on the inside. Sometimes it is my house and other times it is someone else's. Sometimes I am inside it and sometimes not. Sometimes it is big and other times small or average. Why do I always dream of houses?"

I used to teach a course on Psychology and Religion, which included Jungian dream interpretion. I once interpreted a tennis star's dream, which he debunked until he returned a few years later and confirmed that the prophecy implicit in the dream had shocking come true. Don't believe my interpretation; just ponder it.

A dream house typically represents you as you truly see yourself. When you are outside the house, this can point to pressures that rob you of your ability to be faithful to your true self. When it's someone else's house, this can point to feelings that your identity feels inauthentic because you are shaped by pressures and expectations of others who at times seem to take ownership of your true self. Time spent in the basement represents influences from your unconscious. Time spent 'upstairs' can represent spiritual insights or precognition.

For example, a friend Joan shared this dream related to her by her sister, Eleanor, who was a member of my prayer group. Eleanor had a house dream. Her late husband Nick invited her "upstairs" to "dance." She sensed the presence of deceased family members and friends "upstairs." Eleanor always loved to dance with Nick, but she sensed that dancing had an ominous hidden meaning in this case. So she said, "No, I'm not ready for that yet." That afternoon, she lost control of her car and was killed in a fiery wreck involving multiple rollovers. Her dream was a premonition of impending disaster resulting in death and family reunions.

Lybrah: "Last night I dreamt that these people were having a party with kids. Another group came in, and as the owner welcomed them, they began to trash the house and break everything, ruining the place. I was really upset and couldn't stop them. I said, "Call the police." But when the police came, they ran out the door, got in their cars, and drove off. The police just stood there and watched and I was mad!"

Notice that you are angry at the trashing done to someone else's house, as if it was your house. When you feel controlled by another's agenda, you can easily feel psychologically "trashed." The police represent a longing for spiritual principles or outside forces to help you take control of your life again in order to regain a sense of ownership. But your true self can't be rescued because you feel trapped and don't know how to take back ownership of your life.

Lybrah: "I frequently dream of tsunamis. Usually I see them coming in the distance and get away. Or I am atop a high building and watching it come in beneath me. One time I was running from one hotel to another next to it, and just made it...
Sometimes there are floods. Again, I watch them or I am safe."

Dreams of tsunamis an floods play off the archetype of large bodies of water as a symbol of chaos. In the Bible, for example, Moses' victory at the Sea is transformed in the Psalms and elsewhere as victory over Sea as a symbol of chaos. Your frequent loss of control over ownership and events at "the House" easily morphs into feelings of a life overwhelmed by forces of chaos, thus creating the urgent question, "Will my life ever feel well ordered and fulfilled?"

Lybrah: "I once dreamt of looking at a green field and there were a lot of people on it. In the distance there were a couple of tornados and they became one huge one. I got out of there, but the other people went on doing whatever they were doing. When the tornado came, some were able to run away, but others were sucked and thrown."

The combination of 2 tornados into 1 huge one points to the difficulty of coping with multiple sources of stress at the same time. Your feeling of being trapped are reenforced by others around you who ignore the coming storm of chaos, hoping it will just blow over, but are then swept away by tragedy. In your dream, your unconscious is warning you not take your cues for correct responses from others.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The question is, are these prophetic dreams?

Yes, but these things are symbolic! People screw it up because God will give you a symbolic dream but people will think it is literal. "Oh a flood? The end of the world!!!" No.. no no no, silly! :)

You called the police in that first dream, but the police did nothing. Do you know why? It is because the police can't arrest demons or see them stealing goods from a house. The police were helpless because what you were seeing was spiritual, not real world physical.

Likewise, those tornado... I will share with you what those are. If they are pitch-black, they are the spirit of poverty.

Now, poverty can attack various ways. It can destroy houses for example. It can destroy marriages. It can kill children. It can do things which aren't always called poverty, but it is the spirit of poverty doing it.

The spirit of poverty will appear as a black tornado from the south. Why?

The first chariot had red horses, the second black, ... The one with the black horses is going toward the north country, - Zechariah 6

Revelation 6: 5 When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come[c].” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A [d]quart of wheat for a [e]denarius, and three [f]quarts of barley for a [g]denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”

And for why he looks like a tornado in dreams often, I am not sure, but I have heard many accounts of this black tornado from many people. I have seen it myself several times. It's God describing to us the spirit of poverty that would destroy.

I know that the flood and tsunami represent judgment, but I am wondering if it is judgment on the world, or just me. There are other people in the dreams. I would really appreciate the help. I am asking God, but I think I should ask you as well. Not that I don't think God would tell me, but maybe He can answer through other people who are spiritually gifted.

Floods in dreams are either judgement or blessings. In my dreams, floods are usually blessings I ride into the promise land... a flood of blessings. However, when I was lost, I had a flood dream where God was describing to me the judgement that the world faces and faced in ages past.

What a "flood judgement" means in a dream is that it is symbolic of the judgement that the world underwent in Noah's day. This is a judgement that comes against wordily living which drinks upon the iniquities of Babylon. It is the wine of the world, which is a cup of murders, where people do all manner of evil in their heart to get what they desire, and what they desire is evil.

That you always escape the waters of the tsunami, mean you are not under God's judgement. If you dream that you are out at sea or lost in the water sinking, that's BAD!!!! That is like, get on your knees and make Jesus your Lord right now, and accept his salvation.

That you're escaping is good. But what of your future? I mean, if you barely escape, this is not ideal I think. It could be he's letting you see it so you pray for the others caught in it.

Also, the houses that are all different, are probably people God wants you to pray for. It sounds like these are intercession dreams, and each house is a different person, with a different situation affecting them, and God is trying to reveal through Bible symbolism how to pray in each of those situations. Therefore, you would have to pay attention and learn more out of the word of God to interpret those dreams and know what to pray in those instances.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but these things are symbolic! People screw it up because God will give you a symbolic dream but people will think it is literal. "Oh a flood? The end of the world!!!" No.. no no no, silly! :)

You called the police in that first dream, but the police did nothing. Do you know why? It is because the police can't arrest demons or see them stealing goods from a house. The police were helpless because what you were seeing was spiritual, not real world physical.

Likewise, those tornado... I will share with you what those are. If they are pitch-black, they are the spirit of poverty.

Now, poverty can attack various ways. It can destroy houses for example. It can destroy marriages. It can kill children. It can do things which aren't always called poverty, but it is the spirit of poverty doing it.

The spirit of poverty will appear as a black tornado from the south. Why?

The first chariot had red horses, the second black, ... The one with the black horses is going toward the north country, - Zechariah 6

Revelation 6: 5 When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come[c].” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A [d]quart of wheat for a [e]denarius, and three [f]quarts of barley for a [g]denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”

And for why he looks like a tornado in dreams often, I am not sure, but I have heard many accounts of this black tornado from many people. I have seen it myself several times. It's God describing to us the spirit of poverty that would destroy.

Floods in dreams are either judgement or blessings. In my dreams, floods are usually blessings I ride into the promise land... a flood of blessings. However, when I was lost, I had a flood dream where God was describing to me the judgement that the world faces and faced in ages past.

What a "flood judgement" means in a dream is that it is symbolic of the judgement that the world underwent in Noah's day. This is a judgement that comes against wordily living which drinks upon the iniquities of Babylon. It is the wine of the world, which is a cup of murders, where people do all manner of evil in their heart to get what they desire, and what they desire is evil.

That you always escape the waters of the tsunami, mean you are not under God's judgement. If you dream that you are out at sea or lost in the water sinking, that's BAD!!!! That is like, get on your knees and make Jesus your Lord right now, and accept his salvation.

That you're escaping is good. But what of your future? I mean, if you barely escape, this is not ideal I think. It could be he's letting you see it so you pray for the others caught in it.

Also, the houses that are all different, are probably people God wants you to pray for. It sounds like these are intercession dreams, and each house is a different person, with a different situation affecting them, and God is trying to reveal through Bible symbolism how to pray in each of those situations. Therefore, you would have to pay attention and learn more out of the word of God to interpret those dreams and know what to pray in those instances.

I don't remember the tornados being pitch black, but dark gray. Can't really remember. However, I forgot to mention that I have dreamt of sinking ships. I dreamt that I was on the Titanic, but I was a first class passenger, so I was on a life boat, and I watched the whole thing sink. The water was calm, and we paddled away and then waited for the help to come. I've dreamt of other ships sinking as well, but usually I am not on them. Maybe once I was. It was scary.

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lybrah: "Everynight I dream about a house. The house is always different. Different color, style, old, new, not old or new, usually nice on the inside. Sometimes it is my house and other times it is someone else's. Sometimes I am inside it and sometimes not. Sometimes it is big and other times small or average. Why do I always dream of houses?"

I used to teach a course on Psychology and Religion, which included Jungian dream interpretion. I once interpreted a tennis star's dream, which he debunked until he returned a few years later and confirmed that the prophecy implicit in the dream had shocking come true. Don't believe my interpretation; just ponder it.

A dream house typically represents you as you truly see yourself. When you are outside the house, this can point to pressures that rob you of your ability to be faithful to your true self. When it's someone else's house, this can point to feelings that your identity feels inauthentic because you are shaped by pressures and expectations of others who at times seem to take ownership of your true self. Time spent in the basement represents influences from your unconscious. Time spent 'upstairs' can represent spiritual insights or precognition.

For example, a friend Joan shared this dream related to her by her sister, Eleanor, who was a member of my prayer group. Eleanor had a house dream. Her late husband Nick invited her "upstairs" to "dance." She sensed the presence of deceased family members and friends "upstairs." Eleanor always loved to dance with Nick, but she sensed that dancing had an ominous hidden meaning in this case. So she said, "No, I'm not ready for that yet." That afternoon, she lost control of her car and was killed in a fiery wreck involving multiple rollovers. Her dream was a premonition of impending disaster resulting in death and family reunions.

Lybrah: "Last night I dreamt that these people were having a party with kids. Another group came in, and as the owner welcomed them, they began to trash the house and break everything, ruining the place. I was really upset and couldn't stop them. I said, "Call the police." But when the police came, they ran out the door, got in their cars, and drove off. The police just stood there and watched and I was mad!"

Notice that you are angry at the trashing done to someone else's house, as if it was your house. When you feel controlled by another's agenda, you can easily feel psychologically "trashed." The police represent a longing for spiritual principles or outside forces to help you take control of your life again in order to regain a sense of ownership. But your true self can't be rescued because you feel trapped and don't know how to take back ownership of your life.

Lybrah: "I frequently dream of tsunamis. Usually I see them coming in the distance and get away. Or I am atop a high building and watching it come in beneath me. One time I was running from one hotel to another next to it, and just made it...
Sometimes there are floods. Again, I watch them or I am safe."

Dreams of tsunamis an floods play off the archetype of large bodies of water as a symbol of chaos. In the Bible, for example, Moses' victory at the Sea is transformed in the Psalms and elsewhere as victory over Sea as a symbol of chaos. Your frequent loss of control over ownership and events at "the House" easily morphs into feelings of a life overwhelmed by forces of chaos, thus creating the urgent question, "Will my life ever feel well ordered and fulfilled?"

Lybrah: "I once dreamt of looking at a green field and there were a lot of people on it. In the distance there were a couple of tornados and they became one huge one. I got out of there, but the other people went on doing whatever they were doing. When the tornado came, some were able to run away, but others were sucked and thrown."

The combination of 2 tornados into 1 huge one points to the difficulty of coping with multiple sources of stress at the same time. Your feeling of being trapped are reenforced by others around you who ignore the coming storm of chaos, hoping it will just blow over, but are then swept away by tragedy. In your dream, your unconscious is warning you not take your cues for correct responses from others.

Thanks for the response. I really feel that the Tsunami dream is the coming judgment on the world from the Lord. The fact that I see it coming means I know about it (Book of Revelations), and that I try to avoid it, or avoid it, means that I know I can trust in Jesus to save me. However, I don't want to assume this is the case, as I get scared I will get puffed up with pride and think I'm special and that I am better than everyone else who stayed. I don't want to fall off the wagon, so to speak.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't remember the tornados being pitch black, but dark gray. Can't really remember. However, I forgot to mention that I have dreamt of sinking ships. I dreamt that I was on the Titanic, but I was a first class passenger, so I was on a life boat, and I watched the whole thing sink. The water was calm, and we paddled away and then waited for the help to come. I've dreamt of other ships sinking as well, but usually I am not on them. Maybe once I was. It was scary.

I had a dream like that. A first-class ship on the ocean, yep. What that is, is a party boat. It sits on the waters of the world, where the harlot in revelation sits. It represents living like the world. There is wine and drinking there until the flood comes!

When I had that dream, I was one of the lost people on the ocean, in a raft nearby the party boat. What it represented I think was that the world never loved me, even though I belonged to it. I was always an outcast of the world. Then the flood came! I thought I was to die, but I did not die because I survived somehow, and the flood washed me onto the land.

And on the land, I thought I was safe. The boat was tipped over on the land, and the passengers mostly gone, they probably sank into the oceans, but some lived like me. And I thought we were safe. But no! On the horizon across the ocean, there was fire. A wall of fire across the whole Earth, and it was approaching fast... so fast. I was terrified because I thought I would be safe, but then something more horrible was there.

I dug in the dirt with my bear hands. Somehow, miraculously, I dug through about 5 feet of dirt, to hit upon a rock. Down in the hole, touching upon the rock, I did not die in the fire.

What this represents from scripture... the land and the dirt is "religion". But if you dig through the religious junk we believe, below that was the rock of ages that I found and touched upon. It's what saved me from the fire, because even in that little hole it should have killed me.

Then when I came out of the dirt, I left the hole and journey to a strange place. There, it was all mirrors, a maze of mirrors mostly broken. People were inside of that place, and it was dark and confused. I believe maybe this was my heart God was showing me. I don't fully understand that part of the dream, but God was telling me I would be saved.

At the time, though, I didn't know I would be saved, I thought I was under God's wrath, and I was... until I got saved and understood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What scares me is that in previous dreams I was away from the Tsunami, and then I was in it. So does this mean I did something to fall under God's judgment? That I lost my salvation or something? I had a dream last night that I got my period, and I was wearing a new white shirt. I got blood on my shirt. I was very upset because it was new, but when I looked again, there was less of it on the shirt than before.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lybrah,

I had a Tsnami dream that was linked to the end times. If you go to YouTube do a search for Tsnami dreams and you will see 100 of Christians are having them.

From the research that I have done into the dreams, I believe it is a literal (real) Tsnami (that is God's judgment) that will hit Florida, one pastor believed it would hit in August of 2016 from an asteroid strike, I think the said the 30th. This I wonder/believe will then begin to unleash the events found in the book of revelation. The rise of the beast and other things.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Lybrah,

I had a Tsnami dream that was linked to the end times. If you go to YouTube do a search for Tsnami dreams and you will see 100 of Christians are having them.

From the research that I have done into the dreams, I believe it is a literal (real) Tsnami (that is God's judgment) that will hit Florida, one pastor believed it would hit in August of 2016 from an asteroid strike, I think the said the 30th. This I wonder/believe will then begin to unleash the events found in the book of revelation. The rise of the beast and other things.

I heard about the August 30 prediction. But anytime anyone gives you an exact date, you know it's wrong. I do believe judgment is coming, and I pray hard that God will postpone it as long as possible, and I love Florida and would hate to see it destroyed. However, I know that people who give prophecies with dates in them are false. It probably won't happen. The tsunami is probably a symbol for judgment. Christians know it is coming, and avoid it by getting saved. The real question is why is God giving the dream to Christians who are already saved, and not unbelievers?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard about the August 30 prediction. But anytime anyone gives you an exact date, you know it's wrong. I do believe judgment is coming, and I pray hard that God will postpone it as long as possible, and I love Florida and would hate to see it destroyed. However, I know that people who give prophecies with dates in them are false. It probably won't happen. The tsunami is probably a symbol for judgment. Christians know it is coming, and avoid it by getting saved. The real question is why is God giving the dream to Christians who are already saved, and not unbelievers?

All I know is in my dream the wave I saw coming was linked to the End Times. What ever the judgment is, literal or figurative, (I still rest towards the literal, due to the people that were told by God to leave Florida), I believe we are getting closer to the events found in the book of Revelations.

I only remember parts of my dream, but a bit of it was Christians being beheaded. I saw myself being chased by people wishing to behead me, I saw myself running to the cross. In another part of the dream (after the wave) I also saw a man who I believe was the Anti-Christ.

As for predicting dates, it is not wrong to predict the date of an event, only to predict the date of Jesus return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7Thunders

Aug 31, 2016
USA
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I know is in my dream the wave I saw coming was linked to the End Times. What ever the judgment is, literal or figurative, (I still rest towards the literal, due to the people that were told by God to leave Florida), I believe we are getting closer to the events found in the book of Revelations.

I only remember parts of my dream, but a bit of it was Christians being beheaded. I saw myself being chased by people wishing to behead me, I saw myself running to the cross. In another part of the dream (after the wave) I also saw a man who I believe was the Anti-Christ.

As for predicting dates, it is not wrong to predict the date of an event, only to predict the date of Jesus return.

As you said, this dream of a tsunami is being had by many Christians. We were told that in the last days, we would dream dreams. It makes sense that these dreams would be the same. He would be giving the same messages to the whole body, not completely different messages. And a tsunami makes a lot of sense too because we are also told there will be many earthquakes in diverse places and earthquakes are the cause of tsunamis. The most shared aspect of this dream that I have found is the element mentioned of being "somewhere up high" at the time. There are also shared dreams of both coasts of the US being covered in water and of the lower third of the US being flooded and a fairly common shared aspect is that the water is black.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As you said, this dream of a tsunami is being had by many Christians. We were told that in the last days, we would dream dreams. It makes sense that these dreams would be the same. He would be giving the same messages to the whole body, not completely different messages. And a tsunami makes a lot of sense too because we are also told there will be many earthquakes in diverse places and earthquakes are the cause of tsunamis. The most shared aspect of this dream that I have found is the element mentioned of being "somewhere up high" at the time. There are also shared dreams of both coasts of the US being covered in water and of the lower third of the US being flooded and a fairly common shared aspect is that the water is black.

Two kingdoms of dream revelation. Satans and God's. Both are teaching about a tsunami.

Satan's tsunami is a natural disaster, a prophecy to spread fear and disaster.

God's tsunami is the Holy Ghost, represented as a wave of blessings that overtake the body as the world system sinks.

This is why there are so many tsunami dreams. The devil jumped on board with what God is doing, but the devil is trying to twist God's prophecy into something negative, to lure Christians into fear, unbelief, doomsaying, ect.

Prophecy 101: Doomsaying is never a prophecy from God, because doomsaying rejects all New Testament teachings on prophecy.

-------------------------

What the devil is prophesying (through Christians even):

If you pay attention to the spirit behind this video, you will see it's the devil.

Christians make the best prophets of the devil for various reasons. I will see that guy in heaven, but he's spreading false testimony. He doesn't know why it's false testimony because he's focusing on the world system and not scriptures.

I am not even saying what the devil is prophecying can't happen. It could happen. If you get enough Christians believing and confessing the devil's plans, they can give authority to the devil for him to bring disasters to happen. The proof in scripture is Baalam who could prophecy disasters upon people and whole nations even.

But this prophecy is not what God is saying. I reject it in the name of Jesus Chirst.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

7Thunders

Aug 31, 2016
USA
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two kingdoms of dream revelation. Satans and God's. Both are teaching about a tsunami.

Satan's tsunami is a natural disaster, a prophecy to spread fear and disaster.

God's tsunami is the Holy Ghost, represented as a wave of blessings that overtake the body as the world system sinks.

This is why there are so many tsunami dreams. The devil jumped on board with what God is doing, but the devil is trying to twist God's prophecy into something negative, to lure Christians into fear, unbelief, doomsaying, ect.

Prophecy 101: Doomsaying is never a prophecy from God, because doomsaying rejects all New Testament teachings on prophecy.

-------------------------

What the devil is prophesying (through Christians even):

If you pay attention to the spirit behind this video, you will see it's the devil.

Christians make the best prophets of the devil for various reasons. I will see that guy in heaven, but he's spreading false testimony. He doesn't know why it's false testimony because he's focusing on the world system and not scriptures.

I am not even saying what the devil is prophecying can't happen. It could happen. If you get enough Christians believing and confessing the devil's plans, they can give authority to the devil for him to bring disasters to happen. The proof in scripture is Baalam who could prophecy disasters upon people and whole nations even.

But this prophecy is not what God is saying. I reject it in the name of Jesus Chirst.

I don't know anything about the dreams unbelievers are having about tsunamis. I believe you, I just haven't talked to any unbelievers to have heard about it. I've only heard them from Christians, although obviously unbelievers can and have had warning dreams that came from God, such as Pilates wife an the king in the OT that Daniel interpreted for.

I've noted that mature Christians don't get scared silly by these dreams because He just hasn't given them a Spirit of fear but that young Christians sometimes can and do. Not that the mature ones LIKE the dream because they usually see a lot of people down lower than the "up high" place they view it from in their dream and see that wave coming with no time left to warn.

I do find it interesting that satan CAN control weather when God gives him permission (as in the mighty wind in Job that collapsed a house on his children and he obviously rained down fire that burned up the cattle of Job - which actually recalls to mind an endtimes verse about...is it the false prophet? being able to make fire come down from heaven. That would prove that he is under the power of satan if he could do that like it happened in Job...interesting!

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know anything about the dreams unbelievers are having about tsunamis.

As a Christian, you can get dreams from the devil. The devil came to tempt Jesus. He can come to a Christian in a dream, and tempt us with deception.

Only by the word of God would we know the truth, dividing things correctly.

So just because we're saved, this is not like a stamp of approval from God on every dream we have. Just doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do find it interesting that satan CAN control weather when God gives him permission (as in the mighty wind in Job that collapsed a house on his children and he obviously rained down fire that burned up the cattle of Job - which actually recalls to mind an endtimes verse about...is it the false prophet? being able to make fire come down from heaven. That would prove that he is under the power of satan if he could do that like it happened in Job...interesting!

Yeah, it's good you point that out, a lot of people don't understand that the devil can do that sort of thing. Not to magnify the devil, but to say his defeated kingdom achieves nothing on Earth isn't correct.

And in Job, "God's permission" is also mis-understood. The law of sin and death, and the law of faith, are the rules by which God would give permission for satan to do that to someone.

God doesn't really do things arbitrarily. It all works off of his word, off of the rules God made that he upholds.

So God gave permission in the context, God's rules gave permission for Satan to do that. In that way, rather than being some whim God had that day, it was rather about God upholding the rules he had in place which permitted satan to do those things to Job.

I think it's something few people realize. But it makes sense if we reflect on it... is our God, the same God Jesus is, a God of whimsy? No. He sets a principle in place and upholds it, even if should it hurt someone that he uphold it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

7Thunders

Aug 31, 2016
USA
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian, you can get dreams from the devil. The devil came to tempt Jesus. He can come to a Christian in a dream, and tempt us with deception.

Only by the word of God would we know the truth, dividing things correctly.

So just because we're saved, this is not like a stamp of approval from God on every dream we have. Just doesn't work that way.

I've never heard that satan can cause us to have a dream. I've never read anything like that in the bible either. I do know though that when I discovered that I was being taught by God as I slept, he did actually come twice into a dream, very angry and trying to scare or distract me. But I don't think he ever gave me a dream - just tried to interfere a few times when he knew something was going on at night between God and I. But if you say satan gives you dreams, I don't doubt you. I've just never experienced or found instance of it in scripture.

Upvote 0

7Thunders

Aug 31, 2016
USA
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it's good you point that out, a lot of people don't understand that the devil can do that sort of thing. Not to magnify the devil, but to say his defeated kingdom achieves nothing on Earth isn't correct.

And in Job, "God's permission" is also mis-understood. The law of sin and death, and the law of faith, are the rules by which God would give permission for satan to do that to someone.

God doesn't really do things arbitrarily. It all works off of his word, off of the rules God made that he upholds.

So God gave permission in the context, God's rules gave permission for Satan to do that. In that way, rather than being some whim God had that day, it was rather about God upholding the rules he had in place which permitted satan to do those things to Job.

I think it's something few people realize. But it makes sense if we reflect on it... is our God, the same God Jesus is, a God of whimsy? No. He sets a principle in place and upholds it, even if should it hurt someone that he uphold it.

Sorry, I don't know about those laws you are speaking of either. But eventually we'll hit on something we both understand in our Lord - I'm sure of it! :) But I do know that from my reading of Job, satan had to ask permission and God granted it. He also asked permission elsewhere because Jesus said: peter, satan has asked permission to sift you like wheat. This doesn't suggest to me that there is some standing law that he is allowed to do it but that he has to ask every single time. And if God gives permission, as He did with Job and Peter, it will put us through sometimes painful testing of our faith but it will always end in unspeakable good for us because even when someone means something for evil, God means it for good!

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:) But I do know that from my reading of Job, satan had to ask permission and God granted it.

Ehhm...! When I hear the devil talking in scripture, I never make a doctrine out of it. I used to think like the devil and sometimes I can slip-up and think like him still!

When the devil asked for permission, we have to consider some alternatives...

- He was tempting God to sin... if God said no, when God's law proclaimed the door was open for satan to attack, then God violated his word, and his laws, and God would have failed and sinned.

Is this what satan was doing? I don't know. But since I used to think like the devil, it is something he might try.

I learned this tidbit of not trusting satan's word in the Bible because some people have made a doctrine about binding demons into the Abyss, based on Luke 8:31... based on what the devil said there, these people believe they can order demons into the Abyss. But they are basing a whole doctrine out of what a devil said!!!

The scriptures say: ... not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

And so if satan poses a question to God, I daresay it's guise of some manner.

Luke 8:31, I believe was a case of the devil being ignorant, but I still wouldn't trust it because if he is not lying, it's also good to remember he does not know the plans of God fully revealed.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am really reluctant now to say these tsunami dreams are coming from God . It may be that satan is just giving a lot of Christians tsunami dreams. To make god look silly. The whole August thing was certainly not of God. I will not be taking much note of my dreams from now on.

Upvote 0