Recommend some foreign films to me please.

AlexeiKaramazov

Aug 26, 2006
✟9,689.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are my three suggestions:

1. Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others), from Germany. In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives: Das Leben der Anderen (2006)

2. Majo no takkyubin (Kiki's Delivery Service), from Japan. A young witch, on her mandatory year of independent life, finds fitting into a new community difficult while she supports herself by running an air courier service: Majo no takkyûbin (1989)

3. L'Avventura (The Adventure), from Italy. A woman disappears during a Mediterranean boating trip. But during the search, her lover and her best friend become attracted to each other: L'avventura (1960)

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
For a Few Dollars More

:thumbsup:

Woyzeck.
Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht. [The German version is better.]
Les choristes.
Un homme et une femme.
Bon Cop, Bad Cop [English & French.]
Un jeu d'enfants.
Entre les murs [The Class].
The Rocket.
House of Flying Daggers.
Chungking Express.
Infernal Affairs [the film The Departed was based on.]

These are all super violent, but get really good reviews.

Battle Royale
Audition [I watched the last 10 minutes with my hands over my eyes. I've got a weak stomach].
Ichi the Killer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IamHeather

Christian hippie girl
May 20, 2008
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here are my three suggestions:

1. Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others), from Germany. In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives: Das Leben der Anderen (2006)

2. Majo no takkyubin (Kiki's Delivery Service), from Japan. A young witch, on her mandatory year of independent life, finds fitting into a new community difficult while she supports herself by running an air courier service: Majo no takkyûbin (1989)

3. L'Avventura (The Adventure), from Italy. A woman disappears during a Mediterranean boating trip. But during the search, her lover and her best friend become attracted to each other: L'avventura (1960)

Thank you I'll have to look into these. I think what I really like is people recommend movies that I would not have even realized existed.

:thumbsup:

Woyzeck.
Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht. [The German version is better.]
Les choristes.
Un homme et une femme.
Bon Cop, Bad Cop [English & French.]
Un jeu d'enfants.
Entre les murs [The Class].

These are all super violent, but get really good reviews.

Battle Royale
Audition [I watched the last 10 minutes with my hands over my eyes. I've got a weak stomach].
Ichi the Killer.

I was so hoping you'd post, thank you. I'll have to look into these later, I just realized that I have been looking up movies for over an hour and now I have to leave for work, haha.

Reactions: Trashionista
Upvote 0

namelessjuan

10-91
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
✟22,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spoorloos.jpg