Thunder Bay
✟16,540.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello all, I have been working on understanding my emotions but am not getting anywhere.

I get feelings in my body that I cannot explain, sometimes its a burning sensation in my chest, sometimes its an intensely unpleasant feeling.

Are there any Christian books that walk you through how to associate each physical feeling with an emotion?

I welcome non-Christian books as well but Christian books are preferred

EDIT: I'm not having a heart attack guys, these physical symptoms are because of emotion

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello all, I have been working on understanding my emotions but am not getting anywhere.

I get feelings in my body that I cannot explain, sometimes its a burning sensation in my chest, sometimes its an intensely unpleasant feeling.

Are there any Christian books that walk you through how to associate each physical feeling with an emotion?

I welcome non-Christian books as well but Christian books are preferred

Have you ruled out anything physical .... been to a doctor?

Upvote 0

SuperCow

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2018
Leonardtown, MD
✟199,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all, it sounds like you might need a doctor or a psychiatrist more than a book, but that might just be a misreading of your post. A burning sensation doesn't sound like an emotion, and an intensely unpleasant feeling could be a lot of things, but could also be a medical condition.

I don't have a specific book, but I would characterize understanding your feelings this way:

Happiness: You want to continue to feel this way for as long as possible.
Anger: You think about violent acts, revenge or wanting justice.
Sadness: You think, God why is this happening to me?
Fear: I'm not safe! I need to get away. Or I've done something that's made someone else angry and they want revenge.
Worry: A kind of fear, but not as intense. (Sometimes leading to fear...)
Frustration: Why isn't anything working for me? (Sometimes leading to anger...)
Fatigue: I just need sleep right now.
Contentment: My worries are temporarily or permanently resolved. (Sometimes leading to happiness.)
Desire: You want something to be yours.
Satisfaction: When you think justice was finally served. Or what you desire has been achieved, like something you've worked hard for, you just ate something amazing, or maybe sex.
Love: You desire others to be happy or safe more than yourself.
Hate: It will make you happy to seem them burning in Hell.

Upvote 0