Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I just bought NETS in a Bible study software Friday 2 days ago. I got a 10% student discount. Earlier on, during this winter I had read a bit from the book introductions in it and they seem to contain valuable information - now I'm able to search those introductions!

If You have questions about Bible versions, ask me by PM or childofdust by PM. Or if You have questions about commentaries or Bible study software, ask me, I've just been on a seminar this Friday, 9 am - 5 pm about a Bible study software.

Plus I've had Logos for a very long time and since a year with lots of books! And I have for example the base-text of NETS: the Göttingen Septuagint:
For LXX/Septuagint (including deuterocanon!), I LOVE:
NETS - New English Translation of the Septuagint

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What version would you recommend that is easier to read but yet very accurate?

If you want the full canon then try one of the 'common bible' editions, they are usually NRSV (New revised Standard Version) or RSV (Revised Standard Version).

I like Catholic bibles and the Orthodox Study Bible (except for a few of its notes which tend to be kind of hostile to Catholicism). So try the Jerusalem Bible (JB), New Jerusalem Bible (NJB), New Catholic Bible (NCB), Christian Community Bible (CCB), or New American Bible (NAB). All of which are relatively recent translations into English and all of which take advantage of recent biblical scholarship.

If you like the grandeur of the KJV - a lot of people tell me it is especially poetic but I don't see it that way - then try the Penguin Bible, it is a KJV with the whole canon (as it was when the KJV was first translated). The Penguin Bible uses modern spellings and modern letters but retains the antiquated English of the KJV. You will enjoy it if you like the KJV :)

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
PeterAV said:
The recent discoveries of the world's oldest New Testament fragment Magdelan Paprus A.D. 60 proves the KJV right yet again and the NIV,CEV,NRSV, JB, NASB, ESV, and most new versions wrong.
Untrue on several counts.

Info gleaned from G.A. Riplinger.
Therein lies your problem.

Upvote 0