Really? No threads about the Gillette ad yet?

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Chris Evans was one of the people online calling for the Covington kids to be railroaded, so picking an image of him as Cap isn't the best of choices.

And this matters because...?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Chris did something heinous, something the person he's playing would never do. So using him as a reference undermines the message.

Still not seeing any relevance -- perhaps if one addressed the topic of the thread, not individual posters' sig pics?

Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally I like the Mach 3 I think it’s a really good razor. It gives a very close shave and doesn’t give me razor burn like the cheaper razors. Although I don’t use the vibration function. To me it really doesn’t make any difference.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Personally I like the Mach 3 I think it’s a really good razor. It gives a very close shave and doesn’t give me razor burn like the cheaper razors. Although I don’t use the vibration function. To me it really doesn’t make any difference.:oldthumbsup:

That was my razor of choice for a long time, but they're just too expensive these days.

I use Harry's now -- they only last about half as long, but for a third of the price, I still come out ahead...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was my razor of choice for a long time, but they're just too expensive these days.

I use Harry's now -- they only last about half as long, but for a third of the price, I still come out ahead...

Yeah they are definitely expensive. Like 4 blades for $10 or 10 blades for $20. I’m sure they probably cost about $0.25 each to make :/

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sig pic?

That was displaying as part of your regular post.

Perhaps you haven't yet noticed that it displays as part of all my posts?

• Haha
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
A big part of teaching young men right from wrong is teaching them when they need to take a stand for something, and in some instances - like, say, someone coming for your wallet - that stand means the use of violence to defend self and others.

I'm not going to say there is never a time when the justified use of violence may be necessary. But there's a serious problem when the base assumption is that violence is the chief answer. Such a view is inherently incompatible with the Christian religion, as we have the commandments given in the Sermon on the Mount. For someone who identifies as a Christian the commandments of Jesus should take significant precedence over the cultural expectations of our generation.

Again, I'm not saying there aren't times when there exists a justified use of violence--but at the very least violence should never be assumed.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This:

A big part of teaching young men right from wrong is teaching them when they need to take a stand for something, and in some instances - like, say, someone coming for your wallet - that stand means the use of violence to defend self and others. I mean, the one guy stopping the other guy from getting too pushy with the ladies is an example of the judicious use of force in a proper fashion.

Agreed -- violence is sometimes necessary for defense... not offense.

Similarly, it should be the tool of last resort... not first.

Likewise, as cliche as it may be, there are times where some guys just need to knock each other around for a bit to establish where the boundaries are and what's going on.

Need to? Disagree -- choose to? Well, nothing wrong with a little good-natured roughhousing once in a while... provided all parties are agreeable.

Upvote 0