WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Boy oh boy. I don’t think the Lord really cares for this rapture theory.

EZEK.13 [17] Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, WHICH PROPHESY OUT OF THEIR OWN HEART; and prophesy thou against them,[18] And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?[19] And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, BY YOUR LYING TO MY PEOPLE that hear your lies?[20] Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith YE THERE HUNT THE SOULS TO MAKE THEM FLY, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.[21] Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. [22] BECAUSE WITH LIES YE HAVE made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and STRENGTHENED THE HANDS OF THE WICKED, that he should not return from his wicked way, BY PROMISING HIM LIFE:[23] Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Verse 15 of Jeremiah, not by taxi, boat or planes but in the “twinkling of an eye”.

JEREMIAH 16 [14] Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; [15] BUT, THE LORD LIVETH, THAT BROUGHT UP THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL FROM THE LAND OF THE NORTH, AND FROM ALL THE LANDS WHITHER HE HAD DRIVEN THEM: AND I WILL BRING THEM AGAIN INTO THEIR LAND THAT I GAVE UNTO THEIR FATHERS. [16] Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. [17] For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. [18] And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things. [19] O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, THE GENTILES SHALL COME UNTO THEE FROM THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND SHALL SAY, SURELY OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

What will the gentiles be saying after this event has taken place?

You a gentile A Brother in Christ?

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The above scripture points out that “we shall all be changed” as the LAST TRUMPET is blown. Yup, the very last trumpet to be blown. The last one. After the "last", there will be no more blown. BECAUSE its the "LAST" trumpet.

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. No matter how ya figure it, you cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown prior to the tribulation or mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation.

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See..ya shouldnt say things out the side of your mouth. You will be caught.

1 THES. 4 [13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye SORROW NOT, EVEN AS OTHERS which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with THE VOICE of the archangel, and with THE TRUMP OF GOD: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them IN THE CLOUDS, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1THES.4 – voice – clouds – trump of God – sorrow not as others -

ZEPH. 1 – voice – clouds – the trumpet – man shall cry bitterly -

ZEPH. 1 [14] The great DAY OF THE LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even THE VOICE of the day of the Lord: the mighty MAN SHALL CRY THERE BITTERLY. [15] That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS and thick darkness, [16] A DAY OF THE TRUMPET and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. [17] And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Seems the 2 above scriptures are speaking of the same event. The Day of the Lord. Theres just not enough time for you pre-midders.

Can ya see now Ole Brother? Are you still blind?

You know
Im just gonna guess this will be skipped over. I will recieve no answer. Youll go on and post various scriptures... no i take that back! Youve yet to post a scripture. You point to them but dont post them. There will be a long line of them, yet none posted. The shame be on ya!

I kinda knew youd ignore these scriptures

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No all saved Jews during the Law and tribulational saints will inherit the earth

God gives warning to people like you who try to take there promises .. Rev 2:9, 3:9 repent rev 3:13

No all saved jews during the law...

What in the world are you saying? Are you speaking in tounges?

did I say all ? I said all believing Jews will inherit the earth but not me I will inherit the Heavens

still having a problem read english...

Should i start looking for an interpreter. You speakin in toungues again?
since you can not read english I will write it down for you... so you have no excuse

1 thes 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

2 thes 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write to you.

2 thes 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the dayof the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
zeph 1:14, rev 6:4,16:15

2 thes 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
2 thes 2:11

2 thes 5:4 But ye Brethren are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

2 thes 5:5 Ye are all the son's of light, and the son's of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

2 thes 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

2 thes 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night

since you were not able

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Boy oh boy. I don’t think the Lord really cares for this rapture theory.

EZEK.13 [17] Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, WHICH PROPHESY OUT OF THEIR OWN HEART; and prophesy thou against them,[18] And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?[19] And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, BY YOUR LYING TO MY PEOPLE that hear your lies?[20] Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith YE THERE HUNT THE SOULS TO MAKE THEM FLY, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.[21] Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. [22] BECAUSE WITH LIES YE HAVE made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and STRENGTHENED THE HANDS OF THE WICKED, that he should not return from his wicked way, BY PROMISING HIM LIFE:[23] Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Verse 15 of Jeremiah, not by taxi, boat or planes but in the “twinkling of an eye”.

JEREMIAH 16 [14] Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; [15] BUT, THE LORD LIVETH, THAT BROUGHT UP THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL FROM THE LAND OF THE NORTH, AND FROM ALL THE LANDS WHITHER HE HAD DRIVEN THEM: AND I WILL BRING THEM AGAIN INTO THEIR LAND THAT I GAVE UNTO THEIR FATHERS. [16] Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. [17] For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes. [18] And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things. [19] O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, THE GENTILES SHALL COME UNTO THEE FROM THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND SHALL SAY, SURELY OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

What will the gentiles be saying after this event has taken place?

You a gentile A Brother in Christ?
the above verse is for Jews not a member of Christ

Of this earth ... yes but now I am neither Jew or Gentile but one with Christ .. gal 3:28
1COR.15 [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, AT THE LAST TRUMP: FOR THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The above scripture points out that “we shall all be changed” as the LAST TRUMPET is blown. Yup, the very last trumpet to be blown. The last one. After the "last", there will be no more blown. BECAUSE its the "LAST" trumpet.
Last trumpet that God blows not the last trumpet that angels blow .... who is blowing?

Notice a mystery .... do you understand mystery ... NO

because a mystery was something that God held from the Jews because He did not offer them the Rapture just as He did not offer Satan salvation after sinning

can't go to OT scripture to find a mystery ... yet you try

MATTHEW 24 [29]IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and THEY SHALL GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Here we find a trumpet being blown after the tribulation period. No matter how ya figure it, you cannot have the LAST TRUMPET being blown prior to the tribulation or mid tribulation if a trumpet is being blown AFTER the tribulation.
Jews mail ... not christians
1 thes 4:16-17 God blows the trumpet
And There Are Many More

But.. If you cant understand the simple, youll never understand the deep

I guess im atta here

sorry ... hopefully you have the gospel right!

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

A Brother In Christ said in post #87:
day of the Lord operates after the rapture in 1 thes
5:2 the beginning of the Great TRib and ends in
2 peter 3:10 when the earth is burned up

The day of the Lord begins at the second coming and
rapture:

"Waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may
be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ"
(1 Corinthians 1:7-8).

"The day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the
night" (1 Thessalonians 5:2).

This is referring to the second coming:

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that
watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk
naked, and they see his shame" (Revelation 16:15).

This is spoken after the sixth vial, at the very end
of the tribulation, for the second coming and rapture
won't be until after the tribulation:

"Immediately after the tribulation ... they shall see
the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with
power and great glory. And he shall send his angels
with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall
gather together his elect" (Matthew 24:29-31).

"The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our
gathering together unto him" (2 Thessalonians 2:1).

"We which are alive and remain unto the coming of
the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For
the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a
shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the
trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise
first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be
caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet
the Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17).

The burning up of the earth referred to by 2 Peter
3:10 will happen at the end of the day of the Lord,
which will include the entire millennium, for a
thousand years to God is as one day:

"Beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a
thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8).

After the millennium, and the subsequent battle of
Gog and Magog, the earth will be destroyed and
replaced by a new earth:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the
first heaven and the first earth were passed away;
and there was no more sea" (Revelation 21:1).

Kingdom of the heavens has has tares and wheat matt
13:25 which ARE defined in mt 13:38

"But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares
among the wheat, and went his way" (Matthew 13:25).

"The field is the world; the good seed are the
children of the kingdom; but the tares are the
children of the wicked one" (Matthew 13:38).

In that parable, Jesus teaches about an event when
the wicked will be gathered first and cast into the
fire, only after which the righteous will be
gathered into the Father's kingdom:

"Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them
in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into
my barn" (Matthew 13:30).

"As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in
the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they
shall gather out of his kingdom all things that
offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast
them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing
and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous
shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their
Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear"
(Matthew 13:40-43).

This could be referring to the great white throne
judgment, after Jesus' millennial reign, when the
wicked will be cast into the lake of fire, and then
the righteous will enter into New Jerusalem on the
new earth:

"Whosoever was not found written in the book of life
was cast into the lake of fire. And I saw a new
heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the
first earth were passed away; and there was no more
sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem,
coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a
bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great
voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of
God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and
they shall be his people, and God himself shall be
with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away
all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more
death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall
there be any more pain: for the former things are
passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me,
Write: for these words are true and faithful"
(Revelation 20:15-21:5).

the day of Christ is the Rapture... yet you disagree
of pretrib ... each name of his is showing out a
characterestic of that name

The day of the Lord and the day of Christ are the
same day, "the day of our Lord Jesus Christ"
(1 Corinthians 1:8), which will begin with the
second coming and rapture, after the tribulation.

the day of God is when the trinity operates in total
freedom because it has had defined roles by them
selves after the 1000 yr reign ... this is where all
believers are alive and glorified are operating in
the kingdom of God Lk 17:20-21

The day of the Lord and the day of God are the same
day, the day in which the heavens and the earth will
be destroyed:

"The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the
night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with
a great noise, and the elements shall melt with
fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are
therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all
these things shall be dissolved, what manner of
persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and
godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming
of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire
shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with
fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his
promise, look for new heavens and a new earth,
wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:10-13).

Regarding Luke 17:20-21, Jesus spoke that to the
Pharisees, who were more interested in outward shows
than inward goodness:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for
ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the
platter, but within they are full of extortion and
excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which
is within the cup and platter, that the outside of
them may be clean also" (Matthew 23:25-26).

So when they asked him about the kingdom, He wanted
them to focus on the inner kingdom, and not worry
about the outward kingdom which would not appear in
their lifetimes anyway:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the
kingdom of God should come, he answered them and
said, The kingdom of God cometh not with
observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo
there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you"
(Luke 17:20-21).

Here Jesus didn't mean that the outward kingdom would
never appear, for right after this he tells the
apostles:

"As the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one
part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under
heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day"
(Luke 17:24).

Jesus told the apostles that they would be part of
His outward kingdom at His return:

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration
when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his
glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones,
judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matthew 19:28).

"I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath
appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my
table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the
twelve tribes of Israel" (Luke 22:29-30).

These thrones are probably the same as those
referred to in the passage about the church in the
millennium:

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and
judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of
them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,
and for the word of God, and which had not
worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had
received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their
hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a
thousand years" (Revelation 20:4).

the day of man we have been operating since Adam was
brought to earth.. 1 cor 4:3 gotta look in greek

"But with me it is a very small thing that I should
be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge
not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet
am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is
the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time,
until the Lord come" (1 Corinthians 4:3-5).

This is referring to the judgment of the church at
the second coming:

"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord
Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead
at his appearing and his kingdom" (2 Timothy 4:1).

After the tribulation, at the second coming, the
rapture will gather the church together into the
clouds to meet Jesus in the air and to be judged by
Him there:

"He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the
earth, that he may judge his people. Gather my saints
together unto me" (Psalms 50:3-5).

"Then shall he send his angels, and shall gather
together his elect from the four winds, from the
uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of
heaven" (Mark 13:27).

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of
Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:10).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Satan has been ruling the world before this world
1st flood.. ezek 28:11-19, gen 1:2 isa 45:18,
isa 66:1-2 .. Satan lost his rule.. then when Adam
sinned took his place over the world and will have
limited authority eph 2:2, dan 4:25-26 , job 1:6 ,
1 peter 5:8 BUT the difference is that Satan wrath
come forth when he notices his time is short ..
james 2:17-18

While the dragon Satan was given rule over the whole
world, he has never been worshipped by the whole
world, as he will be in the tribulation:

"And they worshipped the dragon" (Revelation 13:4).

Satan was willing to give to Jesus his rule over the
world if only Jesus would worship him:

"And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain,
shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a
moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this
power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for
that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I
give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall
be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get
thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt
worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou
serve" (Luke 4:5-8).

While Jesus refused Satan's offer, the Antichrist has
already accepted it, and so he will receive all of
Satan's power during the tribulation, and he will be
worshipped by the whole world along with Satan:

"And the dragon gave him his power, and his seat ...
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto
the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who
is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with
him? ... And all that dwell upon the earth shall
worship him, whose names are not written in the book
of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the
world" (Revelation 13:2,4,8).

Regarding your reference to Ezekiel 28:11-19, that
could refer to Lucifer being "in Eden the garden of
God" and being "the anointed cherub that covereth".
God could have given the unfallen Lucifer rule over
the newly created Adam and Eve in order to watch
over them and protect them.

But Lucifer could have chafed at his assignment,
seeing it as beneath his dignity. He could have become
proud as he compared himself with "these pathetic mud
creatures I'm supposed to babysit on this pinprick
planet, instead of being where I belong, up in heaven
ruling over all the angels there":

"I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne
above the stars of God" (Isaiah 14:13).

Here the "stars" could represent the angels, as they
do elsewhere:

"The seven stars are the angels" (Revelation 1:20).

Lucifer could have come to see Adam and Eve's
continued existence as thwarting his desire to be in
heaven, for as long as they were alive he had to
stay down on the earth watching over them. But if he
in some way could get God to kill them off for some
act of disobedience, then there would be no reason
for him to remain on the earth; God could release him
from his earthly assignment and allow him to return
to heaven.

If this was Lucifer's plan, it failed, for even
though Adam and Eve did eventually die for their
disobedience, God first allowed them to live long
enough to have offspring, and God could have allowed
Lucifer's original rule over Adam and Eve to be
extended to their offspring. But now, with Lucifer's
fall and becoming Satan, mankind would no longer
have the "covering cherub" Lucifer ruling over them
for good, but would have the "adversary" Satan
ruling over them for evil.

Regarding your reference to Genesis 1:2, "And the
earth was without form, and void", that could refer
to the earth after some sort of cataclysm had
rendered it void of all evolved life. God could have
then miraculously restored the earth in six literal
days.

Regarding your reference to Isaiah 45:18, "The LORD
that created the heavens; God himself that formed
the earth", that could refer to the same event as
Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the
heaven and the earth", which could refer to God's
original creation of the earth and its atmosphere
billions of years ago.

Regarding your reference to Isaiah 66:1-2, "The
heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:
where is the house that ye build unto me?", that
means that we shouldn't think that God can be
limited to the earth or any temple: "Will God indeed
dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of
heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house
that I have builded?" (1 Kings 8:27).

Regarding your reference to Ephesians 2:2, "In time
past ye walked according to the course of this world,
according to the prince of the power of the air, the
spirit that now worketh in the children of
disobedience", that means that even Christians,
before they got saved, were, like the rest of the
world, under Satan's power.

Regarding your reference to Daniel 4:25-26, "The
most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth
it to whomsoever he will", that means that the human
rulers of the world are ultimately determined by
God: "The powers that be are ordained of God"
(Romans 13:1).

Regarding your reference to Job 1:6, "Now there was
a day when the sons of God came to present
themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also
among them", that means that even though Satan is
still assigned to the earth, he is allowed to make
trips to heaven.

Regarding your reference to 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober,
be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a
roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may
devour", that shows that Satan is our active enemy on
the earth.

Regarding your statement "Satan wrath come forth when
he notices his time is short", that would apply to the
tribulation: "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and
of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you,
having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath
but a short time" (Revelation 12:12). Satan's "coming
down" refers to his no longer being allowed to make
any trips into heaven after an endtime war in heaven:
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels
fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and
his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their
place found any more in heaven" (Revelation 12:7-8).

Regarding your reference to James 2:17-18, "Faith, if
it hath not works, is dead", that means that we must
have works of faith: "Ye see then how that by works a
man is justified, and not by faith only" (James 2:24).
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth
the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew
7:21).

Since the day of God, Lord, Christ mean the same thing

WHY name the Holy Spirit
God the Father ,
God the Son

there all God we need to change God word and name
them all the same since they do not mean what God
says

They do mean what God says. While the Trinity is
still three different Persons, "God, Lord, Christ"
can still mean the same thing when referring to "the
day of" God, Lord, Christ, just as Jesus Himself can
be referred to as either God or Lord or Christ:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and
my God" (John 20:28).

"The glorious appearing of the great God and our
Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).

"The day of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians
1:8).

look at the word apostasy in the verb form in greek
in its usages in the bible it will define it
departure ... apsoyasy is a transfiguration of the
greek word not a translation

"Apostasy" would be a valid translation of the Greek
word "apostasia", for apostasy/apostasia is a
departure, from one's faith.

In 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Paul doesn't use the verb
form, but the noun form:

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day
shall not come, except there come a falling away
[apostasia] first, and that man of sin be revealed,
the son of perdition".

This noun form is used in the Bible to refer not to
a physical departure from a location, but to a
mental defection from one's former allegiance:

"Thou teachest all the Jews which are among the
Gentiles to forsake [apostasia] Moses" (Acts 21:21).

Here Paul wasn't being accused of causing Jews to
depart physically from Moses, for Moses was not on
the earth at that time. Instead, Paul was being
accused of causing Jews to depart from their faith
in Moses' Old Covenant commandments.

In the latter times some in the church will depart,
not physically from the earth, but from the faith:

"The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter
times some shall depart from the faith" (1 Timothy
4:1).

"The love of many shall wax cold" (Matthew 24:12).

"And it shall come to pass, that when they shall be
hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their
king and their God, and look upward. And they shall
look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness,
dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to
darkness" (Isaiah 8:21).

Bible2 had quoted 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #87:
the reason for 1 thes 4:18, 1thes 5:1

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words"
(1 Thessalonians 4:18).

Here the comfort is not that Christians won't have
to go through the tribulation, but that their dead
loved ones who were Christians have not perished,
but are in heaven and will be brought back from
heaven by Jesus to be resurrected:

"I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren,
concerning them which are asleep [dead], that ye
sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if
we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so
them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with
him. For this we say unto you by the word of the
Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the
coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are
asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from
heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel,
and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ
shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain
shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be
with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with
these words" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).

Regarding your reference to 1 Thessalonians 5:1, did
you mean 1 Thessalonians 5:11 instead?

"Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one
another, even as also ye do" (1 Thessalonians 5:11).

Here the comfort is not that Christians won't have
to go through the tribulation, but that no matter
whether they live or die, now or in the tribulation,
they will be with Jesus:

"Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep
[live or die], we should live together with him.
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one
another, even as also ye do" (1 Thessalonians
5:10-11).

Those Christians who will die in the tribulation will
even be blessed:

"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me,
Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord
from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit"
(Revelation 14:13).

For Christians, there is no dichotomy between
tribulation and comfort, for God comforts Christians
even while they are in tribulation:

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all
comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation,
that we may be able to comfort them which are in any
trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are
comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ
abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by
Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your
consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the
enduring of the same sufferings which we also
suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your
consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is
stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the
sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation"
(2 Corinthians 1:3-7).

So when we go back and read 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
again, we find that we can still have comfort even
though it tells us clearly that the day of Christ's
coming to gather us together cannot come until
sometime after an apostasy happens in the church
and the Antichrist sits in a rebuilt Jewish temple
and proclaims himself God:

"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our
Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together
unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be
troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by
letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at
hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that
day shall not come, except there come a falling away
[apostasia] first, and that man of sin be revealed,
the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth
himself above all that is called God, or that is
worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple
of God, shewing himself that he is God"
(2 Thessalonians 2:1-4).

"Ye therefore shall see the abomination of
desolation" (Matthew 24:15).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

Bible2 had quoted Revelation 13:7
---
these saints are differant .. 1 cor 15:23 3 different
glorifications of like mind people why .. God chose
to do so!

The saints in the tribulation are not different, for
they have the same "faith of Jesus" (Revelation
14:12), and so are part of His body, His church, His
bride:

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are
called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one
faith" (Ephesians 4:4-5).

"The church, Which is his body" (Ephesians 1:22-23).

"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and
of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his
father and mother, and shall be joined unto his
wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a
great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and
the church" (Ephesians 5:30-32).

Regarding your reference to 1 Corinthians 15:23,
that refers to the resurrection of Christ, and to
the resurrection of the church at His second coming:

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all
be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ
the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at
his coming" (1 Corinthians 15:22-23).

The saints in the tribulation will be resurrected
with the rest of the church at the second coming:

"I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the
witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which
had not worshipped the beast, neither his image,
neither had received his mark upon their foreheads,
or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with
Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead
lived not again until the thousand years were
finished. This is the first resurrection"
(Revelation 20:4-5).

Regarding your reference to "different
glorifications", this first resurrection, the
resurrection of the church, will not be different
than the resurrection of Christ:

"We look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who
shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned
like unto his glorious body" (Philippians 3:20-21).

"We shall be like him" (1 John 3:2).

Bible2 had quoted Matthew 24:15
---
1 cor 1:22 this is a sign to the believing Jews that
God is not there and they start there fleeing from
Jersalem

desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand
in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him
understand). Then let them which be in Judaea flee
into the mountains" (Matthew 24:15-16).

This is addressed to all believers, Jewish or
Gentile, for today there are many Gentile believers
living in Judaea, and even those living outside of
Judaea may be able to see the abomination of
desolation performed live on worldwide television.

Regarding your reference to 1 Corinthians 1:22, "For
the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after
wisdom", that is referring to unbelieving Jews and
Gentiles, as opposed to believing Jews and Gentiles
who do not require those things, but believe through
simple, seemingly "foolish", preaching:

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by
wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the
foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek
after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto
the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks
foolishness; But unto them which are called, both
Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the
wisdom of God" (1 Corinthians 1:21-24).

difference of world's wrath, satan's wrath, God wrath

God promised that He would disipline us so that we
will not be judged with this world .. 1 cor 11:32

we are under no quality of wrath... from God 1 thes 5:9

but under other wraths yes... this is not all world

"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to
obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ"
(1 Thessalonians 5:9).

Those who have obtained salvation can go through the
tribulation without being appointed to God's wrath or
world-judgment, for nothing requires that any of the
seals or trumpets of the tribulation (Revelation 6-9)
are God's wrath or world-judgment, and nothing
requires that any of the vials of God's wrath and
world-judgment (Revelation 16), at the very end of
the tribulation, will be directed in any way at those
who have obtained salvation.

Bible2 had quoted Matthew 24:9
---
talking to Jews .. world dwellers .. matt 2:2

"Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and
shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations
for my name's sake" (Matthew 24:9).

This is addressing all Christians, Jewish and
Gentile, whoever will be hated for the name of Christ.

"If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy
are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth
upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on
your part he is glorified... if any man suffer as a
Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him
glorify God on this behalf" (1 Peter 4:14-16).

Regarding your reference to "world dwellers", even
Christians "are in the world" (John 17:11), even
though "they are not of the world" (John 17:14).

"I also sent them into the world" (John 17:18).

"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of
the world" (John 17:15).

Regarding your reference to Matthew 2:2, "Saying,
Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we
have seen his star in the east, and are come to
worship him", Jesus is the King of Gentiles as
well, and both Jewish and Gentile believers will
reign with Him on the earth during the millennium:

"For thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by
thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and
people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God
kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth"
(Revelation 5:9-10).

"They shall be priests of God and of Christ, and
shall reign with him a thousand years"
(Revelation 20:6).

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto
the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the
vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers:
even as I received of my Father. And I will give him
the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear
what the Spirit saith unto the churches"
(Revelation 2:26-29).

we are the bride of Christ ..citizen of the heavens
we are Part of Christ why would he bloody his bride
before showing the Father

The Christians in the tribulation are also the bride
of Christ and are also citizens of heaven. By the
time of the marriage of the Lamb, they will no longer
be bloody, just as all the Christians who have
suffered and died throughout history will no longer
by bloody, for the marriage of the Lamb doesn't occur
until after the tribulation, at the second coming
and rapture, when the bride will be given clean and
white linen:

"The marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath
made herself ready. And to her was granted that she
should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for
the fine linen is the righteousness of saints"
(Revelation 19:7-8).

this offects your daily life in following Christ ...
2 peter 3:18... not law gal 2:21

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord
and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now
and for ever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if
righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in
vain" (Galatians 2:21).

The Christians in the tribulation will not have any
righteousness from the law, but from "the faith of
Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

"Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of
Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe"
(Romans 3:22).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Bible2 had referred to the suffering of Job.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #89:
God allowed the suffering ... but did not cause it job 1:6
1 cor 10:13

It could be the same way with the seals and trumpets
of the tribulation (Revelation 6-9). God could be
allowing them but not causing them, so the Christians
on the earth could suffer through them just as Job
suffered through his trials. And though God
definitely causes the vials of wrath (Revelation 16),
at the very end of the tribulation, nothing requires
that they will be directed in any way at the
Christians on the earth.

Bible2 had referred to Revelation 6:16-17.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #89:
Since the Spirit has given John a vision for
revelations.

I believe that the spirit means what He says to John ...

The Unbeliever know that during this time God is
sending down his wrath...yet it will get much worst

The Spirit Himself isn't saying Revelation 6:16-17;
terrified unbelievers are. While they mean what they
say, they could be mistaken, just as unbelievers are
mistaken in other Spirit-given writings by John, for
they say that Jesus is a deceiver:

"He deceiveth the people" (John 7:12).

"That deceiver" (Matthew 27:63).

Even believers can be mistaken in what they are
quoted as saying in the Spirit-given scriptures, for
Job mistakenly thinks that his suffering is God's
wrath against him:

"He hath also kindled his wrath against me"
(Job 19:11).

If even righteous Job can be mistaken in calling
something God's wrath, how much more could the
wicked in Revelation 6:16-17 be mistaken in calling
the sixth seal God's wrath?

WailingWall said in post #91:
You believe theres a rapture. Your gonna believe it
no matter what scripture says.

Scripture says there's a rapture. The rapture is our
being "caught up together" and "gathered together" to
Jesus at His second coming:

"We which are alive and remain shall be caught up
together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord
in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

"The coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our
gathering together unto him" (2 Thessalonians 2:1).

This will happen after the tribulation:

"Immediately after the tribulation ... they shall
see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven
with power and great glory. And he shall send his
angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they
shall gather together his elect" (Matthew 24:29-31).

WailingWall said in post #91:
... if your to believe your rapture is real you must
believe its happens on the Day of the Lord

It does, for the day of the Lord begins at the second
coming:

"So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the
coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also
confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless
in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ"
(1 Corinthians 1:7-8).

A Brother In Christ said in post #92:
I will now show you the difference of NT saints hope
vs OT saints hope of a glorified body
OT saint promise... Dan 12:2 , 11-13 : 75 days after
the second coming is when they get glorified which
is after the Beast coming to power after the
tribulation among other things that must happen ..
matt 24

NT saints promise ... at any moment we will be
changed into are glorified bodies ... major difference

No scripture says that NT saints can be changed at
any moment, just as neither Daniel 12:2,11-13 nor
Matthew 24 nor any other scripture says that the NT
saints have any different hope than the OT saints
now have, or that the OT saints will have to wait
until 75 days after the second coming to be
resurrected. All saints now have the same hope: to be
resurrected at the second coming:

Daniel 12:11-12 means that all believers must wait
until the 1335th day after the abomination of
desolation for the second coming.

After the abomination of desolation, the Antichrist
will be allowed to rule for 42 months (Revelation
13:5), which is about 1,260 days. At the end of that
time could be when God begins to pour out his vials
of wrath on the Antichrist and his followers
(Revelation 16). The first six vials could last for
30 days, bringing us to the 1290th day after the
abomination of desolation, which is when the blessing
of Daniel 12:12 will be spoken, encouraging believers
to hang on for just 45 more days until Jesus comes.
These 45 days could be taken up with the gathering
of the armies of the world to Armageddon.

Jesus' blessing in Revelation 16:15 spoken to
believers on the earth after the sixth vial could be
the same blessing as Daniel 12:12:

"Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the
thousand three hundred and five and thirty days"
(Daniel 12:12).

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that
watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk
naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them
together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue
Armageddon" (Revelation 16:15-16).

A Brother In Christ replied in post #92:

OT saints receive Eternal life at the 2nd coming
..dan 12:2

NT saint have eternal life right now... 1 jn 5:11-13

All saints, no matter whether they're OT or NT,
have eternal life now spiritually and hope for it
physically at the second coming resurrection of the
saints:

"Ye have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).

"In hope of eternal life ...
"That blessed hope ...
"The hope of eternal life" (Titus 1:2, 2:13, 3:7).

"Even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting
for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen
is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet
hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then
do we with patience wait for it" (Romans 8:23-25).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath
begotten us again unto a lively hope by the
resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an
inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that
fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are
kept by the power of God through faith unto
salvation ready to be revealed in the last time"
(1 Peter 1:3-5).

"The hope of salvation" (1 Thessalonians 5:8).

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober,
and hope to the end for the grace that is to be
brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ"
(1 Peter 1:13).

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bride:
So do we ignore heb 11:39-40 and 2 peter 1:4

heb 11:39 And these all having obtained a good report through faith, recieved not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made mature.

2 peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding greatest and best promises: that by these ye might be parataker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

good , better, best ...

eph 2:11-12 ... gentile had no promises ... no access to God

all scripture for NT saints

Gentiles had no promises prior to the cross... eph 2:11-12

Tribulation saints

This is for the church ... Not OT saints

they are looking at matt 25:14-30 different degrees of status

as 1peter 2:11 states we are pilgrams and stranger while being here for a short time not eternity

out of context again
of Christ and are also citizens of heaven.
So who is in the throne room in rev 4.... raptured IN CHRIST believers who is the bride who has the best promises
By the
white linen:

faith is what saves all believers

what God gives as a promises is Christ ... what is your promises

many verse taken out of context

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bride:

lets read eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are call uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands 12 That at that time ye were without Christ being aliens from the politics of Israel, and starngers from the covenants of promise having no hope, and without God in the world.

99.9% of Gentiles had no access to God prior to the cross. except a few example ... 99.9 % of gentile had no hope!
We are firstfruits .. according to romans 8:23 called rapture
gal 3:16, 1 cor 12:12-13 No old Testament saints got this close under law!

of Christ and are also citizens of heaven. By the
white linen:

2 peter 1:4, heb 11:39-40 deal with these verses

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Bible2 had said:
bride.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #113:
So do we ignore heb 11:39-40 and 2 peter 1:4

No. We ignore nothing.

"And these all, having obtained a good report through
faith, received not the promise: God having provided
some better thing for us, that they without us should
not be made perfect" (Hebrews 11:39-40).

That isn't referring to the saints in the
tribulation, but to the saints in the Old Testament.
The saints in the tribulation are saints in the New
Testament, after the cross and the resurrection of
Christ have been completed. The saints in the
tribulation are no different than any other New
Testament saints.

Regarding the saints in the Old Testament, Hebrews
11:39-40 in no way means that they can never receive
the promise or be made perfect like the New
Testament saints; it only means that they couldn't
receive the fulfillment of the promise or be made
perfect before the cross and resurrection of Christ
had been completed. After the cross and resurrection
of Christ had been completed, they, with the New
Testament saints, did receive the fulfillment of the
promise and were made perfect, for after His
resurrection Jesus went down into Hades where the
souls of the dead Old Testament saints were and
preached to them the completion of His cross and
resurrection, and then He drew all of their souls up
into heaven to be with Him:

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the
just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by
the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto
the spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19).

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to
them that are dead" (1 Peter 4:6).

"Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he
led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. Now
that he ascended, what is it but that he also
descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"
(Ephesians 4:8-9).

So now, after the cross and the resurrection of
Christ have been completed, the Old Testament saints
are no different than the New Testament saints;
they're all in effect New Testament saints, for
now they all by one faith partake of all the
benefits of the completed cross and resurrection of
Christ.

That's why it says:

"Ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of
the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an
innumerable company of angels, To the general
assembly and church of the firstborn, which are
written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and
to the spirits of just men made perfect"
(Hebrews 12:22-23).

These "just men made perfect" who are in heaven
include all of the former Old Testament saints who
had just been listed in great detail in the chapter
just prior (Hebrews 11); they are included in the
"cloud of witnesses" where it says "we also are
compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses"
(Hebrews 12:1).

Regarding your referece to 2 Peter 1:4:

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and
precious promises: that by these ye might be
partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the
corruption that is in the world through lust".

The fulfillments of these same promises were all
extended to all of the former Old Testament saints
after the cross and resurrection of Christ had been
completed, for it is through the cross and
resurrection of Christ that anyone with faith
receives the fulfillments of these promises, among
the most important of which is the forgiveness of
sins and the receiving of healings and the receiving
of the Holy Spirit, all of which was promised in the
Old Testament:

"He was wounded for our transgressions, he was
bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our
peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are
healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have
turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath
laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:5-6).

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will
pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and
your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall
dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And
also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in
those days will I pour out my spirit" (Joel 2:28-29).

Everything Jesus accomplished in the New Testament
had been foretold in the Old Testament:

"And he said unto them, These are the words which I
spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all
things must be fulfilled, which were written in the
law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the
psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their
understanding, that they might understand the
scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written,
and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise
from the dead the third day: And that repentance and
remission of sins should be preached in his name
among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem"
(Luke 24:44-47).

Paul always emphasized that the gospel of Christ was
fully documented, fully foretold, in the Old
Testament:

"I [Paul] continue unto this day, witnessing both to
small and great, saying none other things than those
which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the
first that should rise from the dead, and should shew
light unto the people, and to the Gentiles"
(Acts 26:22-23).

Note that even the salvation of the Gentiles was
foretold in the Old Testament:

"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest
be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to
restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give
thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest
be my salvation unto the end of the earth"
(Isaiah 49:6).

Paul always emphasized that fact:

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the
same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by
the gospel" (Ephesians 3:6).

Fellowheirs with whom? Of the same body as whom?
Fellowheirs with Israel, of the same body as Israel,
for Gentile believers have now been grafted into
Israel and made fellowcitizens in Israel:

"Thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among
them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness
of the olive tree" (Romans 11:17).

"The Gentiles have been made partakers of their
spiritual things" (Romans 15:27).

"At that time ye were without Christ, being aliens
from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from
the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without
God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who
sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of
Christ ... Now therefore ye are no more strangers and
foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints"
(Ephesians 2:12-13,19).

What covenants of promise given to Israel have
Gentile believers now been made partakers of? The
covenant given to Abraham, which was the promise of
the gospel of Christ, the New Covenant:

"Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted
to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that
they which are of faith, the same are the children
of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God
would justify the heathen through faith, preached
before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee
shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be
of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham ...
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the
Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive
the promise of the Spirit through faith ... And if
ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and
heirs according to the promise" (Galatians
3:6-9,14,29).

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will
make a new covenant with the house of Israel ...
and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jeremiah 31:31,34).

"For this is my blood of the new testament [new
covenant], which is shed for many for the remission
of sins" (Matthew 26:28).

So how silly it would be for anyone to think that the
New Testament saints have some promises not given to
the Old Testament saints. It's exactly the opposite:
the salvation of the New Testament saints, no matter
whether they're Jews or Gentiles, comes as they are
made partakers of the promises given originally to
the Old Testament saints, which promises were
fulfilled and their full benefits given through the
cross and resurrection of Christ, which events the
Old Testament saints through the Spirit of Christ
knew had to happen before they, or anyone else,
could receive the full benefits of the promises:

"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation
of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have
enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of
the grace that should come unto you: Searching what,
or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which
was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand
the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should
follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto
themselves, but unto us they did minister the things,
which are now reported unto you by them that have
preached the gospel unto you" (1 Peter 1:9-12).

This doesn't mean that the Old Testament saints would
never receive the grace of Christ, only that what
they foretold about the cross and resurrection would
not happen in their lifetimes, but in the lifetimes
of the apostles of Christ and those the apostles
were writing to in the first century.

But even though the Old Testament saints would not
live to see the fulfillment of Christ's cross and
resurrection, even in Old Testament times God
nonetheless allowed them to partake of a measure of
His grace in anticipation of what Christ would
fulfill. For even in Old Testament times they had
the Spirit of Christ in them:

"The Spirit of Christ which was in them" (1 Peter
1:11).

And so they were Christ's, just as any saint is
Christ's by having the Spirit of Christ in him:

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he
is none of his" (Romans 8:9).

The Old Testament saints saw Christ and knew Christ
and lived for Christ and were spiritually nourished
by Christ:

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he
saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56).

"But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you
the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not
Abraham" (John 8:40).

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused
to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing
rather to suffer affliction with the people of God,
than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than
the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the
recompence of the reward" (Hebrews 11:24-26).

"They drank of that spiritual Rock that followed
them: and that Rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:4).

Moses and Elijah are so close to Christ that they
were the ones who were seen standing next to him
at the transfiguration:

"And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and
they were talking with Jesus" (Mark 9:4).

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the other former Old
Testament saints will all be in the kingdom of
heaven with all the New Testament saints:

"Many shall come from the east and west, and shall
sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the
kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 8:11).

Those in the kingdom of heaven will be greater than
anything possible before the cross and resurrection
of Christ had been completed:

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of
women there hath not risen a greater than John the
Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the
kingdom of heaven is greater than he" (Matthew
11:11).

This in no way means that John the Baptist won't
be in the kingdom of heaven, but that the least
person washed in the shed blood of Christ and
partaking of the spiritual benefits of the
completed resurrection of Christ is greater than
the greatest saint could be before Christ's blood
was actually shed and before Christ was actually
resurrected.

And these "least in the kingdom of heaven" will
include not only Jewish New Testament saints, but also
Gentile New Testament saints, for even the Old
Testament again and again had foretold the salvation
of the Gentiles, that the Gentles would become
partakers of Christ's fulfillment of the promises
made to the Old Testament saints:

"Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the
circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the
promises made unto the fathers: And that the
Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is
written, For this cause I will confess to thee among
the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. And again he
saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. And
again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud
him, all ye people. And again, Esaias saith, There
shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to
reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles
trust" (Romans 15:8-12).

(Continued)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

Paul always went to the Old Testament scriptures to
prove and make manifest the gospel of Christ:

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an
apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he
had promised afore by his prophets in the holy
scriptures) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Romans 1:1-3).

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you
according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus
Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery,
which was kept secret since the world began, But now
is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the
prophets" (Romans 16:25-26).

gospel of Christ was some new thing nowhere foretold
in the Old Testament scriptures:

"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the
prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have
suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he
expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things
concerning himself" (Luke 24:25-27).

"Brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
preached unto you, which also ye have received, and
wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye
keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye
have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first
of all that which I also received, how that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures; And
that he was buried, and that he rose again the third
day according to the scriptures" (1 Corinthians
15:1-4).

Indeed the Old Testament scriptures not only foretold
what the gospel of Christ would be, they even showed
Old Testament saints by God's grace partaking by
faith of some of the same benefits that would accrue
to saints after the cross and resurrection of Christ
had been completed:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God,
and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now
to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of
grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but
believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his
faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David
also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto
whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are
forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the
man to whom the Lord will not impute sin ...
|
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;
to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed;
not to that only which is of the law, but to that
also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the
father of us all" (Romans 4:3-8,16).

A Brother In Christ said in post #113:
eph 2:11-12 ... gentile had no promises ... no access
to God

"Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past
Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision
by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh
made by hands; That at that time ye were without
Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having
no hope, and without God in the world"
(Ephesians 2:11-12).

That refers to the requirement of circumcision, which
Old Testament Gentiles had to submit to before they
could become part of Old Testament Israel:

"And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and
will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males
be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep
it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land:
for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. One
law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the
stranger that sojourneth among you" (Exodus 12:48-49).

Such Gentiles could even pray at the temple and have
their prayers answered by God:

"Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of
thy people Israel, but is come from a far country
for thy great name's sake, and thy mighty hand, and
thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this
house; Then hear thou from the heavens, even from
thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the
stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the
earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy
people Israel" (2 Chronicles 6:32-33).

Such Gentiles were in no way to think that they were
separated from Israel or the temple or its Old
Covenant sacrifices:

"Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath
joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD
hath utterly separated me from his people ... the
sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the
LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD,
to be his servants, every one that keepeth the
sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my
covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their
burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be
accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be
called an house of prayer for all people" (Isaiah
56:3,6-7).

Such Gentiles were in no way to be held at arm's
length by the Israelites:

"The stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto
you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him
as thyself" (Leviticus 19:34).

It would even be possible for such Gentiles to
inherit the land of Israel with the Israelites:

"So shall ye divide this land unto you according to
the tribes of Israel. And it shall come to pass, that
ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto
you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you,
which shall beget children among you: and they shall
be unto you as born in the country among the children
of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among
in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye
give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD"
(Ezekiel 47:21-23).

So believing Gentiles had a lot of promises and had
full access to God, even under the Old Covenant, so
long as they got physically circumcised and kept the
Old Covenant law. Under the New Covenant, believing
Gentiles no longer need to be physically circumcised
or keep the Old Covenant law in order to receive the
New Covenant's promises and access to God:

"Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the
circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through
faith" (Romans 3:30).

"For there is verily a disannulling of the
commandment going before for the weakness and
unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing
perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did;
by the which we draw nigh unto God"
(Hebrews 7:18-19).

Bible2 had quoted Philippians 3:20-21; 1 John 3:2.
---
This is for the church ... Not OT saints

they are looking at matt 25:14-30 different degrees
of status

No scripture says or requires that the former Old
Testament saints aren't now in the church, or that
they won't be resurrected at exactly the same time
and fashion as the rest of the church. And Matthew
25:14-30, the parable of the talents, includes all
those in the church who are watching for Jesus'
second coming:

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor
the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. For the
kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far
country, who called his own servants, and delivered
unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five
talents, to another two, and to another one; to
every man according to his several ability ...
After a long time the lord of those servants cometh,
and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received
five talents came and brought other five talents,
saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents:
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and
faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few
things, I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy lord" (Matthew
25:13-15,20-21).

"I will give unto every one of you according to
your works" (Revelation 2:23).

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with
me, to give every man according as his work shall
be" (Revelation 22:12).

"And if ye call on the Father, who without respect
of persons judgeth according to every man's work,
pass the time of your sojourning here in fear"
(1 Peter 1:17).

Christ; that every one may receive the things done
in his body, according to that he hath done, whether
it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of
the Lord ..." (2 Corinthians 5:10-11).

"His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked
and slothful servant ... Cast ye the unprofitable
servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping
and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:26,30).

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into
subjection: lest that by any means, when I have
preached to others, I myself should be a castaway"
(1 Corinthians 9:27).

"We labour, that, whether present or absent, we may
be accepted of him" (2 Corinthians 5:9).

1peter 2:11 states we are pilgrams and stranger while
being here for a short time not eternity

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and
pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war
against the soul" (1 Peter 2:11).

While Christians are strangers and pilgrims on this
current earth, they do hope to live on the new earth
for eternity, for that's where God Himself will live
for eternity:

"We, according to his promise, look for new heavens
and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"
(2 Peter 3:13).

and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy
city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of
heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he
will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them, and be their
God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their
eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither
sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more
pain: for the former things are passed away. And he
that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all
things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these
words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:1-5).

And even before the new earth, Christians hope to
live on this old earth with Christ during His
millennial reign:

shall reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation
20:6).

"He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the
end, to him will I give power over the nations: And
he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the

So who is in the throne room in rev 4.... raptured IN
CHRIST believers who is the bride who has the best
promises

Nothing in Revelation 4 requires that any believers
have been raptured by that time, for the four beasts
and the 24 elders could be angelic beings who have
been worshipping God continually for ages and ages,
even before men had even been created, and just as
they were doing in Old Testament times:

"Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD" (Isaiah 6:3).
"Holy, holy, holy, Lord" (Revelation 4:8).

Regarding "the bride who has the best promises",
nothing requires that any of the former Old Testament
saints are not now part of the bride, or that any of
the New Testament saints in the tribulation will not
be part of the bride, for they all have the one faith
that now makes people part of the bride, the body of
Christ, the church:

father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife,
and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great
mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the
church" (Ephesians 5:30-32).

And "the best promises" of the church are those made
in the Old Testament to Israel:

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth ... the
promises" (Romans 9:4).

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made.
He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of
one, And to thy seed, which is Christ ... And if ye
be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs
according to the promise" (Galatians 3:16,29).

(Continued)

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

What are some of the promises made to Israel that
believing Gentiles now partake of?

"The promise of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:33):
"I will pour out my spirit" (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:17).

"That the blessing of Abraham might come on the
Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive
the promise of the Spirit through faith"
(Galatians 3:14).

"The gospel of God, Which he had promised afore by
his prophets" (Romans 1:1-2).

"God according to his promise raised unto Israel a
Saviour, Jesus" (Acts 13:23).

"The promise which was made unto the fathers, God
hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in
that he hath raised up Jesus again" (Acts 13:32-33).

The promise of the resurrection of the saints:

"I [Paul] stand and am judged for the hope of the
promise made of God unto our fathers: Unto which
promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day
and night, hope to come" (Acts 26:6-7).

"For the hope of Israel I [Paul] am bound with this
chain" (Acts 28:20).

"Of the hope and resurrection of the dead" (Acts
23:6).

The promise of inheriting the world:

"The promise, that he should be the heir of the
world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through
the law, but through the righteousness of faith ...
it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end
the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to
that only which is of the law, but to that also which
is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us
all" (Romans 4:13,16).

The promise of a new earth:

and a new earth" (2 Peter 3:13).

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth"
(Isaiah 65:17).

"And this is the promise that he hath promised us,
even eternal life" (1 John 2:25).

"For there the LORD commanded the blessing, even
life for evermore" (Psalms 133:3).

Yea, all "the best promises" of the church are those
made in the Old Testament to Israel, and the church
partakes of them by being joined to Israel:

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and
foreigners, but fellowcitizens" (Ephesians 2:19).

Bible2 had referred to 1 Corinthians 15:23.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #114:
We are firstfruits .. according to romans 8:23 called
rapture

"As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be
made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ

This is referring to resurrection; Christ Himself is
the firstfruits of the resurrection:

"Now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the
firstfruits of them that slept [were dead]"
(1 Corinthians 15:20).

Regarding Romans 8:23, that refers to all saints,
who have the firstfruits of the Spirit but who have
not yet been resurrected:

"Ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the
Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of
our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is
seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he
yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not,
then do we with patience wait for it" (Romans
8:23-25).

We wait for the second coming, which is when
1 Corinthians 15:22-23 said we will be resurrected,
just as 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 says that the second
coming is when we'll be resurrected and raptured:

"We which are alive and remain unto the coming of
the Lord shall not prevent [precede] them which are
asleep [are dead]. For the Lord himself shall
descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of
the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the
dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are
alive and remain shall be caught up together with
them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air".

The second coming won't be until after we go through
the tribulation:

"Immediately after the tribulation ... they shall see
the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with
power and great glory" (Matthew 24:29-30).

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery
trial which is to try you, as though some strange
thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye
are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his
glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with
exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:12-13).

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober,
and hope to the end for the grace that is to be
brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ"
(1 Peter 1:13).

Bible2 had quoted 1 Corinthians 15:22-23.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #114:
gal 3:16, 1 cor 12:12-13 No old Testament saints got
this close under law!

one, And to thy seed, which is Christ" (Galatians
3:16).

This means that the Old Testament saints had the
promises made to them. While they couldn't receive
the fulfillment of these promises while under the
law, the Old Covenant, they have now received the
fulfillment of these promises under the New
Covenant, for under the New Covenant anyone who has
faith receives the fulfillment of these promises,
even those who were formerly under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by
grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all
the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but
to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is
the father of us all" (Romans 4:16).

Regarding your reference to 1 Corinthians 12:12-13:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and
all the members of that one body, being many, are one
body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all
baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or
Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been
all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Corinthians
12:12-13).

This shows that it doesn't matter whether someone was
a Jew or not, was formerly under the law or not; they
can still become part of the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul always went to the Old Testament scriptures to
prove and make manifest the gospel of Christ:

scriptures) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord"
(Romans 1:1-3).

prophets" (Romans 16:25-26).

gospel of Christ was some new thing nowhere foretold
in the Old Testament scriptures:
SO THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE OF MYSTERY ... NO DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT... NO

KEPT A SECRET TILL KNOW... SO WHAT IS THE SECRET
OR IS God lieing is that what you are saying again
"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the
prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have
suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he
expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things
concerning himself" (Luke 24:25-27).

"Brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I
preached unto you, which also ye have received, and
wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye
keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye
have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first
of all that which I also received, how that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures; And
that he was buried, and that he rose again the third
day according to the scriptures" (1 Corinthians
15:1-4).

Indeed the Old Testament scriptures not only foretold
what the gospel of Christ would be, they even showed
Old Testament saints by God's grace partaking by
faith of some of the same benefits that would accrue
to saints after the cross and resurrection of Christ
had been completed:
1 peter 1:10 why did the prophets search diligently about the grace to come... it was a secret .. how

vs 11 suffering of Christ[there King] and the glory that should follow

Kings do not suffer there subjects do
"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God,
and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now
to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of
grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but
believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his
faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David
also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto
whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are
forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the
man to whom the Lord will not impute sin ...
|
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;
to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed;
not to that only which is of the law, but to that
also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the
father of us all" (Romans 4:3-8,16).
congraduations in context but off the subject of mysteries ...what was a secret ... the saved Jews were subjects kept to a distance .. ex 19:4-13 when the law was brought upon them

We have God living in us ... they never had that while on earth!
"Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past
Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision
by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh
made by hands; That at that time ye were without
Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having
no hope, and without God in the world"
(Ephesians 2:11-12).

That refers to the requirement of circumcision, which
Old Testament Gentiles had to submit to before they
could become part of Old Testament Israel:

"And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and
will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males
be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep
it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land:
for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. One
law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the
stranger that sojourneth among you" (Exodus 12:48-49).
so they became a aprostletyle ... 2nd class citzen within the Jews
I do know this ...they were saved but not equals even then

Now we are equal .. thus the Good news in the ephesians
Such Gentiles could even pray at the temple and have
their prayers answered by God:
they were not allowed inside the temple at all ... Jews could go to the outer court ... priest could go to the Holiess but one the High priest could go in the presence of God once a year .... we can be in His presence every moment heb 4:16
"Moreover concerning the stranger, which is not of
thy people Israel, but is come from a far country
for thy great name's sake, and thy mighty hand, and
thy stretched out arm; if they come and pray in this
house; Then hear thou from the heavens, even from
thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the
stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the
earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy
people Israel" (2 Chronicles 6:32-33).

Such Gentiles were in no way to think that they were
separated from Israel or the temple or its Old
Covenant sacrifices:
so when was the gospel told to them in their country .....
"Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath
joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD
hath utterly separated me from his people ... the
sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the
LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD,
to be his servants, every one that keepeth the
sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my
covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their
burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be
accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be
called an house of prayer for all people" (Isaiah
56:3,6-7).

Such Gentiles were in no way to be held at arm's
length by the Israelites:

"The stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto
you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him
as thyself" (Leviticus 19:34).

It would even be possible for such Gentiles to
inherit the land of Israel with the Israelites:

"So shall ye divide this land unto you according to
ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto
you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you,
which shall beget children among you: and they shall
be unto you as born in the country among the children
of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among
in what tribe the stranger sojourneth, there shall ye
give him his inheritance, saith the Lord GOD"
(Ezekiel 47:21-23).

So believing Gentiles had a lot of promises and had
full access to God, even under the Old Covenant, so
long as they got physically circumcised and kept the
Old Covenant law. Under the New Covenant, believing
Gentiles no longer need to be physically circumcised
or keep the Old Covenant law in order to receive the
New Covenant's promises and access to God:

"Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the
circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through
faith" (Romans 3:30).

"For there is verily a disannulling of the
commandment going before for the weakness and
unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing
perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did;
by the which we draw nigh unto God"
(Hebrews 7:18-19).

this is promise to citizen of the heaven who are either a Jew or Gentile but part of the New man ... thee Christ.. gal 3:16
No scripture says or requires that the former Old
Testament saints aren't now in the church, or that
they won't be resurrected at exactly the same time
and fashion as the rest of the church. And Matthew
25:14-30, the parable of the talents, includes all
those in the church who are watching for Jesus'
second coming:

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor
the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. For the
kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far
country, who called his own servants, and delivered
unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five
talents, to another two, and to another one; to
every man according to his several ability ...
After a long time the lord of those servants cometh,
and reckoneth with them. And so he that had received
five talents came and brought other five talents,
saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents:
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and
faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few
things, I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy lord" (Matthew
25:13-15,20-21).

"I will give unto every one of you according to
your works" (Revelation 2:23).

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with
me, to give every man according as his work shall
be" (Revelation 22:12).

"And if ye call on the Father, who without respect
of persons judgeth according to every man's work,
pass the time of your sojourning here in fear"
(1 Peter 1:17).

Christ; that every one may receive the things done
in his body, according to that he hath done, whether
it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of
the Lord ..." (2 Corinthians 5:10-11).

"His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked
and slothful servant ... Cast ye the unprofitable
servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping
and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:26,30).

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into
subjection: lest that by any means, when I have
preached to others, I myself should be a castaway"
(1 Corinthians 9:27).

"We labour, that, whether present or absent, we may
be accepted of him" (2 Corinthians 5:9).

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and
pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war
against the soul" (1 Peter 2:11).

While Christians are strangers and pilgrims on this
current earth, they do hope to live on the new earth
for eternity, for that's where God Himself will live
for eternity:

and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness"
(2 Peter 3:13).

and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy
city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of
heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he
will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
and God himself shall be with them, and be their
God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their
eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither
sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more
pain: for the former things are passed away. And he
that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all
things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these
words are true and faithful" (Revelation 21:1-5).

And even before the new earth, Christians hope to
live on this old earth with Christ during His
millennial reign:

shall reign with him a thousand years" (Revelation
20:6).

"He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the
end, to him will I give power over the nations: And
he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the

Nothing in Revelation 4 requires that any believers
have been raptured by that time, for the four beasts
and the 24 elders could be angelic beings who have
been worshipping God continually for ages and ages,
even before men had even been created, and just as
they were doing in Old Testament times:

"Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD" (Isaiah 6:3).
"Holy, holy, holy, Lord" (Revelation 4:8).

Regarding "the bride who has the best promises",
nothing requires that any of the former Old Testament
saints are not now part of the bride, or that any of
the New Testament saints in the tribulation will not
be part of the bride, for they all have the one faith
that now makes people part of the bride, the body of
Christ, the church:

father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife,
and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great
mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the
church" (Ephesians 5:30-32).

And "the best promises" of the church are those made
in the Old Testament to Israel:

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth ... the
promises" (Romans 9:4).

one, And to thy seed, which is Christ ... And if ye
be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs
according to the promise" (Galatians 3:16,29).

(Continued)
out of context ... who are the letter written too!

If I send my bills to you will you pay them?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So this is correct. This is what the pre tribbers believe. The above is the order of events. No variatians.

1 COR. 15 [51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, [52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

This is the first resurrection, when the dead in Christ shall be raised. The pre tribbers claim its before the trib period.

REV. 20 [4] And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I SAW THE SOULS OF THEM that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and WHICH HAD NOT WORSHIPPED THE BEAST, NEITHER HIS IMAGE, NEITHER HAD RECEIVED HIS MARK UPON THEIR FOREHEADS, OR IN THEIR HANDS; AND THEY LIVED AND REIGNED WITH CHRIST A THOUSAND YEARS. [5] But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION. [6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Here again we see the first resurrection (thats what the scripture actually says). But what we find here are peoples who did not take the mark of the beast PRIOR to the first resurrection. The same resurrection spoken of in 1Cor.15. So if those who are in the 1st resurrection had confronted the “beast” youve got to know that they went through the tribulation period.

Am i right, accorrding to scripture?

And if scripture is right, there is no pre trib rapture.

I disagree. Who do you think is on the thrones?
Rev 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

To whom is judgment given?
1Cr 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent {to} {constitute} the smallest law courts? 1Cr 6:3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?

Daniel 12 has a reference to a resurrection to life and a resurrection to death. (wake to life or everlasting contempt).
The "first resurrection" is a term for a resurrection to life. Christ was the firstfruits of that resurrection. Those resurrected in verse 4 are only those that were in the Tribulation, so the OT saints, and the church prior to that period had already been resurrected.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Bible2 had quoted from Romans 16:25-26, and then
said "So how silly it would be for anyone to think
that the gospel of Christ was some new thing nowhere
foretold in the Old Testament scriptures".
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #118:
SO THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE OF MYSTERY ... NO DO YOU
UNDERSTAND IT... NO

KEPT A SECRET TILL KNOW... SO WHAT IS THE SECRET
OR IS God lieing is that what you are saying again

It has never been said that God is lying, just as He
is not lying when has Paul say that the gospel of
Christ was made manifest by the Old Testament
scriptures:

prophets, according to the commandment of the
everlasting God, made known to all nations for the
obedience of faith" (Romans 16:25-26).

scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our
Lord" (Romans 1:1-3).

"Having therefore obtained help of God, I [Paul]
continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and
great, saying none other things than those which the
prophets and Moses did say should come: That Christ
should suffer, and that he should be the first that
should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto
the people, and to the Gentiles" (Acts 26:22-23).

The mystery and secret was the gospel itself: the
death and resurrection of Christ, and that the
salvation it brought would apply not only to the
people of Israel, but to all the Gentile nations as
well:

"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest
be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to
restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give
thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be
my salvation unto the end of the earth" (Isaiah
49:6).

"By revelation he made known unto me the mystery;
(as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye
read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery
of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known
unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his
holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the
Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same
body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the
gospel" (Ephesians 3:3-6).

The Gentiles would be fellowheirs with Israel, and
of the same body as Israel, and partakers of the
salvation promised to Israel by the prophesied death
and resurrection of Christ:

"He was wounded for our transgressions, he was
bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our
peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are
healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have
turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath
laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:5-6).

"Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt
thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption"
(Psalms 16:10).

"And he [Jesus] said unto them, These are the words
which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were
written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets,
and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he
their understanding, that they might understand the
scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written,
and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise
from the dead the third day: And that repentance and
remission of sins should be preached in his name
among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem"
(Luke 24:44-47).

Note the key statement above: "Then opened he their
understanding, that they might understand the
scriptures". That shows how the atoning death and
resurrection of Christ and the salvation of the
Gentiles could remain a mystery and a secret even
though it was right there spelled out plain as day
for all to see in the Old Testament scriptures.
Before Jesus opened the apostles' understanding,
they and everyone else had been reading the plain
statements such as in Isaiah 53:5-6, Psalms 16:10,
and Isaiah 49:6 without understanding them; the
plain statements were a mystery, a secret, that
nobody could grasp until Jesus had completed His
work and revealed the mystery to believers in Him.

Before the revelation of the mystery of the gospel,
even believers in Christ could not only not fathom
some plain Old Testament scriptures regarding it;
they couldn't even fathom simple statements made to
them regarding it by Jesus Himself:

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them,
The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men,
and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed,
he shall rise the third day. But they understood not
that saying, and were afraid to ask him"
(Mark 9:31-32).

"Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the
Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
But they understood not this saying, and it was hid
from them, that they perceived it not: and they
feared to ask him of that saying" (Luke 9:44-45).

Unbelievers remain in a similar situation today,
even though believers point out to them how Jesus'
death and resurrection, and his extending of
salvation to the Gentiles, fulfilled scriptures such
as Isaiah 53:5-6, Psalms 16:10, and Isaiah 49:6.
Even when unbelievers have the scriptures explained
to them, they still cannot grasp them:

"Which things also we speak, not in the words which
man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost
teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the
Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:
neither can he know them, because they are
spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:13-14).

Paul refers to unbelieving Jews reading the Old
Testament with mental blinders on:

"Their minds were blinded: for until this day
remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading
of the old testament; which vail is done away in
Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read,
the vail is upon their heart" (2 Corinthians 3:14-15).

And nothing but God's grace can break through the
blinders; no evidence, no argument, no exposition of
the scriptures:

"If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither
will they be persuaded, though one rose from the
dead" (Luke 16:31).

This is why Paul says believers need to be gentle
with unbelievers and let God Himself grant them the
ability to receive the truth:

"The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be
gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In
meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;
if God peradventure will give them repentance to
the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may
recover themselves out of the snare of the devil,
who are taken captive by him at his will"
(2 Timothy 2:24-26).

A Brother In Christ said in post #118:
1 peter 1:10 why did the prophets search diligently
about the grace to come... it was a secret .. how

vs 11 suffering of Christ[there King] and the glory
that should follow

Kings do not suffer there subjects do

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and
searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace
that should come unto you: [11] Searching what, or
what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was
in them did signify, when it testified beforehand
the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should
follow. [12] Unto whom it was revealed, that not
unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the
things, which are now reported unto you by them that
have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost
sent down from heaven" (1 Peter 1:10-12).

This means that even the prophets themselves, like
Isaiah and David, who foretold in plain language
Christ's death for our sins and His resurrection from
the dead, and His extension of salvation to the
Gentiles -- even the prophets themselves "searched"
what the prophecies they had written down "did
signify". After they wrote them down by the
inspiration of the Spirit, they must have read them
over and scratched their heads, thinking "Wow...
that's intense. But what does it mean?" And God must
have answered them, "revealed" to them, "What you
have foretold is not to be fulfilled for you in your
lifetime; it will be fulfilled in the lifetime of
those sometime in the future, to whom the prophecies
you have written down will minister, for those people
in the future will be given understanding of the
prophecies after they have seen them fulfilled".

But this would in no way mean that the gospel events
foretold in the prophecies, once fulfilled, would
have no applicability to the Old Testament saints,
for the prophecies said they would; gospel prophecies
spoken by the Old Testament saints, such as Isaiah
53:5-6, say "we" will benefit from their fulfillment,
meaning that the Old Testament saints would be
included in their benefit. But the Old Testament
saints would not benefit, would not be made perfect,
by the fulfillment of the gospel prophecies during
their lifetimes:

"These all, having obtained a good report through
faith, received not the promise: God having provided
some better thing for us, that they without us should
not be made perfect" (Hebrews 11:39-40).

This doesn't mean that the Old Testament saints
weren't given the promise of the gospel in the Old
Testament scriptures, because they were; but they
didn't "receive" the promise in at least two ways:
first, they didn't understand it, and, second, they
didn't receive its fulfillment during their
lifetimes. The "better thing" provided to the
apostles and their followers in the first century,
and eventually to their followers in all subsequent
centuries, was not some thing nowhere foretold in the
Old Testament, rather, it was a reception of an
understanding of the gospel message foretold in the
Old Testament, and a reception of the benefit, the
being made perfect, that accrues to believers in the
gospel after its fulfillment by Christ. But once it
had been fulfilled, then the souls of the dead Old
Testament saints could also be given an understanding
of it, and they could also be given its benefit, they
could also be made perfect, but not without us.

After He had completed His cross and resurrection,
Jesus Himself went down into Hades and preached the
gospel and its fulfillment to all the souls of the
Old Testament saints, and they were thereby made
perfect, and so could then ascend into heaven with
Jesus:

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the
just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by
the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto
the spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19)

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to
them that are dead" (1 Peter 4:6).

"Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he
led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. Now
that he ascended, what is it but that he also
descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"
(Ephesians 4:8-9).

"Ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of
the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an
innumerable company of angels, To the general
assembly and church of the firstborn, which are
written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and
to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus
the mediator of the new covenant [diatheke], and to
the blood of sprinkling" (Hebrews 12:22-24).

That is how the Old Testament saints were made
perfect and brought into heaven, the same way all
saints are, by the new covenant blood of Christ shed
on the cross:

"For this is my blood of the new testament [diatheke,
covenant], which is shed for many for the remission
of sins" (Matthew 26:28).

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will
make a new covenant with the house of Israel ...
I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember
their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:31,34).

But how can we Gentiles partake of this covenant of
salvation when it's made only with Israel? By being
joined to Israel:

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and
foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints"
(Ephesians 2:19).

Bible2 had quoted from Romans 4:3-8,16.
---
A Brother In Christ replied in post #118:
the saved Jews were subjects kept to a distance ..
ex 19:4-13 when the law was brought upon them

We have God living in us ... they never had that
while on earth!

The Old Testament saints did have God living in
them while on earth: "The Spirit of Christ which
was in them" (1 Peter 1:11).

The fact that the Israelites were kept at a physical
distance from Mount Sinai in Exodus 19:12-13 in no
way means that they were kept at a spiritual distance
from God, for Exodus 19:4-13 doesn't say that the
saved Jews were kept spiritually away from God. It
says the exact opposite, for God tells them that He
had "brought you unto myself" (Exodus 19:4), and in
their obedience "ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto
me above all people. And ye shall be unto me a
kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the
words which thou shalt speak unto the children of
Israel" (Exodus 19:5-6).

So even under the Old Covenant law, they were in some
ways as close to God as saints are today:

"Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an
holy nation, a peculiar people" (1 Peter 2:9).

The words of 1 Peter 2:9, employing the the words of
Exodus 19:5-6 which were to be spoken to Israel, are
spoken to saints today because they have been joined
to Israel.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.