Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I don't have anything against SDAs. A lot of things I agree with them about, but this not being one of them. Until I read this Commentary today that I just submitted, I never realized that there were actually people in Illinois 2300 years later waiting for the Lord to return, and that they sold all of their possessions, even their farms. If that alone doesn't prove there is zero reason to apply years to days, then I don't know what is? Nothing significant happened in 1844. In my view the prophecy involving the little horn in Daniel 8 is meaning the beast in Revelation 13. And in 1844 this same beast was not cast into the LOF at Christ's 2nd coming. Something that obviously has to happen before the sanctuary shall be cleansed.
I do not believe in the inerrancy of scripture theory. My primary focus should be on what I am supposed to do today. Started to reread Psalms as I had not been there in awhile. My ex-girlfriend used to read them. I found the passage, “From the mouths of babes you have ordained praise...” It comes from Psalm 8 and Matthew 21:16.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The key to a wonderful spirituality...

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

I find when one anticipates possibilities of the coming of Christ as something that can occur at anytime... A wonderful spirituality follows.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The key to a wonderful spirituality...

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:39-40

I find when one anticipates possibilities of the coming of Christ as something that can occur at anytime... A wonderful spirituality follows.

While I agree to a degree, this still implies a number of things. For example, if Christ could return today or even tomorrow, this implies a Pretrib rapture since there are still prophecies that have to be fulfilled before He can return, otherwise these unfulfilled prophecies would be false prophecies. But if Pretrib is not true, this logically means that Christ can't return today or even tomorrow. And in case this logic is disputed, let's see what happens by tomorrow in order to test this logic. Or let's make it even more interesting. Let's give it until the remainder of this year. Obviously, though Preterists dispute it, the great tribulation involving Matthew 24:15-21 hasn't started yet, and that it at involves at least 3.5 years. Therefore, unless a pretrib rapture is Biblical, Christ can't return today, nor tomorrow, nor even during the remainder of this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The danger in this is not heeding the warnings by Christ and Paul. And there is a fake Christ that will return before the true one. That's the ultimate deception. That's why Christ states he comes at an hour most do not expect. Because many will have believed he has already arrived. (They will be stating peace and safety) We are not to fall away to the fake one first. We must wait on the true one.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,623.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does any of this sound like this is meaning before great tribulation or during great tribulation? Keeping in mind that this is what occurs once the coming in Matthew 24:44 occurs.

Does any of this sound like this is meaning before great tribulation or during great tribulation?

Yes it does.

We already know when Jesus comes. It's during Armageddon. There is no mystery here even if we don't know the day or hour.

Why does the Bible act so confused about the return of Jesus? Well, it's to confuse you.

Matthew 13 explains: Complex language is used in the Bible in order to confuse most people on purpose, since they won't listen and refuse to see. That way they can be punished. Hence, complex language is used to hide bad news.

The return of Jesus is just code for events that will shortly precede his actual return. These are big wars (nuclear wars) and the false prophet/mark of the beast. These events will catch Christians and everyone else off-guard, unless one pays close attention and gets ready.

Big wars start before the tribulation period begins. World War III might start in the next year or two.

War Log | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does any of this sound like this is meaning before great tribulation or during great tribulation?

Yes it does.

What you have quoted by me , that was only in regards to the gnashing of teeth, which obvously involves being cast bodily into hell, the lake of fire, and that you apparently think this happens both before and during the great tribulation. Either that, or we are not even remotely on the same page here.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,623.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you have quoted by me , that was only in regards to the gnashing of teeth, which obvously involves being cast bodily into hell, the lake of fire, and that you apparently think this happens both before and during the great tribulation. Either that, or we are not even remotely on the same page here.

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0