Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Earlier this morning I saw this thread, which grabbed my attention, and I froze, as a flood of memories came back to me from my early childhood, over 40 years ago.

I remember, vividly, after coming to Jesus at age 5, without my parents even knowing, I'd become aware of this presence in my mind, that would comfort, teach and console me. We'd have these long conversations, regarding obedience to my parents, honesty, compassion and a whole lot of stuff, which looking back, lines up perfectly with Biblical truth - even practical teaching on how to chase away demons. He always treated me with such warmth and love, unlike any person I have ever known. Somehow, all this has been buried for so long. Until now. This was a spiritual entity. And not just any spiritual entity, but indeed the Holy Spirit. There's no way that my imagination could have come up with such pure Biblical truth all by myself, especially never having seen a Bible until much later. I always used to have a very accurate sense of what to share with my parents and what not to. I used to be able to predict precisely how people would respond to anything I was about to say, and that guided me through into my teens, when it stopped somehow. Probably when my parents rebuked me for having this invisible friend. He was my dearest friend of all. Looking back, my parents would have wrecked my faith completely if I was to tell them of all these encounters - rest their souls. What an awesome God we serve...

Last edited:

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I just remembered another one of those instances where He would step in and give me comfort:

I was in bed, waiting to fall asleep, and my parents started arguing. Things got heated and my mom and dad started screaming and cursing at each other. This made me so fearful, that, still trembling, I prayed to Jesus to give me parents that would love me. Right then, my friend says "Relax my child, they are not upset with you or anything you did. They love you, very much. They are simply having a disagreement over something different entirely. Go to sleep my dear."

It never scared me again after that day.

One can only but marvel at the love of God for His children...

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

andreha

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Gauteng
✟130,569.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
And here's another one that came back:

I was a few years older than before. My parents visited some folks, and I remember how someone spoke about Jesus punishing wicked people. I couldn't get the image of Jesus being angry at me out of my mind. So later, when we were back home, I played with my lego blocks for a bit. Then my friend said "My dear, you must not be afraid of Jesus. He loves you, very dearly. He'll never hurt you. Remember, the people who spoke of Him are not like you. See, their hearts are not like yours. Yours is like a soft ball of clay. And see, it only takes a gentle touch to leave a permanent impression. That's how Jesus feels about you. Other people who don't want to know Jesus, hurt others, and they will require a lot more than a gentle touch, because they just won't feel it. You don't have to worry at all. Jesus will treat you just like I do."

And that settled it. Glory to You, Lord Jesus.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0