Thoughts on a 26 year old dating a 18 year old?

Trayalc

Jan 2, 2019
Georgia
✟32,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey y'all, been a while since I've posted. It's good to be back. Let's cut to the chase: I'm 26 years old, and recently I've had more opportunities to talk to an 18 year old young woman at my church. There seems to be a spark there.

Normally I would avoid such an age group, but I have found her to be different. For instance, she wears head coverings to church due to her own biblical convictions. When I was 18, I was far from thinking about such things.

But I realize an 8 year age gap is not insignificant. A couple of church friends I know have asked me about our budding relationship and seem to support it. I know her parents, and they seem to like me (although I fully intend to approach her father for permission to date her, if I decide to).

So, ultimately I wonder if this would be a wise relationship. I want to handle this honorably. Would appreciate thoughts on this! Thank you.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey y'all, been a while since I've posted. It's good to be back. Let's cut to the chase: I'm 26 years old, and recently I've had more opportunities to talk to an 18 year old young woman at my church. There seems to be a spark there.

Normally I would avoid such an age group, but I have found her to be different. For instance, she wears head coverings to church due to her own biblical convictions. When I was 18, I was far from thinking about such things.

But I realize an 8 year age gap is not insignificant. A couple of church friends I know have asked me about our budding relationship and seem to support it. I know her parents, and they seem to like me (although I fully intend to approach her father for permission to date her, if I decide to).

So, ultimately I wonder if this would be a wise relationship. I want to handle this honorably. Would appreciate thoughts on this! Thank you.
It's legal. It seems weird/wrong now because she is still a teenager but once that girl starts reaching her mid 20's (or even just 23), that 8 year age isn't going to seem that much of a big deal. It's normal.

Upvote 0